ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#761 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:46 am

Knickfan1982 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So here's my realistically ideal Jay Bruce trade:

Bruce to the Orioles for relief pitcher Brad Brach. Mets pick up a portion of Bruce's salary.

I just don't see it.

From what angle?
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,157

Post#762 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 2:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So here's my realistically ideal Jay Bruce trade:

Bruce to the Orioles for relief pitcher Brad Brach. Mets pick up a portion of Bruce's salary.

I just don't see it.

From what angle?

The Orioles. I think they can get a comparable bat in the outfield without having to sacrifice a top reliever. And the way bullpen use is trending Brach is more valuable than a streaky outfielder with mediocre defense.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#763 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:33 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

I just don't see it.

From what angle?

The Orioles. I think they can get a comparable bat in the outfield without having to sacrifice a top reliever. And the way bullpen use is trending Brach is more valuable than a streaky outfielder with mediocre defense.

The Orioles need OF help pretty badly. Say what you will about Bruce (I sure have! lol), he's still been a pretty consistent 30/90 guy and Camden Yards is a hitter friendly ball park and Baltimore is much closer to Cincinnati than it is NYC.

Wishful thinking.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,176

Post#764 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
From what angle?

The Orioles need OF help pretty badly. Say what you will about Bruce (I sure have! lol), he's still been a pretty consistent 30/90 guy and Camden Yards is a hitter friendly ball park and Baltimore is much closer to Cincinnati than it is NYC.

Wishful thinking.

In a normal year, Bruce (25-30 homers, lefty bat) would be worth a solid relief pitcher/set up guy. Brach was an allstar last year, 4.6 war over the last 2 seasons (Familia had 4.7), so he's a nice get. 2 years remaining to Bruce's 1.

The problem is, MLB has gone relief pitcher crazy and guys like Brach's stock is up. Bruce (bad fielder to go with everything else), stock is down on corner OFs right now.

Maybe the O's do it if we pay 10 of Bruce's 13 and throw in a guy like Robles - (maybe). I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'll be surprised if it does.
Go NY Go NY Go
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#765 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

Wishful thinking.

In a normal year, Bruce (25-30 homers, lefty bat) would be worth a solid relief pitcher/set up guy. Brach was an allstar last year, 4.6 war over the last 2 seasons (Familia had 4.7), so he's a nice get. 2 years remaining to Bruce's 1.

The problem is, MLB has gone relief pitcher crazy and guys like Brach's stock is up. Bruce (bad fielder to go with everything else), stock is down on corner OFs right now.

Maybe the O's do it if we pay 10 of Bruce's 13 and throw in a guy like Robles - (maybe). I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'll be surprised if it does.

Hey LTK! Glad to know you're also a Mets' fan.

How's things on the political forum? Miss me? LOL
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#766 » by reub » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Wishful thinking.

What political forum?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#767 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 pm

ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

What political forum?

He means current affairs.

What happened, HW, were you kicked off CA? or leave on your own? CA is the same, little slow, but lots of talk on Trump. Cop threads don't get too much mileage there but there's one, rather uninteresting on BLM.
Go NY Go NY Go
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#768 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What political forum?

What happened, HW, were you kicked off CA? or leave on your own? CA is the same, little slow, but lots of talk on Trump. Cop threads don't get too much mileage there but there's one, rather uninteresting on BLM.

Yeah, tsherkin or whatever his username is, banned me from the entire site but the mods on the Knicks forum came through and negotiated a "modified" return. So now I"m not permitted on the CA forum. He and I had a little private disagreement via PM and I thought he was being very unreasonable and let him know it. Unfortunately, I didn't put my best foot forward, shall we say. But I'm very happy to be back home with my homies here sharing in the misery of yet another lost season.

Hope you're fighting the good fight over there, like you always have.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#769 » by reub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:
What political forum?

Yeah, tsherkin or whatever his username is, banned me from the entire site but the mods on the Knicks forum came through and negotiated a "modified" return. So now I"m not permitted on the CA forum. He and I had a little private disagreement via PM and I thought he was being very unreasonable and let him know it. Unfortunately, I didn't put my best foot forward, shall we say. But I'm very happy to be back home with my homies here sharing in the misery of yet another lost season.

I've been banned from better places than that.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#770 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:27 am

ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

They're pretty strict. I got 2 warnings there, for small stuff. I was able to get 1 of those recinded cause it was a bit of a silly thing to get a warming about. (There was an Ann Coulter thread and I said "Personally I hate the bitch") - and yup - that got me a warming.

My 2nd warming was from a virgin mod who applied the rules far too rigorously. I think I said something like "That's stupid" - and he said it met the insult criteria.

But CA can be an OK place for the occasional heated debate and a few of the posts and posters can, from time to time, be very good. There's some smart people there, but you definitely have to be careful what you say - even if you see other people say it, they might have been there longer and get some lee-way. Post carefully, but it can be a fun place to visit.
Go NY Go NY Go
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#771 » by reub » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

They're pretty strict. I got 2 warnings there, for small stuff. I was able to get 1 of those recinded cause it was a bit of a silly thing to get a warming about. (There was an Ann Coulter thread and I said "Personally I hate the bitch") - and yup - that got me a warming.

My 2nd warming was from a virgin mod who applied the rules far too rigorously. I think I said something like "That's stupid" - and he said it met the insult criteria.

But CA can be an OK place for the occasional heated debate and a few of the posts and posters can, from time to time, be very good. There's some smart people there, but you definitely have to be careful what you say - even if you see other people say it, they might have been there longer and get some lee-way. Post carefully, but it can be a fun place to visit.

What's the website again?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#772 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:23 am

ClydeRules wrote:

This website, RealGM.com Current Affairs board under off-topic. Just, watch what you post. Insulting a politician (like calling Trump "Dump"), nearly got me a warning, or maybe it did. I'm not sure. It got reported. You can't insult posters and mostly can't insult parties either, so you have to debate carefully.
Go NY Go NY Go
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#773 » by reub » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:

This website, RealGM.com Current Affairs board under off-topic. Just, watch what you post. Insulting a politician (like calling Trump "Dump"), nearly got me a warning, or maybe it did. I'm not sure. It got reported. You can't insult posters and mostly can't insult parties either, so you have to debate carefully.

Okay, thanks. I'll probably last about a day there but I might try it.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#774 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:57 am

Looks like Jay Bruce is our starting right fielder. I guess Forto starts back at AAA. Bruce is in a contract year, so who knows. Sometimes the best trades at the ones you don't make.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#775 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Looks like Jay Bruce is our starting right fielder. I guess Forto starts back at AAA. Bruce is in a contract year, so who knows. Sometimes the best trades at the ones you don't make.

On paper if he gets back to a normal Bruce year and Duda comes back to 2015 form the lineup is surely formidable with some serious power. However we're the Mets so... I still think Reyes needs to start and where he'd start is a big question mark, if he's on the bench than we're officially the slowest team in baseball.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#776 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Looks like Jay Bruce is our starting right fielder. I guess Forto starts back at AAA. Bruce is in a contract year, so who knows. Sometimes the best trades at the ones you don't make.

On paper if he gets back to a normal Bruce year and Duda comes back to 2015 form the lineup is surely formidable with some serious power. However we're the Mets so... I still think Reyes needs to start and where he'd start is a big question mark, if he's on the bench than we're officially the slowest team in baseball.

I think Jose will end up being the third baseman most of the year since I personally think Wright is done. The team is trying to be respectful to David, but that'll only go so far if he can't produce on the field.

The more I ponder the Bruce move, the more I think that it's to show that we're not "desperate" which is what it was beginning to look like. So we took him off the market until the market changes, which it will. But, who knows, maybe Bruce will put up 30/100/.270. Some of the best trades sometimes are the ones you never make. On the flip side, however, this is not good for Conforto who needs to play everyday ... and that's just to see what we have with him.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#777 » by blueNorange » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:33 pm

so im coming home, you heard the news of amed rosario being named the 3rd best prospect in all of baseball?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#778 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:26 am

blueNorange wrote:so im coming home, you heard the news of amed rosario being named the 3rd best prospect in all of baseball?

I didn't. Third best in all over baseball? Nice. So maybe we see him in September and he competes for the SS job in 2018?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#779 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:42 am

blueNorange wrote:so im coming home, you heard the news of amed rosario being named the 3rd best prospect in all of baseball?

5th best, but that would be nitpicking.

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/214452340/mets-rosario-smith-among-top-100-prospects/
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#780 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:38 am

I think we need to keep Forto away from our hitting coach. Helps guys like Murphy and Granderson, but not good with the kids.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.

Return to New York Knicks