Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:46 am

Mass Dispatch 48.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch...................

It is a new day and a new policy for our General NBA Board. Things are going to get a lot more loose and everyone with a strike or Read-Only Access will have a chance to have that taken off of their record.

Then, I announce the fate of the other 6 applicants who applied for "Clean Slate" and they learn their fates publicly at the time as everyone else. I did not go easy on everyone.

This is followed by a "Beat The Commish" update.

We then go inside my office with some interesting Moderator vacancies and some things to come on two RealGM Forums.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.....................

The New General NBA Board Policy

Today is a new day on our General NBA Board.

For a little over the past 4 years, The General NBA Board has had a very strict policy in place.
At the time, we needed a policy that got the General NBA Board under control and it was successfully.

However, this policy went on too long and it also got too strict.

Today, this changes with some MAJOR revisions.

The first is a NEW Strike System.

Effective Immediately, here is the NEW General NBA Board Strike System

First Infraction: Strike 1

Second Infraction: Strike 2

Third Infraction: Strike 3 and 7 days of Read-Only Access Status. After the 7th day, the User simply needs to PM Howard Mass and ask to be reinstated. It will then be done.

Fourth Infraction: Read-Only Access Status that cannot be appealed for 60 days.

5th Infraction: Read-Only Access Status that cannot be appealed for at least 6 months. The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee will determine when their first appeal date would be.

- The 12 hour suspension will no longer be a part of strikes unless a User has their third infraction or higher or a Moderator determines it is absolutely necessary.

- Minor Violations like GIFS, memes, IBTL, Evading the language filter and post-padding will also be dealt with differently.
Users will only get warnings for these if they are habitchual offenders on the above and The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee deems their conduct a problem.

-In order for a User to qualify as a habitchual offender, a Moderator would have to submit the request and have it approved by The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee.

-If this happens, the User will receive a PM from a Moderator to tone it down a bit before any warning is sent.

Also.............

Player Comparisons threads will be done differently.

"There has been confusion over the which threads should be posted on the PC board as opposed to the GB, leading to some threads being locked. For clarification, the PC board typically discusses player vs player this season, any season, two players of different eras, ranking of all time players, or comparing two teams from different eras, so these types of topics belong there. Anything comparing multiple players or teams of the current season, etc, are more appropriate for the General board, such as the MVP watch thread, and Rookie Watch thread."

Other things that will change

- Moderators will not be policing threads where they having a friendly argument with a User as it can be a conflict of interest.

- The amount of threads locked will be greatly reduced.

It is possible some other minor revisions could come at a later date.

I am sure a lot of you are happy but some of you are going to be even happier about this one.

In addition to having a new policy, from now until March 1, any RealGM User with a General NBA Board Strike, two strikes, Read-Only Access or even a full General NBA Board ban may request a...............

General NBA Board Account Review

Any User with one strike, two strikes, read-only access or a full General NBA Board Ban can simply send me a PM and request that their account be reviewed.

They may write whatever they want in the PM or they can choose to write nothing. It's their choice although I would recommend writing something.

The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee which is made up by multiple members of the 12 members of the Moderator Team on the General NBA Board will then review the account.

It's possible that they will vote to...........

- Remove a strike from your record.

- Remove multiple strikes from your record.

- Lift your Read-Only access or General NBA Board Ban.

- Give you a "Clean Slate" on our General NBA Board.

It is a new day on our General NBA Board.

Six Users Learn Their Fate

10 Users recently applied for the "Clean Slate" contest.

The contest was of course won by Clyde Frazier but three other applicants got "Clean Slates" as well with goodboy getting one via a Moderator vote. The4thHorseman and Little Nathan only had General NBA Board Strikes and The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee voted to remove their GB Strikes and Read-Only Access giving them a "Clean Slate" as well as they had no warnings elsewhere.

I did say that all Users who applied had a chance to win something. Last week, The RealGM Moderator Team discussed what each User should receive and yes, at least one of these Users has been awarded a "Clean Slate" on RealGM.

It is time for the other 6 Users who applied for "Clean Slate" to learn their fates and it's going to happen publicly.

Bill Pidto, Froob, GopherIt!, Knicksfan20, MotorKeepsGoing and The Regime

We wil start with..............

MotorKeepsGoing

You originally applied one year ago before this contest had to be delayed.

Previously, you have been known as Biz Gilwalker until your name change a few years back.

Your account had 3 violations and two strikes for General NBA Board Read-Only Access.

Moderators pretty much had their minds made up about you.

Spoiler:
The Moderators who participated in your "Clean Slate" Vote UNANIMOUSLY voted to give you a "Clean Slate".
They also had many great things to say about you and I congratulate you on having no warnings and your posting access restored on our General NBA Board.

Next up..........

The Regime

You also applied the previous year and waited patiently for this opportunity.

Recently, you had your General NBA Board Read-Only Access overturned after multiple appeals (You see it happens folks).

Over the years, I have watched you emerge from some of the miscreants on our General Off-Topic Board like Users who names rhyme with "Rupp" and "Dotty Pingers" to become a respectable User on RealGM.

You are definitely example to them.

Here is what the Moderators voted to award you.....

Spoiler:
A "Clean Slate". It was also UNANIMOUS. Congratulations!

We now have.....

Knicksfan20

You had some warnings some years but you also had a strong advocate in Knickstape1214 along with some other Knicks Moderators
Your vote was close and........

Spoiler:
All of your warnings and your three-day suspension are gone from your record as you now have a "Clean Slate" on RealGM. I allowed Knickstape to tell you the news early so you already know.

Congratulations!

On to.....

Froob

Froob was actually very popular amongst the Moderator during the competition vote which Clyde Frazier one.

The User has some warnings and General NBA Board Read-Only Access although their comment file also has many compliments from Moderators.

Here is your fate

Spoiler:
All but one Moderator voted to give you a "Clean Slate" and now you have one. Congratulations!

Moving on to....

Bill Pidto

This is not the sportscaster, just a User.

Probably had the most checkered record of the applications with multiple warnings and Read-Only access on our General NBA Board.
BP might have had the best appeal as he was honest and really opened up. It definitely got him some point and
Your fate.........

Spoiler:
You did get enough of a vote for a "Clean Slate" and I will give it to you for your non-GB warnings but I would like to submit another appeal to our General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee before your Read-Only access status on he GB is lifted.
Please do so and congratulations.

Finally, we have the appeal that I thought was a joke.........

GopherIt!

When GopherIt! sent in their "Clean Slate" application, I was baffled.

Here it is.

Dearest Comrades,

"I am Dr. GopherIt! Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, AF Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space after a secret flight to the Salyut-6 space station in 1979. "

"After 14 years in space my late cousin accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to $15,000,000 USD. This is held in trust at the Sudanese Coalition Association of Monies. "

"To access this trust, the Nigerian Conduct Bureau requires a clean slate with local authorities at RealGM headquarters here in Namibia."

"Upon completion, I assure there will be many hugs and kisses from my mother. "

Hakuna matada!

Can you believe that?

Now, he only has General NBA Board Read-Only access and one other warning but what a joke of an appeal.

If they had a made a decent effort, I would have been ok with giving them a "Clean Slate".

However, that appeal did not work for me so here is your fate GopherIt!

Spoiler:
The Moderators actually liked it and looked more at your record so your joke appeal along with the good hearts of the RealGM Moderator team has voted to give you a "Clean Slate" on RealGM. Go Figure but Congratulations!

"Beat The Commish" Playoffs

Here is a "Beat The Commish" Playoffs Update from bwgood77.

"In our NFL Playoff Pick Against the Spread competition, only 3 people were able to correctly pick both championship games (Potty Fingers, Wo1verine, and hermes). The overall leaders going into the Super Bowl are Potty Fingers with 15, Wo1verine with 14 and hermes and laika each have 12. With the Super Bowl pick being worth 4 points, any of the above has a chance of winning it outright. Seven others are tied at 11, so there is a chance one or more of them could tie to win at 15. In the case of a tie, we will use total points in the Super Bowl as a tiebreaker."

And yes, The Commish continues to suck during the playoff round. It's been a bad year pick wise for me.

Inside The Administrator's Office

Lots is going on inside my office these days and I do not have much of a life. If I did have more time for myself, I would be out there in the streets with the rest of the protesters against the terrible tyrant who runs our country.

Anyway..........

The new General NBA Board Policy was just my first big project on the forums to start the year.

Myself and The General NBA Board Moderators went through things piece by piece and hammered out some great changes.

Changes are also on the way for our NBA Trades and Transactions Forum and our Current Affairs Forum in terms of policy. Expect to see those by the end of the All-Star Break. It's all about having the best experiences for our Users and Moderators.

Two Moderator vacancies were created today. One will be filled by the end of the month. The other one is effective at the end of the NBA season so it is unclear if that NBA team forum will want to find a new Moderator now or later.

On a personal note, one exciting thing in my life is I become an Uncle for a 4th time in May and will find out what it is on Friday. It's a good feeling and you need those when you work as much as I do.

It never stops for me behind the scenes or here on the RealGM Forums.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:51 am

Congrats to all the Clean Slate winners!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#3 » by Froob » Thu Feb 2, 2017 2:02 am

Thank you to everyone who made this possible

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#4 » by goodboy » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:27 am

Froob wrote:Image

Thank you to everyone who made this possible

Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#5 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:46 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#6 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:16 am

Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#7 » by magnumt » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:27 am

My Clean Slate homies be making a comeback!!!

:rockon:

So happy for ya'all!

Drinks are on Howard! :beer:

--Mags :D
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#8 » by bigmean » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:37 am

i want back in, one moderator target me and destroyed me, i have been on the board for 16 years
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#9 » by goodboy » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:41 am

free bigmean
Bright
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,050

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:48 am

I'm glad to see all the applicants get the clean slates. Some great applications and for GopherIt!, I have to say that application made me laugh. It would be great to see more sense of humor on the general board. We see enough arguments and hope they don't get out of hand, but some humor is always great.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#11 » by magnumt » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:49 am

bigmean wrote:i want back in, one moderator target me and destroyed me, i have been on the board for 16 years

You're not banned from the GB tho mate. ;)

Heck, you don't even HAVE any strikes or warnings on the GB! :lol:

--Mags

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#12 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:47 pm

Congrats to everyone who got the clean slate. Gopher, your appeal was one of the funniest things I've read on this site, period.

Yay for the new policy!

Again, as with the other times clean slates / periods in which infractions have been allowed to be appealed, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take advantage of this. We want you guys to be able to post freely on the GB. If you have a strike, pm Howard and appeal! If you think you have one, you can PM a mod and we'll let you know.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#13 » by Froob » Thu Feb 2, 2017 2:13 pm

Does it take time for these things to go through or should we already be able to post?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by magnumt » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:45 pm

Froob wrote:Does it take time for these things to go through or should we already be able to post?

You should be good to go. Log back out, and then login.

PM Howard if it still isn't working (that goes for all of you who goes clean slates).

--Mags

magnumt6
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#15 » by -Sammy- » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:59 pm

Congratulations to all the freed prisoners, and on behalf of all RealGMers, thanks to Howard and the team for all the hard work in revising GB policy for everyone's benefit; y'all's dedication is why RealGM is what it is!
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Post#16 » by KingDavid » Thu Feb 2, 2017 7:30 pm

I am very confused. I could have sworn I pm'd you, HM.

I even accidentally sent it to bwgood77 and then told him I sent it to you.

I checked my sent box and it's not there.

I think I'm going crazy.

Smh. I must have interneted wrong.

I'll send it again. Or for the first time. -_-
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#17 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 2, 2017 9:09 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:Congratulations to all the freed prisoners, and on behalf of all RealGMers, thanks to Howard and the team for all the hard work in revising GB policy for everyone's benefit; y'all's dedication is why RealGM is what it is!

-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#18 » by -Sammy- » Thu Feb 2, 2017 9:21 pm

IggieCC wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:Congratulations to all the freed prisoners, and on behalf of all RealGMers, thanks to Howard and the team for all the hard work in revising GB policy for everyone's benefit; y'all's dedication is why RealGM is what it is!

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#19 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 2, 2017 10:23 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

Return to Mass Dispatch