Deadline Chatter: Derrick Rose on his way out ? Teams interested

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Deadline Chatter: Derrick Rose on his way out ? Teams interested 

Post#21 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:55 am

MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Reggie Jackson for rose makes sense

Why?

pistons clear cap on a overpaid pg
Raptors til death
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#22 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Why?

We still wouldn't have capspace and just have no PG. Plus I don't really think Reggie is overpaid considering it's hard to even get a productive player at all around his salary now. Reggie was awesome for us last year but he's not healthy and can't get to the rim right now like he could cause of his knee. Pistons have to get back some sort of PG if they are moving him and not D Rose. If not we will just have to see if he can come back 100% next year
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#23 » by SeanDaRyan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:02 am

Hes going to China
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#24 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 am

MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Why?

We still wouldn't have capspace and just have no PG. Plus I don't really think Reggie is overpaid considering it's hard to even get a productive player at all around his salary now. Reggie was awesome for us last year but he's not healthy and can't get to the rim right now like he could cause of his knee. Pistons have to get back some sort of PG if they are moving him and not D Rose. If not we will just have to see if he can come back 100% next year

D rose is still decent or start Ish smith. Reggie is a disaster knee injured are hard
Raptors til death
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#25 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:05 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:pistons clear cap on a overpaid pg

D rose is still decent or start Ish smith. Reggie is a disaster knee injured are hard

Is Rose really that decent though? Reggie has been playing with a bum knee and has better stats then him lol.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#26 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:08 am

MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:We still wouldn't have capspace and just have no PG. Plus I don't really think Reggie is overpaid considering it's hard to even get a productive player at all around his salary now. Reggie was awesome for us last year but he's not healthy and can't get to the rim right now like he could cause of his knee. Pistons have to get back some sort of PG if they are moving him and not D Rose. If not we will just have to see if he can come back 100% next year

Is Rose really that decent though? Reggie has been playing with a bum knee and has better stats then him lol.

17/4/5 d rose and reggie Jackson 15/2/5 lol also d rose is still relevant name to casuals could fill seats in new arena
Raptors til death
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#27 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:16 am

RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:D rose is still decent or start Ish smith. Reggie is a disaster knee injured are hard

17/4/5 d rose and reggie Jackson 15/2/5 lol also d rose is still relevant name to casuals could fill seats in new arena

Reggie is struggling this year but he was to good when healthy last year as a scorer and pick and roll partner with Drummond to give up for this. If we could actually get something with that capspace then yeah but we can't. Plus Rose shooting 24% from 3 is a killer.
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,213

Post#28 » by bigpimpatl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:36 am

There are so many good pgs right now, that play under control and defend and involve their teammates. Every time I watch Rose it just feels like he's always looking for his own. I guess it would be OK if he was still an MVP candidate but he's not.

That said, the Magic need a PG. they could get out of Augustin contract. If Knicks have interest in Dragic, maybe. Twolves only makes sense bc of Thibs but why would I give the ball to Rose when I got KAT and Wiggins. The Mavs could take a flier on him; maybe Carlisle can work his magic? Yea I just don't see many good fits :(
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#29 » by Pennebaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 am

The Cavs should trade for him. I think he'd be incredible in Cleveland if he wouldn't mind backing up Kyrie Irving for a great chance at playing a significant role for a championship team.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#30 » by DTP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 am

Pennebaker wrote:The Cavs should trade for him. I think he'd be incredible in Cleveland if he wouldn't mind backing up Kyrie Irving for a great chance at playing a significant role for a championship team.

lol please be joking.

Anyways, as a Pistons fan I wouldn't be upset at a Rose for Jackson experiment. Rose can still do one thing pretty well, which is score. This team needs a guy that can go get theirs with how inconsistent everyone else is on that end of the floor. Then a nice change of pace with Ish coming in looking to distribute. Jackson & Baynes for Rose & O'Quinn swap I'd be okay with. No picks of course.

Not sure which would be worse - Rose leaving in the off season or overpaying him to stay. If he could be re-signed for similar numbers of what Jackson already is signed for, I'd do that. Probably no more than 3 years. Having no point guard but Ish Smith would be tough though if Rose did leave. As many great point guards as there are out there...it aint easy finding a quality starting one.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,928

Post#31 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:43 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

He does things with the ball that your current general cannot do. And while he does not play make as much as we'd like, it is more than that broke Reggie Jackson.

Pass, Reggie is still hurt but last year he was great at getting to the rim and finishing. Plus DRose is a player I just want to smack looking at him and wouldn't want on my team.

First of all guy, he's expiring at the end of the season. If you knew the first thing about anything, you would gladly be offering a Reggie/Rose swap. However, IPIT (IN PHIL I TRUST) he will not sabotage our future over someone broken.... so anyway, we'll take a future first rounder and ish smith for Derrick Rose thank you.

What do you mean wouldn't sabotage the future over someone broken down?

Phil already did that by signing Noah. So that trust seems misplaced.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#32 » by jc23 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 am

no good teams will trade for him.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#33 » by Clutch31 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Pass, Reggie is still hurt but last year he was great at getting to the rim and finishing. Plus DRose is a player I just want to smack looking at him and wouldn't want on my team.

First of all guy, he's expiring at the end of the season. If you knew the first thing about anything, you would gladly be offering a Reggie/Rose swap. However, IPIT (IN PHIL I TRUST) he will not sabotage our future over someone broken.... so anyway, we'll take a future first rounder and ish smith for Derrick Rose thank you.

What do you mean wouldn't sabotage the future over someone broken down?

Phil already did that by signing Noah. So that trust seems misplaced.

You missed out on the sarcasm there...
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#34 » by PKABOOICU » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I could really see the Lakers getting in on this one.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,073

Post#35 » by tcheco » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm

No one will give the Knicks more than a second rounder and expiring contracts, unless the team is sendin their bad contracts. Them I can see a lottery protected first going the knicks way

Oh, and Wolves would(should) never trade rubio for rose. We'll need Rubio next year since Dunn didn't show up yet.

Can see Afflalo a second rounder for Rose happening
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#36 » by mhd » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm

TheBigSlow wrote:I could really see the Lakers getting in on this one.

Only if the Knicks take Deng, which I don't think is happening unless a major incentive is added.
SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#37 » by SH0KASE » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Bulls fans warned us but I didn't listen smh. This guy is straight up no defense playing ball hug. As soon as he gets the ball you can forget about him looking to create a play for someone. Please get him off my team.

It was ncie seeing him first 10 games after watching Calderon but it got old fast.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#38 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:21 pm

For the Knicks, sure. Terrible for the Pistons.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#39 » by Nolan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm

I could see the Kings going after him. They seem to be desperate to make the playoffs and trading for Rose definitely sounds like a desperate move.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,489

Post#40 » by Duffman100 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Was trying to see if there was something that could be done with the Raptors. Trading Joseph, Sullinger, filler for Rose and a 2nd rounder.

Rose gives us a better backup PG for the playoffs, expires so we can resign people.

NY gets a good young PG in Joseph.

Salaries are tough though.

Return to The General Board