Image Image Image Image

Mike Glennon

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Mike Glennon 

Post#61 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:40 pm

From what I've read he's working in adding Gilmore or Bouye. Gilmore was the first option but other teams started getting involved.

Also, there were several teams interested in Glennon. I think the Bears eventually just put forth a better offer. Also read something a couple days ago that Glennon prefers Chicago. So maybe other teams were offering similar contracts, or even better contracts, but he wanted Chicago and that made all the other teams move on. However it happened, clearly several teams were competing with Chicago or Glennon.

Looks like we're still working on Alshon. He must've wanted 14 a year and now he's seeing he'll get closer to 12.

I think it's good were not willing to offer Jefferson 8 a year. Shows we were serious about adding a safety but not willing to overpay. We need a ballhawk.

Also, Ricky Wagner apparently will sign a 1 year deal with Detroit. How the hell did they convince him to do that????

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#62 » by patryk7754 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:42 pm

Axxo wrote:Patryk7754 was right. Glennon deal is for 14.5M for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

We just have to sacrifice a goat or something for him to be good.

I think the bears have to resign Jeffery now. If you're gonna sign a QB to that type of deal he needs a top WR to throw to.
clancyphile
Junior
And1: 10

Post#63 » by clancyphile » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:01 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Patryk7754 was right. Glennon deal is for 14.5M for 3 years.

We just have to sacrifice a goat or something for him to be good.

I think the bears have to resign Jeffery now. If you're gonna sign a QB to that type of deal he needs a top WR to throw to.

Considering Cutler's averaged $18 million a year, I'd say Da Bears came out ahead by $3.5 million.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: Mike Glennon 

Post#64 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:46 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
I don't understand how you can not like Pace. What has he done poorly?

He is focusing on Glennon too much. Other key position FAs are signing elsewhere

True but this would he his first blemish on his resume. Since he's become the GM he's been one of the best, if not the best, at drafting and adding good to great free agents. That can't be ignored. Plus, he brought in a very god coaching staff in Fangio and Gase.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not for getting rid of Pace yet, but I have noticed flaws or things he hasn't done well. This is one of them IMO. We had better build a good defense/get toys for Fangio if he is going to roll with Glennon.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#65 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:16 pm

From a Bucs fan:

"All you people who have never watched him should not be commenting on how poor of a decision this is. Being a Bucs fan and watched his every game with us, I know he is a starter and if it wasnt for winston being available he would still be our starter today. He has a rocket arm, great pocket presence, tall, and can get it done. Had solid stats under 2 head coaches and 3 OCs in under two years. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE"

Idk, still feels like a desperation move. Hopefully it works out, but can't help but feel skeptical with this franchise at the QB position.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,893

Post#66 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:28 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:From a Bucs fan:

"All you people who have never watched him should not be commenting on how poor of a decision this is. Being a Bucs fan and watched his every game with us, I know he is a starter and if it wasnt for winston being available he would still be our starter today. He has a rocket arm, great pocket presence, tall, and can get it done. Had solid stats under 2 head coaches and 3 OCs in under two years. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE"

Idk, still feels like a desperation move. Hopefully it works out, but can't help but feel skeptical with this franchise at the QB position.

Even though I would have been happy with a Hoyer move, maybe the Bears wanted something new with more upside. Been there done that with Hoyer maybe?

Also, I dont think we sign a QB with the first rounder. Too many other glaring needs to address.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#67 » by patryk7754 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:34 pm

Deal reportedly 19mil guaranteed via Adam schefter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#68 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:09 pm

Best on the market, can't be mad at that. Interested to see if he drafts a QB early.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#69 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:20 pm

City of Trees wrote:Best on the market, can't be mad at that. Interested to see if he drafts a QB early.

Id rather have Hoyer and either Gilmore and Bouye and then the Demps signing and i would consider that winning so far but right now this is not looking good .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#70 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:25 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:From a Bucs fan:

Even though I would have been happy with a Hoyer move, maybe the Bears wanted something new with more upside. Been there done that with Hoyer maybe?

Also, I dont think we sign a QB with the first rounder. Too many other glaring needs to address.

No way we use a first on any of those QBs unless its in the twenties...that would be nuts based on their grades

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#71 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:35 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Best on the market, can't be mad at that. Interested to see if he drafts a QB early.

Id rather have Hoyer and either Gilmore and Bouye and then the Demps signing and i would consider that winning so far but right now this is not looking good .

Hoyer us a dead end with the writing already in the wall. At least with Glennon there is potential to be good. Given the cap situation, I prefer the gamble on Glennon over signing Hoyer.

Also, Gilmore was overpaid, Hard pass. On the other hand Bouye I'd consider overpaying.

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#72 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:48 pm

City of Trees wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:

Hoyer us a dead end with the writing already in the wall. At least with Glennon there is potential to be good. Given the cap situation, I prefer the gamble on Glennon over signing Hoyer.

Also, Gilmore was overpaid, Hard pass. On the other hand Bouye I'd consider overpaying.

How was Gilmore overpaid ? You think the cheapo Pats decided to overpay for Gilmore when they had Butler already ?

Everyone knew that Gilmore and Bouye were gonna set the market so its one thing to talk like you wanna stomp with the biog dogs but at some point you gotta put your money where your mouth is .

No matter how you try and add it up Hoyer + Gilmore/Bouye + Demps is better than Glennon + Demps .

You focus on getting Glennon but neither of the top DBs and you failed

Not to mention why are we still even talking to Alshon if you want him sign him if not move on . The Bears are cash flush and still trying to squeeze blood out of a rock
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#73 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm ok with Glennon signing b/c of the amount of guaranteed money committed. That makes it a reasonable risk esp with what is available out there. I think the Jets fans should be the most upset.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mike Glennon 

Post#74 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:13 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:[
No matter how you try and add it up Hoyer + Gilmore/Bouye + Demps is better than Glennon + Demps .
true but your talking as if free agency is already over when it hasn't even begun (officially). Revisit this Convo when the second waive in FA is over.

ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,601
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#75 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:49 pm

I don't think this is a bad deal. Its only $19M guaranteed, and $14.5M per year would make him the 23rd highest paid QB in the league. He's just have to be average to make this a good deal. I believe we'll draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and hope that either Glennon or the rookie pan out. At least Pace is finally being proactive about the QB position.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#76 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:52 pm

Apparently we need a wideout in the 1st round instead now...
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,723

Post#77 » by NZB2323 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 11:30 pm

Only one year is guaranteed. Worse case scenario, he's terrible and we cut him. Best case scenario, he's not terrible. This isn't a horrible desperation move like some people are making it out to be.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,340

Post#78 » by fleet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:05 am

NZB2323 wrote:Only one year is guaranteed. Worse case scenario, he's terrible and we cut him. Best case scenario, he's not terrible. This isn't a horrible desperation move like some people are making it out to be.

I think only 4 million is guaranteed after year 1. So I will say I like that part. But they damn well better be drafting a top QB this time
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
WIN
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#79 » by WIN » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:14 am

One thing's for sure, bears will suck again next yr.

It's a w/e move to me, don't care for it but not upset about it either. Pace better nail this draft, FA thus far has been underwhelming.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,340

Post#80 » by fleet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:53 am

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to Chicago Bears