True or False: NFL Edition

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,271

Re: True or False: NFL Edition 

Post#241 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:20 pm

True or false: Egals will finish in the NFC basement again next year?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#242 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 pm

True or false: Seattle will struggle to make the playoffs next season?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#243 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false: Seattle will struggle to make the playoffs next season?

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#244 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false: Seattle will struggle to make the playoffs next season?

True unless the Seahawks rebuild thier OL.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#245 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:

I've gotta chime in with a "false" here. I'm not disagreeing that Seattle is going through some growing pains as far as finding their way to playing consistently good football now that their window of opportunity is having to answer to the salary cap, but are the Rams a playoff team? I doubt it. San Francisco? Oh hell no. Arizona? Maybe, but that probably hinges on a bounce back year from perennially creaky, declining Carson Palmer. So, given the competition and the fact Seattle still has the talent to be a lock for 9-10 wins, I can almost guarantee they'll be in the postseason.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#246 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:02 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

I've gotta chime in with a "false" here. I'm not disagreeing that Seattle is going through some growing pains as far as finding their way to playing consistently good football now that their window of opportunity is having to answer to the salary cap, but are the Rams a playoff team? I doubt it. San Francisco? Oh hell no. Arizona? Maybe, but that probably hinges on a bounce back year from perennially creaky, declining Carson Palmer. So, given the competition and the fact Seattle still has the talent to be a lock for 9-10 wins, I can almost guarantee they'll be in the postseason.

Arizona somehow finds way to have bounce back years. Palmers last year, I think they will try go all in. Don't be surprised if they make move for TE and defensive players.. Rams will suck but if they can win one vs Seahawks it may hurt down the line. 49ers have no shot of beating them this year I agree with that.

The Seahawks wild card hopes are not given. As last year NFC North snuck in the Packers and Giants creeped right in. Also Eagles might be decent and surprise some people. NFC south appears to be influx this upcoming year. You got TB coming off a better year, saints what wil they do in Brees final years? Falcons of course, how do they respond to all time choke job.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#247 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:04 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

Every two weeks I have to say something about the Sea Hawks to get a reaction out of Jack and to make sure he is o.k. and alive, :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#248 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:07 pm

True or false? Jwise falls madly in Love with Romo when he goes to Houston. Or does he give up on his Texans, disowns them and becomes a Utah Jazz fan?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#249 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:43 am

True or false? Tom Coughlin will get the pieces in FA and the upcoming draft that will make the difference in the Jaguars making the playoffs next season.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#250 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false? Tom Coughlin will get the pieces in FA and the upcoming draft that will make the difference in the Jaguars making the playoffs next season.

I'd say false but Jax should be markedly better this year (not that it's that hard to be better for them)

8-8 seems more likely

True or false

Colin Kaepernick starts a single game at QB for any team this year?
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#251 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:47 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false? Tom Coughlin will get the pieces in FA and the upcoming draft that will make the difference in the Jaguars making the playoffs next season.

I'd say false but Jax should be markedly better this year (not that it's that hard to be better for them)

8-8 seems more likely

True or false

True. I think that even if he lands somewhere as a backup, the odds are that the starter will miss at least a game or two. His numbers are better than at least a handful of guys who will start games next year and if you like your QB with some mobility, he added 400+ yards rushing to his total offense, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a team give him an opportunity to compete for their starting job.

T/F: Brandin Cooks has a better season than Antonio Brown.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#252 » by bleu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:10 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false? Jwise falls madly in Love with Romo when he goes to Houston. Or does he give up on his Texans, disowns them and becomes a Utah Jazz fan?

I'm gonna go with true here on the Utah Jazz part. I mean, eventually you've got to get tired of losing and constantly getting knocked out of the playoffs by the same team, and you know what they say: If you can't beat 'em, join em!

:wink: :lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#253 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Ok, with Cardinals lossing some Defensive players im less confident..... Cardinals got whooped in FA.. Come on draft picks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#254 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:52 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:

8-8 seems more likely

True or false

True. I think that even if he lands somewhere as a backup, the odds are that the starter will miss at least a game or two. His numbers are better than at least a handful of guys who will start games next year and if you like your QB with some mobility, he added 400+ yards rushing to his total offense, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a team give him an opportunity to compete for their starting job.

False. Patriots always stay within their built in system.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#255 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:

8-8 seems more likely

True or false

That's the same system that made a Pro Bowler out of Wes Welker and just last year got Julian Edelman 98 catches and 1100 yards. I think it's the Steelers who might be the wild card here. That team looks like they could either be on the brink of a Bengals level meltdown or return to make another deep playoff run. If it's the former, I think newly paid WR Brown could be at the center of it if his personality starts inching more towards the Terrell Owens end of the spectrum than the Hines Ward end. Also, Ben is always good to miss some time which would directly affect Brown's stats depending on how much time Ben would miss.

Okay, T/F? With Doug Free apparently retiring, the Cowboys line loses some of that glue and hurts Dak and Zeke's numbers next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#256 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:39 pm

bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false? Jwise falls madly in Love with Romo when he goes to Houston. Or does he give up on his Texans, disowns them and becomes a Utah Jazz fan?

I'm gonna go with true here on the Utah Jazz part. I mean, eventually you've got to get tired of losing and constantly getting knocked out of the playoffs by the same team, and you know what they say: If you can't beat 'em, join em!

:wink: :lol:

:rofl: Poor jwise.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#257 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:

That's the same system that made a Pro Bowler out of Wes Welker and just last year got Julian Edelman 98 catches and 1100 yards. I think it's the Steelers who might be the wild card here. That team looks like they could either be on the brink of a Bengals level meltdown or return to make another deep playoff run. If it's the former, I think newly paid WR Brown could be at the center of it if his personality starts inching more towards the Terrell Owens end of the spectrum than the Hines Ward end. Also, Ben is always good to miss some time which would directly affect Brown's stats depending on how much time Ben would miss.

Okay, T/F? With Doug Free apparently retiring, the Cowboys line loses some of that glue and hurts Dak and Zeke's numbers next season.

False. The Cowboys have another Linemen in throw in there. Right cowboy nation??
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#258 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:True or false: Egals will finish in the NFC basement again next year?

False. Redskins or Giants will

True or False
The Cowboys will draft back up Running back?
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#259 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:45 pm

True or False the lions will make the playoffs again this year.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#260 » by bleu » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:34 am

Ballerhogger wrote:True or False the lions will make the playoffs again this year.

I will say false. I don't expect the Lions to be much worse, but I do expect the Packers and Vikings, and really the NFC as a whole, to be better next season. They will probably be on the verge though.

True or False: Jamaal Charles finds a landing place where he can pick up 16+ carries per game next season

Return to The General NFL Board