ImageImageImageImageImage

The Goff Prophecy Has Come True

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

The Goff Prophecy Has Come True 

Post#1 » by I_am_1z » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:51 am

Either Clyde or Bingo get credit for this one. They told us the 49ers would regret the Rams ever drafting Jared Goff and it has already happened!

Goff turning the 49ers away from the number one overall selection by playing as awful as it gets.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: The Goff Prophecy Has Come True 

Post#2 » by NinerSickness » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:39 am

I_am_1z wrote:Either Clyde or Bingo get credit for this one. They told us the 49ers would regret the Rams ever drafting Jared Goff and it has already happened!

Goff turning the 49ers away from the number one overall selection by playing as awful as it gets.

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#3 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 7:15 pm

I've never seen someone so petty. :crazy: :lol:
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#4 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 pm

I_am_1z wrote:Either Clyde or Bingo get credit for this one. They told us the 49ers would regret the Rams ever drafting Jared Goff and it has already happened!

Just now seeing this thread.

Two words Iz, CONNOR COOK! If I remember correctly you wanted us to draft him with our first our pick? A top 10 pick.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Two words Iz, CONNOR COOK! If I remember correctly you wanted us to draft him with our first our pick? A top 10 pick.

Exactly. Let's wait at least until a QB's 3rd season before we're starting in with the B word, shall we? Especially QBs as raw as these 2 (I wanted either one, but I didn't want 'em to even sniff a football field 'til well into the 2017 season).
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#6 » by I_am_1z » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

True.

You thought Goff was top #1 worthy. As stated in another thread, we didn't see the Raider OC tailor a gameplan that fit Connor Cook's abilities. The man is aggressive and loves taking chances. Against the Texans we saw a dink and dunk offense with erratic throws and 7 dropped passes (if you include the one to Amari over the middle. It was high, but hit both his hands). Amari Cooper allowed Jonathan Joseph to run his routes for him and Crabtree was hobbled coming into the game. The guy couldn't catch a break nor any sort of rhythm.

Jared Goff's rookie campaign was far more concerning than Cook's lackluster performance vs. the Texans
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#7 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Make a determination on one rookie QB but make excuses for the other. Hmm. How about waiting three years on both and then see where they are at?
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#8 » by I_am_1z » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:Make a determination on one rookie QB but make excuses for the other. Hmm. How about waiting three years on both and then see where they are at?

Why would I wait an entire three years before commenting about a player?
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#9 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Way too early to consider Goff a bust. Greg Cosell talked about Goff a couple of times. Goff played in an air raid offense at Cal. According to Cosell, there is a steep learning curve going from an air raid offense in college to an NFL offense. At to that, the Rams wanted to bring him along slowly and his HC was Jeff Fisher.

I was not high on Connor Cook coming out of college. But it is crazy to judge Cook who hasn't played in a year, was the scout QB, and his first NFL game is in the playoffs and on the road against the number one defense in the league. He hadn't even practiced some of team's plays until last week.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#10 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:Way too early to consider Goff a bust. Greg Cosell talked about Goff a couple of times. Goff played in an air raid offense at Cal. According to Cosell, there is a steep learning curve going from an air raid offense in college to an NFL offense. At to that, the Rams wanted to bring him along slowly and his HC was Jeff Fisher.

I was not high on Connor Cook coming out of college. But it is crazy to judge Cook who hasn't played in a year, was the scout QB, and his first NFL game is in the playoffs and on the road against the number one defense in the league. He hadn't even practiced some of team's plays until last week.

We had the 7th overall pick. A few individuals on this board thought it would have been wise to draft Cook with the 7th pick.

Most of us graded him as a late 2nd to early 3rd round prospect. The point is there is a real reason (besides character or off field issues) as to why as a prospect he was graded as a third rounder--who actually ended up being drafted in the 4th. I thought he was a steal in the fourth but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'll amount to anything special. What I mean by steal, is that you have yourself a descent starter, very solid backup in a couple years, but nothing close to being a franchise type player. He never was and never will be that special player.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#11 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:Way too early to consider Goff a bust. Greg Cosell talked about Goff a couple of times. Goff played in an air raid offense at Cal. According to Cosell, there is a steep learning curve going from an air raid offense in college to an NFL offense. At to that, the Rams wanted to bring him along slowly and his HC was Jeff Fisher.

We had the 7th overall pick. A few individuals on this board thought it would have been wise to draft Cook with the 7th pick.

Most of us graded him as a late 2nd to early 3rd round prospect. The point is there is a real reason (besides character or off field issues) as to why as a prospect he was graded as a third rounder--who actually ended up being drafted in the 4th. I thought he was a steal in the fourth but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'll amount to anything special. What I mean by steal, is that you have yourself a descent starter, very solid backup in a couple years, but nothing close to being a franchise type player. He never was and never will be that special player.

Taking Cook with the #7 pick would have been stupid
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#12 » by I_am_1z » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:58 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

You see, there are probably people that saw Dak as a 2nd rounder and were torn into for thinking that after he was picked in the 4th. Cook played against the Broncos and Texans' defense with a mangled OL and two already injured WRs. If Cook were in Goff's situation with the Rams, I don't see him playing worse than Goff did through the year. Just because I point out how amazingly terrible Goff played, doesn't mean I'm stating he's a bust. My guy Cook would have one upped him though.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#13 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

You see, there are probably people that saw Dak as a 2nd rounder and were torn into for thinking that after he was picked in the 4th. Cook played against the Broncos and Texans' defense with a mangled OL and two already injured WRs. If Cook were in Goff's situation with the Rams, I don't see him playing worse than Goff did through the year. Just because I point out how amazingly terrible Goff played, doesn't mean I'm stating he's a bust. My guy Cook would have one upped him though.

I can't fault Cook at all for being put in a terrible situation. We will know where Goff stands in a couple of years. Cook IDK because he is going to stuck on the bench behind Carr so it might be years before we find out how could he is
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#14 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Jared Goff - QB - Rams

Jared Goff said he learned the Rams' new offense "much quicker" than last year.

New coach Sean McVay said the team was able to install about 95 percent of the offense during the offseason program, and Goff said he "understood all of it and grasped all of it so far." It is at least the second time Goff has talked about the ease of this year's transition over what he faced under the previous coaching staff. Written off after a dreadful rookie season, it will not be surprising in the least if Goff bounces back playing in a real offense.
Source: ESPN

Jun 19 - 9:14 AM
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#15 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jared Goff - QB - Rams

Jared Goff said he learned the Rams' new offense "much quicker" than last year.

New coach Sean McVay said the team was able to install about 95 percent of the offense during the offseason program, and Goff said he "understood all of it and grasped all of it so far." It is at least the second time Goff has talked about the ease of this year's transition over what he faced under the previous coaching staff. Written off after a dreadful rookie season, it will not be surprising in the least if Goff bounces back playing in a real offense.
Source: ESPN

Jun 19 - 9:14 AM

LOL, we know as well any fanbase that OTAs and offseason program there is a lot of positive talk that often doesn't translate into the regular season. Still early to give up on Goff yet. Lets see how much improvement he shows this year.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#16 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Goff has the same problems this year that he did last year: shaky OL (even with some improvements) and subpar weapons at the receiving positions. We'll see what he can do, but I'm not expecting particularly big things, even if the system is improved.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#17 » by I_am_1z » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:11 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Goff has the same problems this year that he did last year: shaky OL (even with some improvements) and subpar weapons at the receiving positions. We'll see what he can do, but I'm not expecting particularly big things, even if the system is improved.

ASKING ALL

Who do you think has a better 2017: Brian Hoyer or Jared Goff?
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by NinerSickness » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:35 am

I_am_1z wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:ASKING ALL

Goff.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#19 » by I_am_1z » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:06 am

NinerSickness wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:ASKING ALL

Goff.

At least you're brave enough to respond here.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#20 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Jared Goff - QB - Rams

Jared Goff completed 16-of-20 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' second preseason game.

Yes, Jared Goff torched somebody. He probably should have had 17 completions, but a nice deep ball to Sammy Watkins got broken up by an excellent Sean Smith play. Some of it was checkdown yardage — all of it came against an embattled Raiders defense — but it was the best we've seen Goff look, preseason or otherwise. His touchdown came on an excellent play fake to Cooper Kupp. At the very least, you can tell Goff is now part of a legitimate offensive scheme. Jeff Fisher didn't bother with that. Goff was locked onto third-rounder Kupp. He'll get the Chargers in the Rams' regular season dress rehearsal next Saturday night.

Aug 19 - 11:24 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers