Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#42 » by Howard Mass » Thu Feb 9, 2017 7:56 pm

Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

The Appeals Committee is swamped with appeals and am waiting for them to get through some of the current slate before forwarding more.

Rest assured, everyone who wants a review will get one and we probably will extend this into March.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Re: Mass Dispatch 48.0: A New Day and Policy for Our General NBA Board, "Clean Slate" Runners Up Results 

Post#43 » by KingDavid » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:30 am

Howard Mass wrote:Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

The Appeals Committee is swamped with appeals and am waiting for them to get through some of the current slate before forwarding more.

Rest assured, everyone who wants a review will get one and we probably will extend this into March.

Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,406

Post#44 » by ag3 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi, I would like a clean slate as well, if possible.

Thank You.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#45 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Just wanted to say that I have not yet applied to 3 Users about their Account Review.

Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:

NO!

On another note, are you going to request an Account Review?

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#46 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:09 pm

ag3 wrote:Hi, I would like a clean slate as well, if possible.

Thank You.

All you got to do is request one.

If you do, please send it in mid-next week as the Committee is backed up with all of the appeals and I still have 6 more waiting to be put on the floor.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#47 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:11 pm

In the past 24 hours, I have delivered good news to three Users.

- One got their only General NBA Board Strike Removed.
- One got their Read-Only Access and one of their two strikes removed.
- One got their Read-Only Access and both of their strikes removed.

Feel free to ask for your own account review but please wait until mid-next week as The Appeals Committee is backed up.

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#48 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:00 pm

If you guys need help remembering if you have a strike, end one of us a PM and we'll check for you!
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#49 » by KingDavid » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

NO!

Yes, I will. I will wait until mid week to pm you the request if you'd prefer?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#50 » by Howard Mass » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 am

KingDavid wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Take your time. Just give us Serge Ibaka for Josh McRoberts while we wait. :nod:

NO!

Yes, I will. I will wait until mid week to pm you the request if you'd prefer?

KingDavid,

Sounds good and please do wait till mid-week if you can.

Thanks!

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#51 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 am

howie can you review me please?
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#52 » by Geddy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:59 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:howie can you review me please?

Two thumbs down!
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#53 » by Howard Mass » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:03 am

if you want a General NBA Board Account Review just send me a PM.

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#54 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:33 am

Geddy wrote:

Two thumbs down!

Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#55 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 pm

I did not know where to post this suggestion, so I apologize in advance if this is wrong thread.

We all know that this board is very active with tonnes on posts on a daily bases. Therefore it makes it a bit difficult to follow closely for all Raps fanatics. In all this sea of posts there are a lot of contribution worth reading likely to be missed for members who do not have whole day to filter through them. So what I suggest is to create a stickie where there would be selection of post with most plus one post from different threads from previous day. I think that would not be difficult to implement and very useful for all of us who come here daily. What do you think?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#56 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:I did not know where to post this suggestion, so I apologize in advance if this is wrong thread.

We all know that this board is very active with tonnes on posts on a daily bases. Therefore it makes it a bit difficult to follow closely for all Raps fanatics. In all this sea of posts there are a lot of contribution worth reading likely to be missed for members who do not have whole day to filter through them. So what I suggest is to create a stickie where there would be selection of post with most plus one post from different threads from previous day. I think that would not be difficult to implement and very useful for all of us who come here daily. What do you think?

I think if you scroll through the first two pages you can see all threads of interest. MOST threads that are active stay on the first page for a few days if not longer. At worst they fall to the second page unless they only have a few posts. I think a quick scan each day for topics that might interest you might only take a few minutes.

But I can run it by the other moderators. It might be better to do it weekly though if we were to implicate something like that. Maybe like "Threads of the week or something".
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#57 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I think if you scroll through the first two pages you can see all threads of interest. MOST threads that are active stay on the first page for a few days if not longer. At worst they fall to the second page unless they only have a few posts. I think a quick scan each day for topics that might interest you might only take a few minutes.

But I can run it by the other moderators. It might be better to do it weekly though if we were to implicate something like that. Maybe like "Threads of the week or something".

I know that. But if you look at the Raptors board which is very, very active - it has daily 20-30 new threads with sometimes 20-30 pages in each of them. You cannot even glance through all of them. In my suggestion I did not mean threads, but posts with most +1 for that day (or week). Or if that is too complicated or not acceptable to have submenu in Notifications to select posts (within each threads or topics) which got most +1. Just a suggestion.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#58 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I think if you scroll through the first two pages you can see all threads of interest. MOST threads that are active stay on the first page for a few days if not longer. At worst they fall to the second page unless they only have a few posts. I think a quick scan each day for topics that might interest you might only take a few minutes.

I know that. But if you look at the Raptors board which is very, very active - it has daily 20-30 new threads with sometimes 20-30 pages in each of them. You cannot even glance through all of them. In my suggestion I did not mean threads, but posts with most +1 for that day (or week). Or if that is too complicated or not acceptable to have submenu in Notifications to select posts (within each threads or topics) which got most +1. Just a suggestion.

Yes, we are discussing the best way to do this right now. Maybe something like a weekly stickied thread linking to solid threads.

The thing about most And1s, is that a funny meme someone posts might get 20-30 And1s while a great substantive posts gets 5. We are definitely discussing your suggestion though.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#59 » by Asif16 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Howard Mass wrote:

Hey Howard, I was hoping to get a General NBA Board Account Review but it doesn't give me an option to PM you. Don't know why, so I assumed quoting you was the only other way.

Im currently on a read only access for the GB, if you were wondering. Thanks
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#60 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 am

Asif16 wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Hey Howard, I was hoping to get a General NBA Board Account Review but it doesn't give me an option to PM you. Don't know why, so I assumed quoting you was the only other way.

Im currently on a read only access for the GB, if you were wondering. Thanks

Asif16,

I fixed some things in your permissions.

Try PMing me now.

Return to Mass Dispatch