ImageImageImageImageImage

AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT...

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT... 

Post#41 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Mar 5, 2017 2:55 pm

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#43 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:53 pm

come home to SF Garrett!!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
elw4sports
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#44 » by elw4sports » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:46 pm

If Garrett is gone, you trade back and grab foster or hooker.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#45 » by Ray_Dogg » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:42 pm

Takes two to trade.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#46 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Mar 5, 2017 8:44 pm

Jikkle wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Reuben Foster - LB - Player

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci passes along "a lot of buzz" that the 49ers could draft Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 2 overall pick.

Carucci is one of the NFL's most well-connected beat writers, having worked for multiple teams and as a reporter for NFL.com. Even if he gets past San Francisco at No. 2, Carucci fully expects Foster to be drafted in the single digits. After watching Foster's college tape, ESPN's Louis Riddick described him as "everything I want in a run-and-hit linebacker," and "vicious" on the field. Foster, however, is presently recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
Source: Buffalo News

Feb 24 - 5:02 PM

I'm sure any buzz about him being taken by the 9ers is dead now with him being sent home and reportedly not interviewing well. An ILB at #2 would've been a stretch as it was but you're not going to take an ILB at #2 if there are potential problems with them.

Also weighed in at 229. That's undersized for a WLB, much less a MLB.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#47 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Mar 6, 2017 12:44 am

Pat Mahomes - QB - Player

MMQB's Robert Klemko would "be genuinely shocked" if the 49ers selected a quarterback in the first round.

San Francisco does not currently have a quarterback under contract, so it is not surprising they have been linked to signal callers with the second overall pick. None of the top prospects are worth that early of a pick, however, and Klemko does not believe Kyle Shanahan wants to begin his head coaching career with a "daisy-fresh rookie at quarterback." If this report is accurate, the 49ers will likely look to add a veteran in free agency and a developmental prospect later in the draft. Texas Tech's Pat Mahomes could fit that bill.
Source: MMQB

Mar 5 - 7:03 PM
elw4sports
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#48 » by elw4sports » Mon Mar 6, 2017 4:43 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Jikkle wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Reuben Foster - LB - Player

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci passes along "a lot of buzz" that the 49ers could draft Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 2 overall pick.

Carucci is one of the NFL's most well-connected beat writers, having worked for multiple teams and as a reporter for NFL.com. Even if he gets past San Francisco at No. 2, Carucci fully expects Foster to be drafted in the single digits. After watching Foster's college tape, ESPN's Louis Riddick described him as "everything I want in a run-and-hit linebacker," and "vicious" on the field. Foster, however, is presently recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
Source: Buffalo News

Feb 24 - 5:02 PM

I'm sure any buzz about him being taken by the 9ers is dead now with him being sent home and reportedly not interviewing well. An ILB at #2 would've been a stretch as it was but you're not going to take an ILB at #2 if there are potential problems with them.

I assumed he would be playing one of the outside backer spots now that we switched to a 4-3
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#49 » by Jikkle » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:42 pm

Well at this point I what the 9ers would love to happen is

1) Garrett
2) Trade

They're all in for Cousins whether it's this year or next so I don't see a QB taken.

Foster and Allen seem like they are too much of damaged goods for #2.

Leonard Fournette rumors I think actually have some weight to them and right now it wouldn't surprise me if they take him #2 if they can't trade back.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#50 » by I_am_1z » Thu Mar 9, 2017 12:20 am

Anyone in the boat of getting Fournette or Foster with our first round pick, needs to meet an iceberg
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#51 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Mar 9, 2017 12:27 am

Why do I feel like #2 is just about the worst spot to be picking this year? No clear-cut guy, and even worse fits for our needs. If we take a RB at #2 - in a draft that is pretty deep at the position at that - I will literally $#!t myself. I don't feel QUITE as strongly about a safety, but particularly given the picks we've sunk into the position in the last few years, I don't feel much better about it.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#52 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Mar 9, 2017 12:45 am

elw4sports wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Jikkle wrote:

I assumed he would be playing one of the outside backer spots now that we switched to a 4-3

I think we've got to assume he'd be able to play ILB until we see Bowman again. But if Bowman returns, we would presumably play Foster at one of the outside spots. As memory serves, Bowman came into the league after playing WLB in college, so he could potentially go back to that spot.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#53 » by thesack12 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Why do I feel like #2 is just about the worst spot to be picking this year? No clear-cut guy, and even worse fits for our needs. If we take a RB at #2 - in a draft that is pretty deep at the position at that - I will literally $#!t myself. I don't feel QUITE as strongly about a safety, but particularly given the picks we've sunk into the position in the last few years, I don't feel much better about it.

I definitely agree. Been saying that its a terrible year to have #2 since the end of the season.
HiDefBaller
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#54 » by HiDefBaller » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:39 pm

If the 9ers consider trading down, then swap 1st round picks, and acquire, next year's 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

"Always Ballin in HD"
HiDefBaller
Ballboy

Post#55 » by HiDefBaller » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:41 pm

If the 49ers keep the 2nd overall pick, I would go with Myles Garrett. We can draft a quarterback in later rounds.

"Always Ballin in HD"
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#56 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:47 am

HiDefBaller wrote:If the 49ers keep the 2nd overall pick, I would go with Myles Garrett. We can draft a quarterback in later rounds.

Lol that's the obvious call with Garrett.

Question remains who we pick after Cleveland selects him(if)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
HiDefBaller
Ballboy

Post#57 » by HiDefBaller » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:45 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
HiDefBaller wrote:If the 49ers keep the 2nd overall pick, I would go with Myles Garrett. We can draft a quarterback in later rounds.

Lol that's the obvious call with Garrett.

Question remains who we pick after Cleveland selects him(if)

With the 2nd pick in the draft, We should draft either Jamal Adams, SS LSU or Solomon Thomas, DE STANFORD

"Always Ballin in HD"
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#58 » by RedneckNiner » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:24 am

I_am_1z wrote:Anyone in the boat of getting Fournette or Foster with our first round pick, needs to meet an iceberg

I was in that boat then Foster lowered his shoulder and the iceberg became ice cubes for my Scotch. Foster will be an absolute beast.... one of my favorites since Earl Thomas on the defensive side. True I would prefer Garrett but Foster would be a great consolation prize.
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#59 » by The Hack » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Mike Williams?? Shanahan gets his Julio Jones and the WR core is set for whenever they get a permanent QB
SalemStoner
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#60 » by SalemStoner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:06 am

The Hack wrote:Mike Williams?? Shanahan gets his Julio Jones and the WR core is set for whenever they get a permanent QB

Garçon and Williams would make an excellent tandem. I think he would be a great choice... It's hard to find receivers of his size and quality.

John Ross and his ridiculously fast 40 might be a good option too.

Return to San Francisco 49ers