ImageImage

PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,290

Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#201 » by Wooderson » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Running the ball on that 2nd to last drive is made more ridiculous by the fact that the entire offense is built around the passing game. And I'm not just referring to Rodgers, the Pack have one of if not the best pass blocking lines in the league. So instead of relying on an all-time great QB and elite pass blocking line we run the ball with backup RBs and a mediocre run blocking unit.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#202 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 pm

trwi7 wrote:3 plays that almost cost us the game. Instead of putting the ball in the hands of an MVP QB, we tried to run Montgomery, even though we were barely in FG range and even though the Cowboys had 3 timeouts. That's totally inexcusable no matter how well coached the rest of the game was.

Stop sayin 3 plays. The first Montgomery run was fine. The 2nd one was a horrible idea and the 3rd was a pass play so I'm not sure how your putting that one into the conversation.

Your really complaining about one bad play call

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,654

Post#203 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

You can't pass the ball every single play. I take umbrage with the people that simply look at the end result and say "urggggg why you call run playz there!" If I criticize McCarthy or Capers, I try to bring up specific situations and not generalize. It's harder to evaluate the play-by-play because I tend to get too emotional in real time watching the game.

What's wrong with calling a shotgun draw on 1st & 10 when you want to try and catch the defense off guard, gain a few yards when you're already in field goal range, and force them to burn a timeout? The 2nd play call was just flat out dumb. If you're gonna run it there, at least draw up a formation where you aren't telegraphing the hand-off with that formation.

Forcing them to burn two timeouts and giving Rodgers a manageable 3rd & 5 or so to convert is probably exactly what I would have wanted as well. The problem is that dumb 2nd down formation that caused us to lose yards. Rodgers was even visibly frustrated after that call. He likely had the option to audible out of the 1st run call but not the 2nd.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#204 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Prickle wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:I really think people are over thinking this.

Rodgers in a dome, playing at a level NEVER before seen in the history of the league against a defense every bit as bad as our own and as a team one that isn't as good as the one we just beat.

2 defenses that give up points in bunches and people aren't confident in taking Rodgers in a shootout? Yes Ryan has had an MVP caliber year but this is Rodgers playing at a level never before seen.

The only thing I'm concerned about stopping Rodgers right now are God and Mother Nature and Mother Nature isn't making her way into a Dome

The problem I see with this is, yes, Rodgers is in God mode right now, but he was in 2010 also. He played a perfect game against the Falcons that year. The difference is we had a way better defense that year and Ryan wasn't the MVP that he is now. Believe it or not, he is playing just as good, if not better than Arodg right now. They are clicking on offense. I'm not sure our D has a chance unless it forces some turnovers, which Ryan has not been giving up. I'd be so much more comfortable if this game was being played outside.

In 2010 Rodgers had one god mode game that PO run. He was pretty solid against Philly, pretty bad against the Bears and had a good game in the SB but not one I'd put in god level.

That team had a damn good defense and I'm not denying that. You can argue they carried us through the Wildcard and NFCCG.

I'm just saying. If there's a time to go all in its now.

And no Ryan is not playing just as good as Rodgers right now. No QB ever has. And that's with me agreeing he's probably going to get the MVP

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#205 » by trwi7 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 pm

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,382

Post#206 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Bill Vinovich is the ref for our game.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#207 » by crkone » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Adams won't practice until Saturday. He's in rehab group with Jordy and Burnett. Rollins is close to passing the protocol.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#208 » by ibanezjp » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 pm

crkone wrote:Adams won't practice until Saturday. He's in rehab group with Jordy and Burnett. Rollins is close to passing the protocol.

Not good. Even if he plays we may get 2015 injured Adams that was not nearly 2016 Adams. Dang. If he doesn't play we really need to hope for Jordy. Burnett is gonna be huge and sucks we have to wait until Saturday to get an idea. Was really hoping for something optimistic today.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,999

Post#209 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:10 pm

Great interview. Thanks for sharing.

ETA: My favorite part is when Le Batard tells everyone he's being creepy for fawning over Rodgers and then exclaims "I love you!" as Rodgers is hanging up.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,534

Post#210 » by Profound23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Nobody wanted to listen, Adams coming back in doesn't assure he plays again this week. How many times have you sprained something and been fine while playing a sport, then woke up the next day to see it was all thanks to adrenaline?

So Burnett, Rollins, Jordy, Adams

We need at least 2 of them this Sunday.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#211 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Profound23 wrote:Nobody wanted to listen, Adams coming back in doesn't assure he plays again this week. How many times have you sprained something and been fine while playing a sport, then woke up the next day to see it was all thanks to adrenaline.

Geronimo also was added to the injury report and didn't practice today.

My take: I agree with your "the next day" idea as we've heard all the time and maybe experienced ourselves. That said, I think they are sitting Adams through the week as a precautionary measure as well. I have no idea the severity, but "not practicing until Saturday" does not scare me. He may be hobbled, which does scare me.

I have no idea what Allison's injury is (they haven't said it yet), but I do also think that if he had any sort of ding, they'll keep him out as a precautionary measure as well.
crkone
RealGM

Post#212 » by crkone » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Read on Twitter

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#213 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Nobody wanted to listen, Adams coming back in doesn't assure he plays again this week. How many times have you sprained something and been fine while playing a sport, then woke up the next day to see it was all thanks to adrenaline.

Geronimo also was added to the injury report and didn't practice today.

My take: I agree with your "the next day" idea as we've heard all the time and maybe experienced ourselves. That said, I think they are sitting Adams through the week as a precautionary measure as well. I have no idea the severity, but "not practicing until Saturday" does not scare me. He may be hobbled, which does scare me.

I have no idea what Allison's injury is (they haven't said it yet), but I do also think that if he had any sort of ding, they'll keep him out as a precautionary measure as well.

And this is going to be the team's 19th game of the season. Just about all of the regular starters/key players could use a little rest. I don't think this week's injury report is the same kind of injury report you see in week 6.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,999

Post#214 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:57 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude's been basically begging to join the Packers for a month now.

If he's got anything left, bring him in, but my guess is that they won't.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#215 » by GBPackers47 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:59 pm

To me, Randall continues to be not only the weakest part of this defense, but the team as a whole. McGinn doesn't even sugarcoat it:

"Damarious Randall was awful" (although the "was" should be an "is")

There's a lot of things (both positive and negative) that happen on a football field that the viewer doesn't always see live (which makes a breakdown like McGinn's a good read). Randall on the other hand is a guy you don't even need to read a detailed report on or look back at the tape. You can see the mistakes pile up live as the game goes on. The only thing he does consistently is throw is hands up in the air after giving up a big play. Hell, even when he makes a good play, he still leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth. For example, his INT against NY in the Wild Cart at the end of the game. We were up 38-13 at that point, with 2 and a half minutes left. I don't remember what NY's timeout situation was like at that point, but even if they had all 3, there was absolutely no way they were going to score 3 TDs (and 3 successful 2 point conversions on top of that) to tie the game with so little time left. When you pick the ball off in the back corner of the end zone in that situation, you take a knee. There will be some people that don't have a problem with him doing that, and him doing so wasn't costly by any means, but to me, it looked like an immature kid trying to make up for all the terrible play he's provided leading up to that moment. "Hey I know I've given up so many big plays, but remember when I put the dagger in NY with my INT for a TD???" Hell, he couldn't even score the touchdown without having a mistake of tripping over his own damn feet.

His first round status and our plague of injuries in the secondary is the only reason this guy isn't in street clothes on game day. He has talent and potential, but he needs to learn to be a professional football player and be a contributor to a team that desperately needs him to step up (injured or not). He made some nice plays last year and showed enough potential with Rollins to make Casey Hayward expendable, but man has he faded fast (doesn't help that Hayward is on his way to the Pro Bowl, but I won't fault Ted on that one). I'm hoping he's just having a "Davante-esque" sophomore season, but two things need to happen whether we win the Super Bowl or not.

1. Randall needs to have the biggest offseason of his life

and

2. Green Bay needs to bring in a ton of competition (and not just UDFAs) in the secondary to light a fire under this guy's a**. Either he figures it out or he doesn't. If he doesn't, good riddance.
crkone
RealGM

Post#216 » by crkone » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Randall has been injured all season with Misc injuries. I think he just needs a good offseason of film study and some refinement.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#217 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Even is adams plays im worried how good hell be on a bum ankle. That really killed him last year. Hes a guy who uses explosive cuts to get open.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#218 » by zmanishere11 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 am

on Randall - don't forget dude got caught with weed in his car in the off-season along with Jaelon Strong (who I think took the blame).
jlyons043
Junior
And1: 137

Post#219 » by jlyons043 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:22 am

It's all on the offense to keep us in this game but the defense is going to have to play the game of their lives if we want to win this one.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#220 » by bizarro » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:37 am

jlyons043 wrote:It's all on the offense to keep us in this game but the defense is going to have to play the game of their lives if we want to win this one.

I honestly think it's more like: the offense can not skip a beat. The defense needs one or two stops.

Return to Green Bay Packers