ImageImage

PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#241 » by crkone » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Clay's playing with an injury that he'll probably need surgery for. I'm surprised he's actually still playing to be honest. I don't have much hope he can provide the help we need but :dontknow:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#242 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:27 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Rappaport says that they expect Adams and Allison to play. Again, they're just being cautious with practice.

Playing and being able to cut and accelerate normally can be different stories, especially if Adams had to play with a ginger ankle. Anyone who has ever played sports with a sore ankle knows how that can hurt.

With Jordy likely out and our defense likely to give up 24-35 points, Adams playing with a sore ankle which impacted his performance would be tough on the Packers offense to keep up.

For whatever it's worth, ProFootballDoc said he thinks Adams should be pretty good to go and Adams himself said he was not going to be "last year" Adams. We'll see what happens on the field, though.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#243 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:37 pm

There's a lot of smoke blowing about injuries. I do think Adams will play but have no idea how effective he'll be. I think Burnett will be out. Jordy out. Clay is still hurting (surgery scheduled after the season) but he's still capable of making a big play and we really need that. Peppers too, go out in a blaze of glory if this is your final year.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#244 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 pm

One would assume the pack feel pretty good about the injured wrs playing otherwise they would have added a guy or two to the 53 man roster.

Speaking of that why are starks and tretter still on the 53? Tretter just had knee surgery so i assume hes done and starks hasn't practiced in a month and looked done even before the concussion.

Tretter is going to be a really hard free agent to judge. When hes actually played he looks like an above average starting center but the dude simply cant stay healthy. I really wonder what other teams will be willing to pay him. Might be best for everyone if he signs a 1 year deal with the pack at premium backup money and tries free agency again in 2018.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,159

Post#245 » by raysbookclub » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:18 pm

There isn't much reason to add someone from the practice squad onto the 53 if they don't think the player will be on the gameday 46. And it's at least a possibility that Starks and Tretter could be cleared for the SB.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#246 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Felt pretty decent going into the Dallas game, but i don't this week.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#247 » by James1980 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 pm

I think we win a shootout, Go Pack Go!
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#248 » by El Duderino » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 pm

rilamann wrote:I don't want to jinx it but I think our defense has actually become a bit underrated of late.I don't think they can stop Atlanta obviously but call me crazy if you want,I think they can slow them down a bit.

We held the Giants to 13pts,then on the road held Dallas to 13pts thru 3 quarters even without Morgan Burnett.If Rodgers leads Adams to the end zone on that throw that got picked that's an easy TD and 35-13 lead and we probably win Sunday by a score of something like 42-20.It would be interesting how differently everyone would be looking at this Packers Falcon match up if the final score of our game last was more lopsided which it would have been if it wasn't for that one single play where Rodgers threw the pick.

Where the defense still scares the hell out out of me is down the stretch is if the game is close.Like I just mentioned,they held Dallas to 13pts thru 3 quarters,but then gave up 18pts in the 4th quarter.So the whole late game choking thing is still very real,but overall I don't think they're as bad as people are acting.Getting Burnett back this Sunday would be huge though and hopefully Hyde can continue his Nick Collins impersonation.Hyde as been solid as hell the past few weeks,never thought I would ever be able to say that lol.

The Giants offense stunk all season long and if not for multiple drops by them early on, they easily could have had TD's on their first two drives.

Dallas on offense hurt themselves early in that game with penalties which stalled two drives, especially that one where they had an extra guy in the huddle. They were driving inside our 35 and because of that penalty it was 2nd and 25. Prescott also had some early game jitters.

Atlanta is a different beast on offense. They have a vast array of weapons and lead the league in scoring. Their receiving core and backs vs our bad secondary and coverage linebackers is a terrible mismatch talent wise. If our main pass rushers don't get pressure on Ryan without Capers having to blitz, it likely going to be ugly.

As for Hyde, he has long gotten to much flack by many Packer fans. If we waived him, most teams would claim the guy because while he isn't really good at anything, he's solid at most things, can play both safety/corner, and can return punts. Versatile players like that have value in a sport with so many injuries.
bcl20
Starter
And1: 166

Post#249 » by bcl20 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:50 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Felt pretty decent going into the Dallas game, but i don't this week.

Yeah, I'm just not seeing us not getting torched
Go Packers, Go Bulls, Go Cubs, Go Hawkeyes, Go Blackhawks
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,201

Post#250 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:58 pm

The flu is going through the locker room now, as if having half the team injured wasn't enough to deal with.
Misery loves company
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#251 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:The flu is going through the locker room now, as if having half the team injured wasn't enough to deal with.

If its anything like the flu that got me around Christmas the pack are ****. That **** was brutal.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#252 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Barnwell ranks McCarthy last among the remaining coaches when it comes to clutch decision making:
McCarthy has struggled with game management in key situations during previous playoffs. As I wrote about on Sunday, McCarthy has shown little aptitude for handling his team's fourth-quarter decisions, particularly as an underdog.

Against the Seahawks two years ago, McCarthy kicked twice on fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line in the first quarter, then clung to a bizarre emphasis on the number of carries his team should have in the second half in an attempt to hold on to the lead. Then, last season in the divisional round of the playoffs, he followed Aaron Rodgers' miraculous Hail Mary on the road in Arizona by kicking the extra point to go into overtime in lieu of attacking a stunned Cardinals defense for a game-winning two-point conversion try. His team never touched the ball again.

You might argue that McCarthy was unlucky to lose the coin toss and have his defense give up a season-ending touchdown within three plays from scrimmage after his decision to kick the extra point, that it was the worst possible outcome for his decision. That's fair. It's also fair to say he got the best possible outcome for making the same sort of bizarrely conservative mistake again last Sunday against the Cowboys.

Again, playing as an underdog on the road, McCarthy's team took an early lead before beginning to scuffle in the second half. The Packers failed to score on two consecutive drives, which was enough to let Dallas back into the game for what turned into a 28-28 tie with 4:12 left. A pass-interference penalty set up the Packers on the Cowboys' 35-yard line with 1:52 to go. The Cowboys had all three of their timeouts, but with Rodgers at the helm, the Packers could move further into field goal range, burn off significant clock or force Dallas to use their timeouts.

Somehow, they ended up with the worst of all three worlds. Instead of trusting their MVP-caliber quarterback to make plays and keep the ball in bounds, the Packers turned their offense over to Ty Montgomery, who ran the ball twice for a combined loss of 3 yards. Faced with third-and-long, Rodgers ended up throwing a deep incomplete pass on a play where there was no outlet for a short gain to make Mason Crosby's field goal any easier, with three of the four receivers running 15-plus yards downfield.

Crosby was left with a 56-yard field goal, having gone just 28-of-54 from 50-plus yards during his career. Was the kick in Crosby's range? Yes, in the way that a 30-footer might still be considered to be in Klay Thompson's range, even if he's far less likely to make that shot than he would a 23-footer. Coaches often treat "field goal range" like a binary proposition, feeling safe once they get to a certain yard line, even though all kickers improve dramatically as you get closer to the end zone. The Packers did burn two Dallas timeouts, but they lost 3 yards while leaving 1:38 and one timeout on the clock for the Cowboys. They were in worse shape than they had been on first down.

As much as McCarthy makes mistakes, it's more the way he runs through those decisions that is troubling. It's one thing for McCarthy to throw out the challenge flag at the wrong time, as he did in 2012. It's another to say after the game that he wanted to hit a particular number of carries from his running game in the second half, which is a logical fallacy. McCarthy surely has his merits as an offensive mind and has done a great job of developing Rodgers, but his in-game decision-making already has cost the Packers dearly in the playoffs in the past and nearly came back to haunt them last weekend.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18514479/clutch-coaching-rankings-bill-barnwell-stacks-final-four-nfl-2016-playoffs
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up  

Post#253 » by thomchatt3rton » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:39 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:The flu is going through the locker room now, as if having half the team injured wasn't enough to deal with.

If its anything like the flu that got me around Christmas the pack are ****. That **** was brutal.

Same here. Christmas day to new years day I was either in bed or just barely functional.

Thats the last thing we need.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#254 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:58 pm

Same here. Never threw up but had really bad muscle soreness and chills.
bcl20
Starter
And1: 166

Post#255 » by bcl20 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 pm

I hope the team is okay to go and I really hope the flu isn't going around where I'm at. I had a nasty cold at Christmas that turned into either nasty bronchitis or walking pneumonia that I'm finally just about over. I don't want the flu now
Go Packers, Go Bulls, Go Cubs, Go Hawkeyes, Go Blackhawks
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#256 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:30 am

Rodgers now with flu. Nothing going our way. That's why I think we win this one.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,589

Post#257 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:52 am

Just recently got the flu. Hit like a hurricane in like a 6 hour span - went from feeling perfect fine to curled up in the fetal position on the couch.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#258 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:03 am

Mags FTW wrote:Same here. Never threw up but had really bad muscle soreness and chills.

The muscle ache from this flu was crazy. Felt like id been in a car accident. Also had a 103 fever. This bug is no joke and not like any id had before.

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#259 » by humanrefutation » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:33 am

I got a similar bug a couple weeks ago as it went around our office. It knocked me on my ass for a couple days - exhaustion, chills, sore throat, runny nose - but then I felt much better.

Either Rodgers is on the tail end of it, or he's just coming down with it. But even if he caught it today, I think he could still be back in a couple days with rest and fluids.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#260 » by ibanezjp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Anybody know what time practice is today. Should give us a better idea whose gonna play tomorrow.

Return to Green Bay Packers