Are DeMarcus Cousins & Anthony Davis even a good fit?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Re: Are DeMarcus Cousins & Anthony Davis even a good fit? 

Post#321 » by Warriorfan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:06 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Bosnian Diehard wrote:They're the best frontcourt the NBA has seen in decades.

On paper, ever. I mean, success wise idk if there'll ever be anyone better than Parish and Mchale as a tandem but on paper has there ever been a better PF/C tandem?

Tim Duncan and David Robinson
Hakeem Olijuwon and Ralph Sampson

Wilt Chamberlain and Nate Thurmand.
Wes Unseld Elgin Hayes.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#322 » by JazzUte88 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:32 am

I've been disappointed in this so far, 2-6 and not necessarily all their fault, I expected these guys that are supposedly "all-stars" to be a bit better.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#323 » by GlenRiceARoni » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:53 am

An emphatic no.

RIP "TWIN TOWERS"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Excited about the Playoffs now that Durant has given other teams a fighting chance
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#324 » by joedumars1 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:34 am

Warriorfan wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
On paper, ever. I mean, success wise idk if there'll ever be anyone better than Parish and Mchale as a tandem but on paper has there ever been a better PF/C tandem?

Tim Duncan and David Robinson
Hakeem Olijuwon and Ralph Sampson

Wilt Chamberlain and Nate Thurmand.
Wes Unseld Elgin Hayes.

Not huge names, but I think Ben and Sheed would eat these two alive. Cousins would get all frustrated.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#325 » by 2011Champs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:26 pm

Davis and Cousins are a poor fit together unless Cousins wants to transform his game to stretch 4 or go to the bench to backup Davis. I believe Cousins is one of those statistically good players that doesn't help, maybe actually hurts the team. Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman like to the next level. Plenty of 20-10 games without helping team.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#326 » by SlowPaced » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:30 pm

2011Champs wrote:Davis and Cousins are a poor fit together unless Cousins wants to transform his game to stretch 4 or go to the bench to backup Davis. I believe Cousins is one of those statistically good players that doesn't help, maybe actually hurts the team. Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman like to the next level. Plenty of 20-10 games without helping team.

:banghead:

-----

AD and Cousins are a very good fit together, it'll simply take time. Both of them are used to carrying their teams on their shoulders. Both of them aren't exactly performing badly since getting together, the team has had trouble adjusting to them.
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#327 » by 2011Champs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:35 pm

SlowPaced wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Davis and Cousins are a poor fit together unless Cousins wants to transform his game to stretch 4 or go to the bench to backup Davis. I believe Cousins is one of those statistically good players that doesn't help, maybe actually hurts the team. Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman like to the next level. Plenty of 20-10 games without helping team.

-----

AD and Cousins are a very good fit together, it'll simply take time. Both of them are used to carrying their teams on their shoulders. Both of them aren't exactly performing badly since getting together, the team has had trouble adjusting to them.
Both on the floor together = horrible spacing
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,107

Post#328 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:38 pm

2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

-----

Lmao what?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,648

Post#329 » by PlatinumState » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:41 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:I've been disappointed in this so far, 2-6 and not necessarily all their fault, I expected these guys that are supposedly "all-stars" to be a bit better.

One of those wins was when Boogie sat out
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#330 » by Jkam31 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:41 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

-----

Lmao what?

He also thinks Boogie needs to become a stretch 4 like Boogie isn't a great 3 point shooter. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#331 » by 2011Champs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:49 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Both on the floor together = horrible spacing

Lmao what?

He also thinks Boogie needs to become a stretch 4 like Boogie isn't a great 3 point shooter. Smh

How many winning seasons does Boogie have in his career?
How well is Boogie/Davis frontcourt elevating the play of those around them?

Fine , put both players inside, both averaging 30-12ish and see how far the team goes. Something will have to be tweaked for Pelicans to actually win at anything. Right now the only thing Cousins/Davis frontcourt is good for is gaudy fantasy stats.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#332 » by SlowPaced » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:56 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Both on the floor together = horrible spacing

Lmao what?

I don't think he's seen Cousins play at all. Suggesting the idea of him backing up Davis is even considerable, saying he's in that Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman vein (whatever that is) and saying spacing would be horrible even though both AD and Boogie are capable three point shooters. Jesus Christ.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,697

Post#333 » by Viper1500 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:02 pm

This just isn't true. Look at Sacramento now without cousins, they are significantly worse.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#334 » by 2011Champs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:02 pm

SlowPaced wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Lmao what?

I don't think he's seen Cousins play at all. Suggesting the idea of him backing up Davis is even considerable, saying he's in that Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman vein (whatever that is) and saying spacing would be the issue. Jesus Christ.

Ok, so what is your great idea to turn Davis/Cousins from a stat padding duo into a playoff contender? It's obviously not working as is.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,107

Post#335 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:08 pm

2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

I don't think he's seen Cousins play at all. Suggesting the idea of him backing up Davis is even considerable, saying he's in that Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman vein (whatever that is) and saying spacing would be the issue. Jesus Christ.

Ok, so what is your great idea to turn Davis/Cousins from a stat padding duo into a playoff contender? It's obviously not working as is.

Have anyone not named Dante Cunningham, Jordan Crawford, Soloman Hill, & Hollis Thomson in your rotation.

Seriously after Jrue the drop off in talent is insane. For comparison sake, I dont think anyone who isnt DMC AD or JH would even be in most playoff teams rotations
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#336 » by Hoopz Afrik » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:12 pm

Dump Alvin Gentry and sign either Lionel Hollins or bring Monty Williams back. Two coaches I think can/will have the respect of DeMarcus. Also, I really believe their identity is going to come from toughness and on the defensive end and those two guys'll pay more attention to the defensive end than Gentry ever has. In the off season I think Boogie and Brow will figure out how to play alongside and off of eachother. It wasn't going to happen overnight but the clock is definitely ticking on production.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#337 » by 2011Champs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:14 pm

Viper1500 wrote:

This just isn't true. Look at Sacramento now without cousins, they are significantly worse.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Well past seven games I really don't see where Cousins would have turned those losses into wins other than maybe against the Nets. Sac had a tough schedule.
RatherUnique
Analyst
And1: 1,431

Post#338 » by RatherUnique » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:20 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

-----

Lmao what?

With the way Gentry is using them right now, he's right.

He has Demarcus posting up 5s while AD is spotting up behind the 3, which is stupid because AD is being guarded by a small forward (who's playing the 4 because of the smallball trend) and AD only shoots 30% from deep. He's still developing that shot.

The offense is an eyesore when both of them are on the court.

AD is the one with the mismatch, so he should be the one getting the lion's share of the touches when both of them are on the court. Instead, he only gets the ball consistently when Demarcus is on the bench.

It would open things up for everyone if you let AD post up the small forwards on the block, and have Cousins just outside the paint on the opposite baseline or spotting up for three.
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#339 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:23 pm

They have multiple 10 day contract dudes consistently in their rotation can we chill out a second?
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,703

Post#340 » by Yallbecrazy » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:30 pm

2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

Get some non garbage around them

Return to The General Board