Deadline Chatter: Derrick Rose on his way out ? Teams interested

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Re: Deadline Chatter: Derrick Rose on his way out ? Teams interested 

Post#41 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:D rose is still decent or start Ish smith. Reggie is a disaster knee injured are hard

Is Rose really that decent though? Reggie has been playing with a bum knee and has better stats then him lol.

17/4/5 d rose and reggie Jackson 15/2/5 lol also d rose is still relevant name to casuals could fill seats in new arena

You're much better than to spit out counting stats to prove one player is better than the other. Jackson isn't perfect but he has better per36 stats, a better TS%, is better defensively a better floor spacer. And that's while comparing Jacksons worst season in 4 years against Rose's best season in 5 years.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater

Post#42 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Was trying to see if there was something that could be done with the Raptors. Trading Joseph, Sullinger, filler for Rose and a 2nd rounder.

Rose gives us a better backup PG for the playoffs, expires so we can resign people.

NY gets a good young PG in Joseph.

Salaries are tough though.

I'd rather have Joseph/Wright than Rose. Or move Joseph in a separate deal.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,485

Post#43 » by Duffman100 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Was trying to see if there was something that could be done with the Raptors. Trading Joseph, Sullinger, filler for Rose and a 2nd rounder.

Rose gives us a better backup PG for the playoffs, expires so we can resign people.

Yikes. Advanced stats kill Derrick Rose...maybe you're right.
The_Hater

Post#44 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I don't think it can be understated how terrible he is now. He's a very dumb player.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#45 » by JohnWillow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Rose is the main reason why Porzingis looks kind a bad in some stretches, Rose was not the right move to do for the Knicks, because it hurts KP development atleast right now imo.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#46 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:09 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Rose is the main reason why Porzingis looks kind a bad in some stretches, Rose was not the right move to do for the Knicks, because it hurts KP development atleast right now imo.

No offense but Porzingis was playing like an all star up until Christmas, and after that Christmas game he said his Achilles was bothering him and been in and out the lineup and hasn't been the same since. I guess his injury was Rose's fault?
Run PDX
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#47 » by Run PDX » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Allen Crabbe, Meyers Leonard, Cleveland's 2017 1st, Portland's 2018 1st, and the use of Paul Allen's yacht for two weeks for Derrick Rose's expiring contract...
The_Hater

Post#48 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Run PDX wrote:Allen Crabbe, Meyers Leonard, Cleveland's 2017 1st, Portland's 2018 1st, and the use of Paul Allen's yacht for two weeks for Derrick Rose's expiring contract...

You're not a Portland fan....
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Run PDX
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#49 » by Run PDX » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:26 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Run PDX wrote:Allen Crabbe, Meyers Leonard, Cleveland's 2017 1st, Portland's 2018 1st, and the use of Paul Allen's yacht for two weeks for Derrick Rose's expiring contract...

I actually am a Blazer fan. And, I know that the team wants some cap relief in 2018.
$25M in salary for two underachieving players requires additional incentives.
Now, maybe Portland could avoid trading two picks if New York likes Crabbe or wants to take a chance on Leonard - but, I don't think that would happen.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#50 » by melo mvp 15 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm

A Rose-Rubio swap makes a lot of sense for both sides. Although as flawed as Rose is now, he still is a very useful player and personally, I want to see a Rose and Rubio pairing in NY- so if we could make a move for Rubio without Rose, I'd pursue it.

Although at this point, I've basically lost all hope for this season, so adding Rubio makes sense for the long term development of this team. I want to see Hornacek get a playmaking PG next to Melo, KP, Lee, and Willy. And the Knicks aren't getting a PG ready for next year this summer without a huge contract (like $20+ mil/year), so nabbing Rubio who is already locked up for a reasonable rate would be smart. Hopefully, we draft a PG, but odds are he won't be ready to start next year. Rubio could be the ideal stop gap PG that isn't the huge financial commitment any FA would be.

For Minnesota, I think this is the perfect situation for them to give Rose a tryout with Thibs again and all those young guys without the huge risk of a long term deal. Honestly, I think Minny should be all of this because I'm sure they'd consider Rose this summer- so why not try it without much risk.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#51 » by andyhop » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 pm

melo mvp 15 wrote:A Rose-Rubio swap makes a lot of sense for both sides. Although as flawed as Rose is now, he still is a very useful player and personally, I want to see a Rose and Rubio pairing in NY- so if we could make a move for Rubio without Rose, I'd pursue it.

Although at this point, I've basically lost all hope for this season, so adding Rubio makes sense for the long term development of this team. I want to see Hornacek get a playmaking PG next to Melo, KP, Lee, and Willy. And the Knicks aren't getting a PG ready for next year this summer without a huge contract (like $20+ mil/year), so nabbing Rubio who is already locked up for a reasonable rate would be smart. Hopefully, we draft a PG, but odds are he won't be ready to start next year. Rubio could be the ideal stop gap PG that isn't the huge financial commitment any FA would be.

For Minnesota, I think this is the perfect situation for them to give Rose a tryout with Thibs again and all those young guys without the huge risk of a long term deal. Honestly, I think Minny should be all of this because I'm sure they'd consider Rose this summer- so why not try it without much risk.

Rubio for Rose makes sense for the Knicks because Rubio is a dramatically better player than Rose , Rose makes zero sense for the Wolves
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#52 » by JohnWillow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Wharton Alum 08 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

No offense but Porzingis was playing like an all star up until Christmas, and after that Christmas game he said his Achilles was bothering him and been in and out the lineup and hasn't been the same since. I guess his injury was Rose's fault?

You know why he was playing like an all star? Because he was playing great basketball with Jennings on the floor not Rose... Jennings is pass first point guard in New York right now, but Rose is just looking for his shot most of the times, he is not making his teammates better.

If you look at Porzingis best games this season, for example 35 when he dropped against Pistons, he scored 5 baskets after Jennings assists, but only 1 time after the pass by Rose.
Another career game vs Suns where he scored 34 points, he scored 3 baskets after Jennings pass, but 0 after Rose pass, over half of his points he scored with second unit.

So my point is Porzingis loves to play with the Knicks second unit with Jennings on the floor, he is dishing assists and moving the ball, with Rose on the floor he show off his tunnel vision while driving to the basket...
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#53 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:37 pm

SH0KASE wrote:Bulls fans warned us but I didn't listen smh. This guy is straight up no defense playing ball hug. As soon as he gets the ball you can forget about him looking to create a play for someone. Please get him off my team.

It was ncie seeing him first 10 games after watching Calderon but it got old fast.

The best is watching national broadcast games of the Knicks and every single time the commentator will explain how "theres the old Derrick he's getting his explosiveness back" after one solid play. There hasn't been any point since the MCL where he looked like MVP Rose. Whenever someone says otherwise they don't remember how great he actually was.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#54 » by melo mvp 15 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:38 pm

I'd be curious if NY would do something along these lines. I think the problem is NY has literally no use for Leonard, so his contract is especially terrible.

To take on Leonard AND Crabbe, it would take a much better asset than a very late first this year and the 2018 first (personally I'm a huge believer PDX turns it around quickly and is back in the playoffs next year- so I don't value this highly). I think it would take Portland's pick this year with maybe top 5 protection.
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#55 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
Wharton Alum 08 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

You know why he was playing like an all star? Because he was playing great basketball with Jennings on the floor not Rose... Jennings is pass first point guard in New York right now, but Rose is just looking for his shot most of the times, he is not making his teammates better.

If you look at Porzingis best games this season, for example 35 when he dropped against Pistons, he scored 5 baskets after Jennings assists, but only 1 time after the pass by Rose.
Another career game vs Suns where he scored 34 points, he scored 3 baskets after Jennings pass, but 0 after Rose pass, over half of his points he scored with second unit.

So my point is Porzingis loves to play with the Knicks second unit with Jennings on the floor, he is dishing assists and moving the ball, with Rose on the floor he show off his tunnel vision while driving to the basket...

While playing with the 2nd unit he's playing against benches too, not sure I would discount that. My point is also that he's been wildly inconsistent since the Achilles injury though but we can blame Rose for that. Rose missed 5 games in January, Porzingis shot a whopping 19/52 for 36.5% with Jennings starting it's okay to say he's struggling, a little inconsistent, and hurting. He's young and they said that Achilles would linger all year until he's able to strengthen it.
The_Hater

Post#56 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Run PDX wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I actually am a Blazer fan. And, I know that the team wants some cap relief in 2018.
$25M in salary for two underachieving players requires additional incentives.
Now, maybe Portland could avoid trading two picks if New York likes Crabbe or wants to take a chance on Leonard - but, I don't think that would happen.

I know you're a Blazer fan. Giving up 2 first round picks for a little cap relief is short sighted. With the cap space the team would be lucky to sign a couple of players similar to Crabbe and Leonard to replace them. And they'd still have Turner, the worst contract on the roster
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,273

Post#57 » by laploutocratie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm

I see Knicks fans are in full marketing mode already
x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,956

Post#58 » by Capn'O » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:57 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:D rose is still decent or start Ish smith. Reggie is a disaster knee injured are hard

Is Rose really that decent though? Reggie has been playing with a bum knee and has better stats then him lol.

17/4/5 d rose and reggie Jackson 15/2/5 lol also d rose is still relevant name to casuals could fill seats in new arena

He's very high on the jersey sales list! #10. And on a new team all his fans would need to get new ones!

Spoiler:
very nice quality too
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#59 » by Capn'O » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Swap out the use of Paul Allen's yacht for a guarantee :wink: that Leonard will never suit up for the Knicks and you've got yourself a damn deal.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks