Image Image Image Image

Trade Cutler?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#41 » by patryk7754 » Sun Oct 9, 2016 10:50 pm

I think the Dolphins might be another potential trade partner in the offseason. There's the obvious history between cutler and gase. More importantly, the worst starting QB title is being fought over by tannehill and gabbert (not including who ever will have to step in for the browns)
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#42 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:27 pm

This is looking like the last year. Fox and Pace don't want to be married to Cutler throughout their tenure like the past regimes. Offense is in total rebuild. Cutler will be cut or traded, Alshon will walk, cutting Royal would save $5 million...there just needs to be a complete overhaul.

Draft a QB, draft another WR, get some help on the line, and hope that Howard and Langford can be a good tandem.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Trade Cutler? 

Post#43 » by City of Trees » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:This is looking like the last year. Fox and Pace don't want to be married to Cutler throughout their tenure like the past regimes. Offense is in total rebuild. Cutler will be cut or traded, Alshon will walk, cutting Royal would save $5 million...there just needs to be a complete overhaul.

Draft a QB, draft another WR, get some help on the line, and hope that Howard and Langford can be a good tandem.

Man they better hope Jeffery doesn't walk. His departure would be devastating. I disagree with the offense in total rebuild, I feel like all they need is a QB. Bears have a good amount of cap space so I don't see any reason to cut Royal to save a few dollars.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
patryk7754
Head Coach

Post#44 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Just throwing this out there but there's a lot of people worried about Aaron rogers ability. Doesn't make any sense to me to be concerned about a hall of famer like Rogers but I just read an article that said "apparent demise of Rogers as a starter". All this probably means nothing but sometimes media and fans can influence a franchise.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#45 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Just throwing this out there but there's a lot of people worried about Aaron rogers ability. Doesn't make any sense to me to be concerned about a hall of famer like Rogers but I just read an article that said "apparent demise of Rogers as a starter". All this probably means nothing but sometimes media and fans can influence a franchise.

All this means is Rodgers is overdue for a big game. Poor Chicago

patryk7754
Head Coach

Post#46 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:30 pm

City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Just throwing this out there but there's a lot of people worried about Aaron rogers ability. Doesn't make any sense to me to be concerned about a hall of famer like Rogers but I just read an article that said "apparent demise of Rogers as a starter". All this probably means nothing but sometimes media and fans can influence a franchise.

All this means is Rodgers is overdue for a big game. Poor Chicago

Man I didn't even realize. This might be like the game when they drop 42 in the first half
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#47 » by Axxo » Tue Jan 3, 2017 9:21 pm

Supposedly Cutlers contract would be considered a discount next season ~16 mil. What do you guys think about bringing him back, get him looking better (like he was under Gase) and then trading him like Sam B was traded to the Vikings to a team desperate for a QB for like a future 2nd round pick or something?
Or is there a way to do this without bring him back next season (This would be my Preferred route)?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#48 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 4, 2017 3:18 am

Axxo wrote:Supposedly Cutlers contract would be considered a discount next season ~16 mil. What do you guys think about bringing him back, get him looking better (like he was under Gase) and then trading him like Sam B was traded to the Vikings to a team desperate for a QB for like a future 2nd round pick or something?
Or is there a way to do this without bring him back next season (This would be my Preferred route)?

I'm done waiting on any kind of return on Cutler. Cut him. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'm sure McPhee, Freeman, and Hicks cost roughly $16M per year. Instead of waiting for a desperate team to offer a mid round pick for Cutler I prefer to give Pace the most amount of money to improve the team.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#49 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:05 pm

Axxo wrote:Supposedly Cutlers contract would be considered a discount next season ~16 mil. What do you guys think about bringing him back, get him looking better (like he was under Gase) and then trading him like Sam B was traded to the Vikings to a team desperate for a QB for like a future 2nd round pick or something?

It's about time to move on. Plus, Fox doesn't want to coach him anymore.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#50 » by transplant » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

It's about time to move on. Plus, Fox doesn't want to coach him anymore.

I think you'll keep hearing noises from the Bears FO about keeping Cutler until they're convinced they can't trade him. I'd be shocked if they actually brought him back for the reason you state.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#51 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:02 pm

I trade him for like a 4th. Bills Texans Phins
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#52 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:22 pm

At this point I don't think you get a 4th for him. The offense was crap. He has been a chemistry issue for years. And is now coming off another season ending injury. Maybe a 6th if we wait. I think the longest we'll wait is up to the draft

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#53 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:34 am

Chi town wrote:I trade him for like a 4th. Bills Texans Phins

I think they will call all those teams and ask because if a team trades for him they get him at that salary and dont have to negotiate against other teams on the open market . If those teams are not interested they will simply cut him at the start of free agency.

FYI
franchise tags go out march 1

Free agency starts march 9

nfl combine goes from feb 28 -march 6

trading starts March 9

so we will have a much better idea of cutlers trade value after the combine and we see how the qb class looks . if it doesnt look good we maybe able to get that 4th .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#54 » by Chi town » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:43 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Chi town wrote:I trade him for like a 4th. Bills Texans Phins

I think they will call all those teams and ask because if a team trades for him they get him at that salary and dont have to negotiate against other teams on the open market . If those teams are not interested they will simply cut him at the start of free agency.

FYI
franchise tags go out march 1

Free agency starts march 9

nfl combine goes from feb 28 -march 6

trading starts March 9

so we will have a much better idea of cutlers trade value after the combine and we see how the qb class looks . if it doesnt look good we maybe able to get that 4th .

I just want something for him and his cap space used to sign Tyrod Taylor.

Trade back from 3 and get Hooker or the DE from Stanford. CB King in 2nd. TE Butt in 3rd. Get your QB at end of first.

Gotta resign Alshon too. Tyrod throws a great deep ball and Alshon would play great w him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#55 » by Axxo » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:23 pm

The 49ers interested in Cutler..., think we have a buyer
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#56 » by fleet » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:22 pm

Axxo wrote:The 49ers interested in Cutler..., think we have a buyer

Source, link?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#57 » by Axxo » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:47 pm

fleet wrote:

Source, link?

Sure,

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/38117/Jay-Cutler-Could-Be-Option-For-49ers-At-Quarterback
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#58 » by fleet » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:02 pm

Axxo wrote:
fleet wrote:

Source, link?

Sure,

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/38117/Jay-Cutler-Could-Be-Option-For-49ers-At-Quarterback

I was hoping that wasn't it. Lynch made those comments in 2009. RealGM posted some click bait.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#59 » by Axxo » Tue Feb 7, 2017 9:49 pm

fleet wrote:

I was hoping that wasn't it. Lynch made those comments in 2009. RealGM posted some click bait.

Oh ok :waaa:
patryk7754
Head Coach

Post#60 » by patryk7754 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 5:20 pm

49ers' Lynch: Shanahan's system would be 'big challenge' for rookie QB (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
http://www.thescore.com/news/1227381

Cutler to the 49ers seems like more and more of a possibility every day.

Return to Chicago Bears