Kyle Korver is Back

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Re: Kyle Korver is Back 

Post#61 » by Warchant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:11 am

Holy cow shut down the NBA...the Cavs are unbeatable(lol) they have Smith, Frye, Korver, Love, etc and they still went 7 games last yr vs GS(- Korver)...how does that happen? They didnt sweep them? Their gonna break the playoff record in 3s....yadda yadda yadda....I've never seen sports fans so afraid of a team that has so many losses in a season before...when they lose their giving no effort and not locked in...when they win their gearing up for the playoffs...I will say it again the Cavs have all spot up shooters...how good is Korver, Frye, Smith, Love etc when their defender is standing right next to them? You have Ind fans on here gushing over Korver cause their defensive strategy in 2 games was to allow him 17 3pt attempts....solid work coaching staff. The previous game vs Minny he attempted 3 total shots cause they were aware when he was in the game...Boston fans want to pack in the season and say GS ruined the season...last time I looked the Cavs were in the East so you still had to play them...the competitive nature of some of these posts crap me up....last time I looked Denver won a game making 24 3s so that proves a couple of hot shooting games and a series can change when a team gets hot....enough said
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#62 » by LivingLegend » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 am

gino_giode wrote:Dunno why Kyrie hasn't nominated Korver to take his spot at the 3pt contest. Kyrie is good, buuuuttttt Korver is on the same level as Klay/Curry for stand still 3pt shooting.

Anyways, I love Korver's game right now. It also seems his defense is getting better. But like any good 3pt shooter, the best way to take them off their game is to go at them on the other end. In their loss to the Warriors last month, they were relentless in attacking Korver.

That was also how the Cavs got Curry off his own game in the finals (I don't buy the BS excuse he was ailing from his knee--he beasted in the WCF, had a couple 30+ games in the finals). The Cavs made sure that Curry was busy guarding JR and Kyrie when they switched.

Unfortunately the Cavs have too many ppl they're trying to hide on defense, so I worry that Korver will be nullified.

lol okay. Have you forgot winners of past winners.....

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#63 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:07 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
Froob wrote:This is why I think it's silly for Boston to talk about giving up Brooklyn picks and Brown for Jimmy Butler, Cleveland is going to be really really good and Boston's defense has been real bad. Won't be nearly enough, keep Brown and make those picks and build for a post LeBron contender.

If Love is healthy, I think the Cavs are going to win it. The 3 point shooting is off the chart. This will be a fun finals. LeBron wins this and he has a fair stake to the GOAT title.

You guys are in a great position, but probably not in the greatest of times. There is no available difference maker that would put you over the top. You could draft two young studs back to back, but you have a handful of role players who are in their peak, and cannot wait 4-5 years until the two studs turn into great players.

So it almost feels like you have to trade the two Brooklyn pick, but they are too valuable to give up for one player! I would probably try to get both Butler and Cousins for a combination of the two picks, Brown, and Smarts. Is it not enough? I think it should be.

I mean, both Butler and Cousins are great, but the are not Lebron James, or even a Kevin Garnett to warrant multiple top 3 picks. If that's the price, I would rather just trade my role players and go into full-rebuild, trade Thomas, Crowder, Horford, everybody.

Idk but that's still a great scenario and even after doing that trade its not like you have to justify it this year. Miami didn't win the first year they were put together, they won in years 2&3. Well as young as Thomas/ Butler/Cousins are it might be 2345. Never know. Id do your scenario any day.
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#64 » by Tigersrule » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:14 am

Warchant wrote:Holy cow shut down the NBA...the Cavs are unbeatable(lol) they have Smith, Frye, Korver, Love, etc and they still went 7 games last yr vs GS(- Korver)...how does that happen? They didnt sweep them? Their gonna break the playoff record in 3s....yadda yadda yadda....I've never seen sports fans so afraid of a team that has so many losses in a season before...when they lose their giving no effort and not locked in...when they win their gearing up for the playoffs...I will say it again the Cavs have all spot up shooters...how good is Korver, Frye, Smith, Love etc when their defender is standing right next to them? You have Ind fans on here gushing over Korver cause their defensive strategy in 2 games was to allow him 17 3pt attempts....solid work coaching staff. The previous game vs Minny he attempted 3 total shots cause they were aware when he was in the game...Boston fans want to pack in the season and say GS ruined the season...last time I looked the Cavs were in the East so you still had to play them...the competitive nature of some of these posts crap me up....last time I looked Denver won a game making 24 3s so that proves a couple of hot shooting games and a series can change when a team gets hot....enough said

Lol this guy is always mad and hating..has nothing else to do. Wtf r you gonna say if the Cavs repeat this year lol
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,180

Post#65 » by Bologna Smasher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:22 am

That trade worked out great for both teams. Cavs got the dead eye shooter they needed. Hawks opened a spot for the younger Hardaway Jr, who has blossomed since the trade.
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,184

Post#66 » by Hobo4President » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:29 am

What the hell are people saying. Sure Korver has been playing really well for them but they still have the same problems. Golden State is just way too talented. If the Cavs win this year it's a way bigger upset than last year.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#67 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:05 am

Froob wrote:This is why I think it's silly for Boston to talk about giving up Brooklyn picks and Brown for Jimmy Butler, Cleveland is going to be really really good and Boston's defense has been real bad. Won't be nearly enough, keep Brown and make those picks and build for a post LeBron contender.

If Love is healthy, I think the Cavs are going to win it. The 3 point shooting is off the chart. This will be a fun finals. LeBron wins this and he has a fair stake to the GOAT title.

I mean.... I would move Brown for Butler.. not this years Brooklyn pick.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#68 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:26 am

Warchant wrote:Holy cow shut down the NBA...the Cavs are unbeatable(lol) they have Smith, Frye, Korver, Love, etc and they still went 7 games last yr vs GS(- Korver)...how does that happen? They didnt sweep them? Their gonna break the playoff record in 3s....yadda yadda yadda....I've never seen sports fans so afraid of a team that has so many losses in a season before...when they lose their giving no effort and not locked in...when they win their gearing up for the playoffs...I will say it again the Cavs have all spot up shooters...how good is Korver, Frye, Smith, Love etc when their defender is standing right next to them? You have Ind fans on here gushing over Korver cause their defensive strategy in 2 games was to allow him 17 3pt attempts....solid work coaching staff. The previous game vs Minny he attempted 3 total shots cause they were aware when he was in the game...Boston fans want to pack in the season and say GS ruined the season...last time I looked the Cavs were in the East so you still had to play them...the competitive nature of some of these posts crap me up....last time I looked Denver won a game making 24 3s so that proves a couple of hot shooting games and a series can change when a team gets hot....enough said

Leave it to a Warriors fan to blow the minority opinion completely out of proportion. Bravo on your insecurity.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Warchant
Analyst

Post#69 » by Warchant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 am

Tigersrule wrote:

Lol this guy is always mad and hating..has nothing else to do. Wtf r you gonna say if the Cavs repeat this year lol

Cause I tell it like it is....u have a Raptor logo and hang all over the Cavs...makes sense :crazy:
Warchant
Analyst

Post#70 » by Warchant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:

Leave it to a Warriors fan to blow the minority opinion completely out of proportion. Bravo on your insecurity.

Not a GS fan and what did I blow out of proportion? Go back and read the posts....it sounds like the Cavs are 50-0 and have no weaknesses...Korver, Smith and Frye dont miss and when LB wants to play Cavs will win every game
Vee-Rex
Starter
And1: 2,666

Post#71 » by Vee-Rex » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:38 am

Warchant wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:

Not a GS fan and what did I blow out of proportion? Go back and read the posts....it sounds like the Cavs are 50-0 and have no weaknesses...Korver, Smith and Frye dont miss and when LB wants to play Cavs will win every game

What's wrong with praising a very good team? Are you trolling?
RatherUnique
Analyst
And1: 1,431

Post#72 » by RatherUnique » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:41 am

Against Minny He got 5 attempts from deep actually. Channing Frye got 11. That's a high volume of attempts

In the first meeting, Korver had 20.

Its kinda hard to guard LeBron James and Kyrie without sending help. Who knew?
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#73 » by Pennebaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:20 am

I've been so impressed with Kyle Korver since he joined the Cavs. He's a much better all-around player than I thought he was.
Warchant
Analyst

Post#74 » by Warchant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:04 pm

RatherUnique wrote:
Against Minny He got 5 attempts from deep actually. Channing Frye got 11. That's a high volume of attempts

Right and Thibs adjusted and you saw the factor he was....you let LB and Kyrie go 1 on 1 and eliminate the rest of the guys....isnt it better to have LB score 40+ pts and gets 2-3 assts then give him 25-30 pts and still have 10+asts...its easy when the Cavs dont have any other creators on offense
RatherUnique
Analyst
And1: 1,431

Post#75 » by RatherUnique » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Warchant wrote:
RatherUnique wrote:

Right and Thibs adjusted and you saw the factor he was....you let LB and Kyrie go 1 on 1 and eliminate the rest of the guys....isnt it better to have LB score 40+ pts and gets 2-3 assts then give him 25-30 pts and still have 10+asts...its easy when the Cavs dont have any other creators on offense

Did you completely skip over Channing Frye getting 11 attempts?

He "adjusted" and Korver's attempts just went to Frye :lol:

That's the point of having multiple shooters on the floor.

And when is the last time LeBron, or any gifted passer, was held to 2-3 assists? :lol: Good luck with that.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,194

Post#76 » by The High Cyde » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Korver doesn't have to run around as many screens as he did with the Hawks, it's allowing him to spend that energy on defense, making him a very good acquisition. He is a big body too, can't wait to see him play in the playoffs and see how teams plan for him, because they're gonna have too, he's too dangerous offensively. They might attack him when he plays defense, but I'm not too worried about it.

I think Warchant is afox, because he has the same disdain for LeBron and he uses a ton of ellipses. But who cares lol
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:22 pm

gino_giode wrote:Dunno why Kyrie hasn't nominated Korver to take his spot at the 3pt contest. Kyrie is good, buuuuttttt Korver is on the same level as Klay/Curry for stand still 3pt shooting.

Anyways, I love Korver's game right now. It also seems his defense is getting better. But like any good 3pt shooter, the best way to take them off their game is to go at them on the other end. In their loss to the Warriors last month, they were relentless in attacking Korver.

That was also how the Cavs got Curry off his own game in the finals (I don't buy the BS excuse he was ailing from his knee--he beasted in the WCF, had a couple 30+ games in the finals). The Cavs made sure that Curry was busy guarding JR and Kyrie when they switched.

Unfortunately the Cavs have too many ppl they're trying to hide on defense, so I worry that Korver will be nullified.

I don't think that's how it works. But, remember Kyrie has won the 3 pt contest as well.
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#78 » by Porz » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:
Porz wrote:
This is some nonsense right here. clearly a strawman argument. Nobody is saying that the Cavs can beat the Warriors. Especially with Durant. And yet somehow you think picking up Korver when the Warriors picked up Durant takes the Cavs to meltdown to lose. I've never seen such a dumb statement.

I guess you were not here when KD was traded. Everybody was yelling(still do in Youtube comments) that Cavs have no chance. Panicking, even Lebron is crying for help. (have you watched anything at all?)

Some goes even as far as to say it will be the GSW sweep. This is nonsense. When you watch games you know how important chemistry is, GSW with not great role players made histroy last year, they had great team ball- this year, the bench is easy to lock down. When Klay is out there with them, you make him take a tough shots and it's a done deal. Lebron, over 40% shooters around him could sweep GSW if it were their home court. Next year, sure i'll have GSW as favorites.
Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:48 am

Porz wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:
Porz wrote:
This is some nonsense right here. clearly a strawman argument. Nobody is saying that the Cavs can beat the Warriors. Especially with Durant. And yet somehow you think picking up Korver when the Warriors picked up Durant takes the Cavs to meltdown to lose. I've never seen such a dumb statement.

I guess you were not here when KD was traded. Everybody was yelling(still do in Youtube comments) that Cavs have no chance. Panicking, even Lebron is crying for help. (have you watched anything at all?)

Some goes even as far as to say it will be the GSW sweep. This is nonsense. When you watch games you know how important chemistry is, GSW with not great role players made histroy last year, they had great team ball- this year, the bench is easy to lock down. When Klay is out there with them, you make him take a tough shots and it's a done deal. Lebron, over 40% shooters around him could sweep GSW if it were their home court. Next year, sure i'll have GSW as favorites.

I'm not sure why you deleted your previous comments but

Porz wrote:This would be a major meltdown if cavs don't win it all this year. Lebron has the deepest help ever. 3 point shooting new record coming up in playoffs- guaranteed! I think Chuck was right that how much more help could one need, why cry? Just improve chemistry, all the pieces are there!

First and foremost Durant wasn't traded. I can see why those would argue that GSW is a given considering they added a top 3 player to a 73-9 team. And while chemistry is very important, talent wins and they haven't had wholesale changes to their team. Fact is your initial comment is preposterous.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:48 am

Porz wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:
Porz wrote:

I'm not sure why you deleted your previous comments but

Porz wrote:This would be a major meltdown if cavs don't win it all this year. Lebron has the deepest help ever. 3 point shooting new record coming up in playoffs- guaranteed! I think Chuck was right that how much more help could one need, why cry? Just improve chemistry, all the pieces are there!

First and foremost Durant wasn't traded. I can see why those would argue that GSW is a given considering they added a top 3 player to a 73-9 team. And while chemistry is very important, talent wins and they haven't had wholesale changes to their team. Fact is your initial comment is preposterous.

Return to The General Board