trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#241 » by trwi7 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:58 am

drew881 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Thank God I'm not a Falcons fan staring at the empty trophy case right now. Ugh. That has got to be awful. I thought the Seahawks game was bad, this is definitely worse. We still had a game to play. This is 30 minutes and 25 pts ahead from a superbowl ring.

The owner was on the field waiting to celebrate. People were probably popping champagne already. Oh man horrific.

Arthur Blank is always on the sidelines during games. Don't think it had anything to do with the score or impending victory.

No, he was in a suite during the game and came down later.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#242 » by drew881 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:59 am

ibanezjp wrote:Watching the highlights on NFL prime time. Seeing it again just emphasizes this really should not have happened. Has to be worst choke ever. Hate to say but after the Julio catch if they went McCarthy covserviative and run the ball 3 times then kick the field goal they win. A 7 step drop on 3 and 1 in field goal range is a fireable offense. Well they don't have to fire him because Shannahan is off to kill his career in San Fran. Falcons will be a mess next year. That Falcons franchise literally died tonight. They will never recover from this.

You should come visit the Bucks board. This type of depressing, off yourself nihilism is always welcome and you'll fit in nicely.
drew881
RealGM

Post#243 » by drew881 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:00 am

trwi7 wrote:
drew881 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Arthur Blank is always on the sidelines during games. Don't think it had anything to do with the score or impending victory.

Yeah, he always spends a bit of each game in both places. He's known for always being on the sidelines which is rare as an owner.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#244 » by trwi7 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:02 am

drew881 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
drew881 wrote:

Yeah, he always spends a bit of each game in both places. He's known for always being on the sidelines which is rare as an owner.

Yeah, I don't really get it. I've been in a crappy Bradley Center suite and I'd much rather be there than down on the field. I can only imagine how nice a suite is there. Of course he can be in a suite whenever he wants so it's probably not that big of a deal to him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#245 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:03 am

drew881 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Thank God I'm not a Falcons fan starinig at the empty trophy case right now. Ugh. That has got to be awful. I thought the Seahawks game was bad, this is definitely worse. We still had a game to play. This is 30 minutes and 25 pts ahead from a superbowl ring.

The owner was on the field waiting to celebrate. People were probably popping champagne already. Oh man horrific.

That's pretty cool. U see most owners in their box seats, I'd love to be an owner hanging out on the sidelines.
#FreeChuckDiesel
drew881
RealGM

Post#246 » by drew881 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:04 am

trwi7 wrote:
drew881 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Yeah, I don't really get it. I've been in a crappy Bradley Center suite and I'd much rather be there than down on the field. I can only imagine how nice a suite is there. Of course he can be in a suite whenever he wants so it's probably not that big of a deal to him.

He likes the be with the players, and this has been documented a ton. Whether or not it is the right approach can be debated, but all of these people freaking out that he is on the sidelines haven't seen many Falcons games over say the past ten years.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,220

Post#247 » by rilamann » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:05 am

HKPackFan wrote:How many missed opportunities did the Falcons have. Didn't they get nothing on a failed onside kick plus 5 yards?

This choke was deff more on Atlanta's offense than their defense.Atlanta's defense played incredible for about 50 minutes.They got 2 turnovers on their own side of the field,one being a pick 6.Grady Jarett tied Reggie White for most sacks in a Super Bowl with 3.For a defense that was ranked #25 this season they played a hell of a game today.

When Julio Jones made that crazy catch late in the 4th I thought the game was over.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#248 » by Wooderson » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:06 am

drew881 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:No way Rodgers takes a sack to knock them out of fg range. He would launch it into the 3rd row first.

Yup. This and the holding play killed it. Everyone is talking about the 52 second drill that started from their 10 (really bad luck), but if they get a FG there, the game is over.

Bad luck? They were playing for an onside kick or squib and didn't have a returner back. Inexplicable since it was a one score game with 6 minutes left.
drew881
RealGM

Post#249 » by drew881 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:08 am

Wooderson wrote:
drew881 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:No way Rodgers takes a sack to knock them out of fg range. He would launch it into the 3rd row first.

Yup. This and the holding play killed it. Everyone is talking about the 52 second drill that started from their 10 (really bad luck), but if they get a FG there, the game is over.

Bad luck? They were playing for an onside kick or squib and didn't have a returner back. Inexplicable since it was a one score game with 6 minutes left.

Were they? I didn't notice that. I thought that the ball was kind of heading toward the sideline but then bounced in and required it to be fielded.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#250 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:14 am

rilamann wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:How many missed opportunities did the Falcons have. Didn't they get nothing on a failed onside kick plus 5 yards?

This choke was deff more on Atlanta's offense than their defense.Atlanta's defense played incredible for about 50 minutes.They got 2 turnovers on their own side of the field,one being a pick 6.Grady Jarett tied Reggie White for most sacks in a Super Bowl with 3.For a defense that was ranked #25 this season they played a hell of a game today.

When Julio Jones made that crazy catch late in the 4th I thought the game was over.

Agreed. The front four punished Brady. The secondary made plays, the front seven snuffed out the running game. They did it all, while having the #1 offense on their side. Which fizzled in the 2nd half.

Matty not ice had lots of opportunities to put the game away and they did nothing while draining their own defense until it broke.

Two things I felt after this game:

#1 I'm ok the packers didn't make this superbowl because our defense is worse than Atlanta and I think we get abused even worse than what Brady dished out.

#2 I saw a clear difference between Ryan and Rodgers. Rodgers is superior.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#251 » by Wooderson » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:15 am

drew881 wrote:Were they? I didn't notice that. I thought that the ball was kind of heading toward the sideline but then bounced in and required it to be fielded.

They didn't have anyone back there. Hardy had to backtrack and I think he caught it at the 3. It was one of the weirder decisions I've seen and sort of went unnoticed since they had the big play to Freeman right after.
drew881
RealGM

Post#252 » by drew881 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:30 am

Whoever designed this ad should be repping bigger companies than Shields MRI... Damn

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/02/05/tom-brady-five-rings-shields-mri-commercial
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#253 » by sidney lanier » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:53 am

I sense an overtime rule change coming (again). Modified sudden death seems wrong for the SB. Both teams should have a chance to possess the ball. Just play an extra period like in the old days, even if it's not 15:00.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#254 » by El Duderino » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:55 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Wow that was a horrible series of playcalling in what has been a well called game for Atlanta. You're in fg range just run the goddamn ball.

They could have taken a knee three times there and they are likely Super Bowl champs.

I still can't believe they called a standard pass play there besides maybe a screen. A FG wins them a title, but a sack would keep NE in the game and even an incomplete pass saves NE a timeout. For all of the flack McCarthy gets, that is maybe the second worst play call ever behind Seattle not running the ball vs NE at the one yard line.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#255 » by rilamann » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:56 am

HKPackFan wrote:
rilamann wrote:Matty not ice had lots of opportunities to put the game away and they did nothing while draining their own defense until it broke.

#1 I'm ok the packers didn't make this superbowl because our defense is worse than Atlanta and I think we get abused even worse than what Brady dished out.

With 1 game for the championship on a neutral field I think you get that any given Sunday factor,but yeah,there's no way in hell we get anything close to the pass rush from our defense that Atlanta got today,and Atlanta still lost.I actually don't think the Patriots would have beaten us as bad as Atlanta beat us but I don't/didn't see us winning the Super Bowl against New England this season.

And Rodgers is considerably better than Ryan,Ryan is pretty damn good no doubt,probably one of the best system QBs in NFL history.But that's what he is IMO,a really good system QB.Also doesn't hurt to have Julio Jones to throw the ball to.

If Rodgers had someone like Julio Jones to throw the ball to we might still win the Super Bowl with our terrible defense lol.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#256 » by ibanezjp » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:59 am

HKPackFan wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Agreed. The front four punished Brady. The secondary made plays, the front seven snuffed out the running game. They did it all, while having the #1 offense on their side. Which fizzled in the 2nd half.

Matty not ice had lots of opportunities to put the game away and they did nothing while draining their own defense until it broke.

It's clear Rodgers is superior to EVERYONE, even Brady, in talent and physical tools and just overall package. Just again so frustrating we can't get a defense that it isn't averaging giving up 36 points a game in our playoffs losses with Rodgers.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#257 » by humanrefutation » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:59 am

I feel bad for Julio. That sideline catch was absolutely amazing. The Edelman catch was luck, Julio's was skill. And no one will remember it.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#258 » by El Duderino » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:06 am

rilamann wrote:

Shannahan was the biggest goat by far to me. Be conservative on their last drive and game should be over.

First and 10 up 8 and inside the NE 25 with under four minutes left. Run three times up the gut, force NE to burn their timeouts, kick a FG under 40 yards and win a ring barring a miracle. But no, Shannahan tries to be slick, calls a pass, Ryan is sacked and there goes the FG, giving NE hope. What an idiot.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#259 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:06 am

humanrefutation wrote:I feel bad for Julio. That sideline catch was absolutely amazing. The Edelman catch was luck, Julio's was skill. And no one will remember it.

Julio was putting on a show, felt bad for him. The offense failed in the spotlight and their Coordinator gets a promotion.
#FreeChuckDiesel
rilamann
RealGM

Post#260 » by rilamann » Mon Feb 6, 2017 6:07 am

El Duderino wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Wow that was a horrible series of playcalling in what has been a well called game for Atlanta. You're in fg range just run the goddamn ball.

They could have taken a knee three times there and they are likely Super Bowl champs.

I still can't believe they called a standard pass play there besides maybe a screen. A FG wins them a title, but a sack would keep NE in the game and even an incomplete pass saves NE a timeout. For all of the flack McCarthy gets, that is maybe the second worst play call ever behind Seattle not running the ball vs NE at the one yard line.

I was going to say the same thing,if the Falcons take 3 knees after the Jones catch they could have kicked about a 40 yard FG indoors to likely ice the game and a Super Bowl championship.At that point the Patriots would have needed to score and then recover an onside kick to have a chance.

I'll admit,for as much as I don't like Mike McCarthy,had the Falcons let Mike McCarthy take over the offensive play calling after the Julio Jones catch the Falcons probably win the Super Bowl.

:lol:

That said,if McCarthy takes over the offensive play calling to start that drive we probably don't get into FG range.

:lol:

To me one of the traits that makes a great game day coach a great game day coach is knowing when to be aggressive and knowing when to be conservative,there's a time for both.

Return to Green Bay Packers