ImageImage

Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#81 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 6:41 pm

Fire da coach. Da caperZ is a **** joke. Ron zook should be out of da jobz. Thompson is teh suck. Bring in da Ron wolf kid. Etc.
Do it for Chuck
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#82 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:15 pm

Packers are 11-1 this season when defense gives up less than 30 points. Crazy.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,366

Post#83 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:17 pm

Idk, didn't we say the same things about losing Jordy before the season last year? "It's a big loss, but I think the offense will be fine" sort of stuff?

I really wanna believe the offense won't miss him much based on the 2nd half performance, but man, I'm nervous. We needed all our offensive weapons for this SB run, and losing arguably our best WR is a big blow. But hey, maybe if the defense keeps exceeding expectations, and Rodgers stays in God Mode for another 3 weeks, anything is possible.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,263

Post#84 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:20 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Fire da coach. Da caperZ is a **** joke. Ron zook should be out of da jobz. Thompson is teh suck. Bring in da Ron wolf kid. Etc.

Zook should still be fired. Special teams cost us a time out on the very first possession. Would have come in handy at the end of the half if not for the Hail Mary.

They're good for a mistake almost every game.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,366

Post#85 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:22 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Going to sound odd, but don't even know if Nelson is a huge loss based on how Rodgers is playing, Allison's improvement, Cobb and Cook in the fold, etc. It all comes down to what is Dallas' TOP? Because I don't see any way they are stopping Rodgers, who is in full Godgers mode right now. Can we stop their running game at all? On that I don't have much confidenec. Just need to hope they hold some of the drives to FG.

Yeah. I mean, obviously having Jordy back would be nice, but the offense was clicking on all cylinders after he went out of the game yesterday. With Adams being reliable now, a healthier Cobb, and Allison being a nice addition, I still think Rodgers and the offense can put up some points on the Dallas defense. Plus, with Michael looking as explosive as he did yesterday, I'd be fine with giving him the bulk of the carries in Jordy's absence and having Montgomery go back to being a slot WR for the majority of the game.

The Dallas defense isn't any good. The Giants defense is a much scarier unit and the Packers had their way with them for three quarters yesterday. They can't get into the same predicament though that they did yesterday by basically throwing away a quarter on offense. They need to be sharp right away -- like some of you have said, if the Packers can jump out to a 10-0, or 14-0 lead and force Dak to throw, that could be huge into hopefully forcing him into a couple of mistakes.

This. I don't think we can afford to have a slow start like we did against the Giants. Elliot and that run game will make you pay. Getting any sort of pressure against that Dallas O-line is going to be big, but you almost have to bring a safety down in the box and just trust your DB's to cover early.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Post#86 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 9, 2017 7:35 pm

I hate losing Jordy and of course we're better with a healthy #87 but even with some kind of miracle shot and a flak jacket I'd rather have Allison out there at full strength. It's definitely a blow to lose him but we can score on Dallas without him. We have to :)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#87 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 8:09 pm

German announcers call the Hail Mary

packers.com/news/video/german-announcers-call-hail-mary-td-pass-e40863b1-052e-4726-b1ac-1dad1b46c1d6
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#88 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 8:39 pm

Jordy not ruled out for Sunday. Still think it's unlikely he plays but at least he has a shot to.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#89 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 8:41 pm

I took 4 years of German and the only thing I understood was "Das ist unglaublich" (that's unbelievable).
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#90 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 9, 2017 8:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Idk, didn't we say the same things about losing Jordy before the season last year? "It's a big loss, but I think the offense will be fine" sort of stuff?

I really wanna believe the offense won't miss him much based on the 2nd half performance, but man, I'm nervous. We needed all our offensive weapons for this SB run, and losing arguably our best WR is a big blow. But hey, maybe if the defense keeps exceeding expectations, and Rodgers stays in God Mode for another 3 weeks, anything is possible.

I don't think losing Jordy last season is comparable at all to losing him now. Last season losing Jordy might've been the proverbial straw, but really it was just one of many problems with the passing offense.

Things seems totally different now, imo. Having Cook is huge, absolutely huge.

But yeah, obviously I'd rather have Jordy than not. But I'm less concerned about his absence than I otherwise might be.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:01 pm

Abby signed with the Lions today.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#92 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:04 pm

Jags will make Doug Marrone their head coach.

What a crap organization.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#93 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:53 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Jags will make Doug Marrone their head coach.

What a crap organization.

Bringing in Coughlin as Executive VP of Football Operations also, which is a better move than Marrone.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#94 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:57 pm

Mike Pennel just got released. I wonder if the organization knows more trouble is coming down the pipeline for him. Otherwise it seems like strange timing.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#95 » by emunney » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:57 pm

Packers cut Pennel. Must have failed another test.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#96 » by El Duderino » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:13 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Fire da coach. Da caperZ is a **** joke. Ron zook should be out of da jobz. Thompson is teh suck. Bring in da Ron wolf kid. Etc.

Zook should still be fired. Special teams cost us a time out on the very first possession. Would have come in handy at the end of the half if not for the Hail Mary.

Same goes for almost any special teams unit given they cover multiple punts and kickoffs every game, along with having to block for multiple punts and kickoffs every game. Someone is bound to make a mistake or two,

Overall the Packers special teams were great vs the Giants and played a factor in the victory.

Given we lack a dynamic return man and have a bottom tier punter, i don't think Zook has done a poor job this year. It's on Ted to acquire a more consistent punter and big play return man.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Re: RE: Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#97 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Idk, didn't we say the same things about losing Jordy before the season last year? "It's a big loss, but I think the offense will be fine" sort of stuff?

I'm thinking the same thing also but have TE in the fold that can stretch the field and an Adams playing like a #1 for the 2nd half of the year alleviates those worries a lil bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#98 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:41 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

It's on Ted to acquire a more consistent punter and big play return man.

From Cobb, to Janis, to Montgomery, to T. Davis, I think TT has had plenty of consideration for the return game. Great return men aren't sitting out there and readily available. Seattle just exhumed Devin Hester's body for chrissakes.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#99 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 9, 2017 10:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:Jordy not ruled out for Sunday. Still think it's unlikely he plays but at least he has a shot to.

Kind of stunned that there's even a possibility that he plays. He was in a hospital on Sunday night. The notion that he'll try to practice on Saturday surprises me. I suspected that he was done for at least a month.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Post#100 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 9, 2017 11:20 pm

I think it's just a smokescreen, Jordy isn't playing.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers