Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? [Poll added]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who is the best PG in the East?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 7:39 pm

Goran Dragic
3%
Kemba Walker
2%
Kyle Lowry
36%
Kyrie Irving
2%
Isaiah Thomas
33%
John Wall
25%

Total votes: 61

BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#201 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Non raptor fan

If I'm picking between IT and Lowry give me Lowry
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,645

Post#202 » by Vampirate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Raptor fan, while I would take Lowry over IT, what IT is doing is still incredible and is at least the 2nd best player between the Raptors and Celtics.

I once had IT at the same tier as Derozan but it's becoming more clear IT is the better player this year.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#203 » by MC3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:06 pm

I am picking John Wall
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#204 » by thamadkant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:25 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade

Well thats not Thomas being exposed... Thats Celtics being exposed.

Thomas would still put up huge numbers but the opposing playoff team would just exhaust him and shut every else down.

No different to Pelicans going through Davis but still cant beat anyone due to the lack of help.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#205 » by jonjames » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Thomas is still being vastly underrated bc of his height. If he was 6'2 or 6'3 with his current production it would be a unanimous consensus who the best pg in east is..at least for this season.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#206 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:36 pm

shukle wrote:
KHRICH wrote:
shukle wrote:Well, I guess we'll see in the playoffs who outplays who... Kyrie elevates his game in the playoffs. Lowry shrinks.

Kyrie has the best player on the planet playing next to him not hard for the pressure to be off him as he is Robin. Kyrie has never sniffed the playoffs without LeBron even when LeBron sits out games during the sEason he can't win without him I'd assume he'd learn to lead from seeing LeBron do it but nope.

So what? Every player in the NBA has help, that's the point of a team game. And did you just not see Kyrie burying the wizards in OT with LBJ on the bench? Kyrie is the kind of player that doesn't need pressure taken off him. He is one of the greatest isolation scorers in the NBA. Wall, IT and Lowry are great point guards, but acting like they're obviously better than Kyrie is being a homer.
Once again, Kyrie outplayed Curry in a 7 games series, the unanimous 2 times MVP. And don't tell me Curry doesn't have anyone to take pressure off him.

I mean, Stephen Curry didn't play well in that series, so doesn't that defeat your point? Also, is a two time MVP, not a two time unanimous MVP.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#207 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:07 pm

ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade

Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

This myth that Lebron single handily shut down Rose needs to die.

The Heat defense blitzed him constantly and Rose couldn't react in time and the Bulls didn't have the personnel to take pressure off Rose.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? [Poll added] 

Post#208 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:08 pm

You can't be the best when you're a complete liability on defense.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,576

Post#209 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:12 pm

jonjames wrote:Thomas is still being vastly underrated bc of his height. If he was 6'2 or 6'3 with his current production it would be a unanimous consensus who the best pg in east is..at least for this season.

Am I the only one that thinks Thomas' height actually helps him as a player? Sorta like he's made the most out of it.

The only negative I really see is on the defensive end and getting his shots blocked.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#210 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:16 pm

I went with my guy kyle Lowry.

In 7 games without Demar derozan this season he averaged 28/5/8 61% TS 39% from 3 and good defense.

Not saying derozan holds him back just that if he wanted to step up and be the main guy. He could easily do that.

Would I trade him for John wall hell yeah because of his age
Raptors til death
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#211 » by duppyy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:27 pm

I'd say yes just cause I enjoy watching play.
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#212 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:

Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

This myth that Lebron single handily shut down Rose needs to die.

The Heat defense blitzed him constantly and Rose couldn't react in time and the Bulls didn't have the personnel to take pressure off Rose.

It really doesn't have to die. Derrick dominated every head to head point guard match up that whole year, he was under rated if anything that year, he dominated more so than Russ this year. The stats obviously weren't the same but he destroyed his position the entire year (while winning), that clip of Legler on First Take going through what he did to other top point guards is perfect.

Then he runs into Lebron and the dude is a cheat code.
smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Post#213 » by smallgains » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I think his offense is great, but he might be a big problem on D in the playoffs. Wait and see.
PhillySixers22
Junior
And1: 183

Post#214 » by PhillySixers22 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:21 pm

What IT is doing this season is pretty incredible, but for me Lowry is tops at PG in the east. Thomas and Wall coming in at 2nd/3rd. Lowry gets the nod imo since he brings pretty much everything at a high level; scoring, shooting, playmaking, defense, leadership etc without any obvious holes in his game. Based on this season alone I would probably go Thomas over Wall, he's basically A.I. on offense with far greater efficiency. His top level scoring ability, especially in the 4th quarter doesn't make sense.

As far as net rating/on off rating, there's just too many variables to take into account to take it at face value. Does anyone really believe Kemba individually has a significantly greater impact on his team than Harden does? Do we honestly think Boston is a better team without IT than with him? You take Thomas away and their offense would completely stagnate in a consistent half court setting, even with him they stagnate in the postseason when the game is played more half court and defenses can focus on IT.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#215 » by jrob23 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:39 pm

IT is a great scorer. Let's leave it at that. PG have to be so much more than scorers though. Wall must be so embarrassed for people when they vote that IT is a better PG than him. Him, Westbrook, Harden and Steph must all get together and just laugh their arses off about it...kinda like how Lebron was laughing about Steph being a good defender. Just smh.
Trippinskarlo
Rookie
And1: 1,326

Post#216 » by Trippinskarlo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:53 pm

jrob23 wrote:IT is a great scorer. Let's leave it at that. PG have to be so much more than scorers though. Wall must be so embarrassed for people when they vote that IT is a better PG than him. Him, Westbrook, Harden and Steph must all get together and just laugh their arses off about it...kinda like how Lebron was laughing about Steph being a good defender. Just smh.

No they don't. I do not think IT is the best pg in the east but he consistently gets tons of respect from other players. Paul george just said he was most excited to play with IT. Lots of stars have commended and praised his historical 4th quarter performances. Wall is better, lowry and IT are equal, bur there is a reason why every anylist has IT in their top 5 for mvp this year. You can track when the C's became a winning team and that moment was the IT trade.

Return to The General Board