Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Top QB options 

Post#21 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 am

fleet wrote:
Mitch Trubisky- I've only seen highlight tapes of him so I can't have a definitive opinion on him but for the first time I was unimpressed by a QB highlight tape

I like him. From the tapes it looks like he can make any throw from the pocket and he can escape and throw on the run accurately. He has quick feet and can really run with the ball. If he is there with a top 3 grade, I cant see the Bears passing him up if they don't trade for Garapolo.

Seems like he has a lot of Cutler tendencies to me. I would prefer they pass on him, but if they do take him they better really do their homework.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#22 » by patryk7754 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:32 am

He's been getting a lot of buzz lately but like all the other QBs, there's not that stands out about him.
From the video above and some other highlight tapes these are what I think his strength and weaknesses are

Strengths

Mobility
Short pass accuracy

Weaknesses
Long and medium pass accuracy
Arm strength
Release ( reminds me of tebow's after he "fixed" it)
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#23 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Davis Webb is the only QB I like at all in this draft and he's a developmental player

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Mahomes looked horrible. I couldn't make it to half time. I'd take him very late or undrafted. There is a little bit of potential there but it's going to take a lot of work.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#25 » by patryk7754 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:08 pm

City of Trees wrote:Mahomes looked horrible. I couldn't make it to half time. I'd take him very late or undrafted. There is a little bit of potential there but it's going to take a lot of work.

The fact that's he's getting first round talk shows how bad this draft is.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Top QB options 

Post#26 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:48 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Mahomes looked horrible. I couldn't make it to half time. I'd take him very late or undrafted. There is a little bit of potential there but it's going to take a lot of work.

The fact that's he's getting first round talk shows how bad this draft is.

First round talk? Wow.

As a late round QB I like David Webb from Cal. Most of his mistakes are correctable, he has good arm strength (not great), and he can throw the deep/intermediate throws.

In regards to his arm strength, I see passes where that thing is flying, and other times he throws a soft ball. I don't know if it's a physical limitation or mental. Could be inconsistent mechanics.

CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#27 » by CjayC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Disagree with that assessment. Mahomes has a cannon for an arm to be able to throw on the run like he does. We're used to seeing Jay Cutler who has an all-universe kind of arm strength, and makes everyone's arm look weak by comparison, but Mahomes by no means has a weak arm. He can be also be very accurate at every level from the tape I saw; watch the Baylor game. Throws at 1:30, 2:00, 3:43, 4:18, 8:35, 10:35. Arm talent for daysssss. That's like his #1 redeeming quality because he really has to work on a lot as a QB with his mechanics and away from that Texas Tech Air Raid system. I do like accuracy better than Watson, and Kizer. Just has to work on fixing those mechanics big time. There's also the problem of that offensive system, but I really like the traits if you can get him in the 2nd round and have him sit 1 whole year.

patryk7754
General Manager

Post#28 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

There are reports that Rivers isn't interested in moving to LA. Also says that the 49ers are interested. What I read didn't seem too concrete but thought I should mention it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:09 am

Rivers is what 33 or 34 years old? There are worse options to have while grooming your new quarterback. I wouldn't give up a 3rd for him tho. 4th is ok. Hell, why not Cutler for Rivers?

BullseyeBond
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#30 » by BullseyeBond » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Good morning guys, first time poster, what about the Bears, picking up Mike Glennon, backup quarterback from Tampa Bay. I think he is a free agent this year. If so, he could be signed for a cheap price and brought in to compete.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#31 » by Axxo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 pm

If Watson drops to late first round, would it make sense for the Bears trade up into that round to get him?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#32 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 am

Axxo wrote:If Watson drops to late first round, would it make sense for the Bears trade up into that round to get him?

Of course. The Bears have two 4th round picks. Id gladly sacrifice one of them to move up for a QB.

However I'd look at how the draft is unfolding. Rumors are already starting and some say Trubisky may fall out of the 1st round. If QB's fall maybe you stay put?

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Top QB options 

Post#33 » by Axxo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:55 am

City of Trees wrote:
Axxo wrote:If Watson drops to late first round, would it make sense for the Bears trade up into that round to get him?

Of course. The Bears have two 4th round picks. Id gladly sacrifice one of them to move up for a QB.

However I'd look at how the draft is unfolding. Rumors are already starting and some say Trubisky may fall out of the 1st round. If QB's fall maybe you stay put?

I would, if the Bears could grab any of those 3 QBs (Kizer, Watson or Tribusky) at the 2nd round position that to me is a justifiable risk. I just wouldn't take any at #3.

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:45 am

One of those guys will go #2. Kyle Shanahan is the new head coach and he needs a qb

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:56 am

BullseyeBond wrote:Good morning guys, first time poster, what about the Bears, picking up Mike Glennon, backup quarterback from Tampa Bay. I think he is a free agent this year. If so, he could be signed for a cheap price and brought in to compete.

I don't really see the point of signing Glennon. He may or may not be better than Hoyer. And if he's an upgrade, it's a very small upgrade.

If we cut Cutler, we have a serviceable group of quarterbacks. I think the only reason you add someone is because you get a veteran or rookie that you think will he your franchise QB.

I don't really see a franchise qb in the draft. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

The only veterans who might be are Cousins and Garoppolo.

If you can't get your franchise quarterback that you 100% believe in, then you set yourself up to draft one next year, when there will be plenty of really good options.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#36 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:19 am

CjayC wrote:Disagree with that assessment. Mahomes has a cannon for an arm to be able to throw on the run like he does. We're used to seeing Jay Cutler who has an all-universe kind of arm strength, and makes everyone's arm look weak by comparison, but Mahomes by no means has a weak arm. He can be also be very accurate at every level from the tape I saw; watch the Baylor game. Throws at 1:30, 2:00, 3:43, 4:18, 8:35, 10:35. Arm talent for daysssss. That's like his #1 redeeming quality because he really has to work on a lot as a QB with his mechanics and away from that Texas Tech Air Raid system. I do like accuracy better than Watson, and Kizer. Just has to work on fixing those mechanics big time. There's also the problem of that offensive system, but I really like the traits if you can get him in the 2nd round and have him sit 1 whole year.

To clarify, my last post was about David Webb's arm strength, not Mahomes.

So I've read up on Mahomes and I like him as a prospect, maybe the most out of all QB's in the draft. Sad part is it looks like he's shooting up draft boards and at the moment is a lock to go top 20. I'm sure he will kill it at the combine with his arm strength, accuracy, and athleticism so I dont anticipate his stock falling out of the 1st. Plus, there are close to 10 teams who have a need to start grooming their next qb.

So, Chicago, "if" Mahomes is your guy, DO you trade back 4 spots or so to draft him?

patryk7754
General Manager

Post#37 » by patryk7754 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:56 pm

When i mentioned Mahomes arm strength I was referring to the zip he puts on the ball. It takes too long for the ball to get to where it's going.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#38 » by patryk7754 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 pm

I think we can take Cousins off our options list. I just remembered that Shanahan was his OC before so I would guess Cousins goes to the 49ers. That or Denver
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#39 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:07 pm

patryk7754 wrote:When i mentioned Mahomes arm strength I was referring to the zip he puts on the ball. It takes too long for the ball to get to where it's going.

Mahomes can sling it. I dont see how you can knock his arm?

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#40 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:40 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I think we can take Cousins off our options list. I just remembered that Shanahan was his OC before so I would guess Cousins goes to the 49ers. That or Denver

That would mean no qb's go 1-2. Ouch.

Cleveland would be smart to draft Garrett #1, QB #12

Return to Chicago Bears