Are DeMarcus Cousins & Anthony Davis even a good fit?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Re: Are DeMarcus Cousins & Anthony Davis even a good fit? 

Post#341 » by lordjeff05 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:32 pm

2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
He also thinks Boogie needs to become a stretch 4 like Boogie isn't a great 3 point shooter. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I don't think he's seen Cousins play at all. Suggesting the idea of him backing up Davis is even considerable, saying he's in that Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman vein (whatever that is) and saying spacing would be the issue. Jesus Christ.

Ok, so what is your great idea to turn Davis/Cousins from a stat padding duo into a playoff contender? It's obviously not working as is.

They are generating open shots. They just need folks to make them at league average levels and we are talking about a 5 and 3 team rather than a 2 and 6 team.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Post#342 » by lordjeff05 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:33 pm

RatherUnique wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Both on the floor together = horrible spacing

Lmao what?

With the way Gentry is using them right now, he's right.

He has Demarcus posting up 5s while AD is spotting up behind the 3, which is stupid because AD is being guarded by a small forward (who's playing the 4 because of the smallball trend) and AD only shoots 30% from deep. He's still developing that shot.

The offense is an eyesore when both of them are on the court.

AD is the one with the mismatch, so he should be the one getting the lion's share of the touches when both of them are on the court. Instead, he only gets the ball consistently when Demarcus is on the bench.

It would open things up for everyone if you let AD post up the small forwards on the block, and have Cousins just outside the paint on the opposite baseline or spotting up for three.

Demarcus was on the perimeter a lot last night.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#343 » by Throwback24 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:34 pm

They lost to one of the premier teams in the lg last night, no reason to panac
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,255

Post#344 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:29 pm

Throwback24 wrote:They lost to one of the premier teams in the lg last night, no reason to panac

I'm noticing a trend. In every loss, they were playing someone good or even average (Dallas). Well, if they can't beat the good teams, even at home, you can't make the playoffs.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#345 » by Jkam31 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:20 pm

2011Champs wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Davis and Cousins are a poor fit together unless Cousins wants to transform his game to stretch 4 or go to the bench to backup Davis. I believe Cousins is one of those statistically good players that doesn't help, maybe actually hurts the team. Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman like to the next level. Plenty of 20-10 games without helping team.

This just isn't true. Look at Sacramento now without cousins, they are significantly worse.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Well past seven games I really don't see where Cousins would have turned those losses into wins other than maybe against the Nets. Sac had a tough schedule.

At this point you're just embarrassing yourself if you knew what you were talking about you'd know this is actually one of our easier parts of the schedule

dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#346 » by dautjazz » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:31 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:They lost to one of the premier teams in the lg last night, no reason to panac

I'm noticing a trend. In every loss, they were playing someone good or even average (Dallas). Well, if they can't beat the good teams, even at home, you can't make the playoffs.

Yep, they are playing worse than before the trade, no reason to panic lol.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#347 » by 2011Champs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:31 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
2011Champs wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:This just isn't true. Look at Sacramento now without cousins, they are significantly worse.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Well past seven games I really don't see where Cousins would have turned those losses into wins other than maybe against the Nets. Sac had a tough schedule.

At this point you're just embarrassing yourself if you knew what you were talking about you'd know this is actually one of our easier parts of the schedule

Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz, Twolves?
None of these teams can be overlooked. Nuggets and Wolves are better than their record suggests. It's not like playing Lakers, Suns, 76ers. If that is the easy part of your schedule you all are screwed. Lol
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,068

Post#348 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:41 pm

Told you so, Cousins = Dwight 2.0, both of them are not winner.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#349 » by hongdayuan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:41 pm

On paper they should work, but a few things missing:

1. Their guards are horrible at feeding the ball to them. Last night boogie had to catch the ball too far from the basket, thus spending too much time to get the rim, allowing help defence to come.

2. Not enough shooter for the defence to respect them and spread out more, thus making their post operation more difficult.

If u switch out ad/boogie with Blake/DJ, there won't be fitting issue at all between boogie and ad.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#350 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:47 pm

hongdayuan wrote:On paper they should work, but a few things missing:

Why should they work on paper? On paper Cousins is a high volume/low efficiency scorer that plays the exact same position as Anthony Davis. That sounds terrible.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,720

Re: RE: Re: Are DeMarcus Cousins & Anthony Davis even a good fit? 

Post#351 » by G35 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:51 pm

Yallbecrazy wrote:
2011Champs wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
I don't think he's seen Cousins play at all. Suggesting the idea of him backing up Davis is even considerable, saying he's in that Antoine Walker/Chris Kaman vein (whatever that is) and saying spacing would be the issue. Jesus Christ.

Ok, so what is your great idea to turn Davis/Cousins from a stat padding duo into a playoff contender? It's obviously not working as is.

Get some non garbage around them

People are acting like this is some easy thing to do.

What did LeBron say, "We are as top heavy as ####"

What happened to the warriors when Durant went down? The warriors have went 2-3 and have looked horrible I offense and defense due to lack of depth.

When you sign max players... stay with me on this point... You lose your depth and miss level players. I know crazy huh. What happens with these top heavy teams is more of the burden is placed at the top to carry the rest of the team.

Like someone said, when Durant went down it would be like the warriors losing Bogut, Ezeli, Barbosa, Barnes, and Speights.

So I don't know how people are thinking the pelicans are gong to get all this uber talent. They already have uber talent... that talent needs to do its job.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using RealGM mobile app
I'm so tired of the typical......
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#352 » by hongdayuan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:51 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Why should they work on paper? On paper Cousins is a high volume/low efficiency scorer that plays the exact same position as Anthony Davis. That sounds terrible.

Boogie being the most complete offensive big in the league combined with ad who has good jumper. There is no spacing issue and both of them have good passing for their position. Unfair to judge cousins efficiency when he plays with who he plays with on the kings
Shaud
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,061

Post#353 » by Shaud » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:51 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Told you so, Cousins = Dwight 2.0, both of them are not winner.

You were already wrong considering Dwight has made it to the NBA finals
GermanFan120
Analyst

Post#354 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:35 pm

Shaud wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Told you so, Cousins = Dwight 2.0, both of them are not winner.

Dwight did make to the final, then what happened after?
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#355 » by nikster » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:40 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
Shaud wrote:

And all other Hall of Famers who never won a ring, Are they all losers? Dwight Carried a team to the NBA finals as the sole superstar. That in itself is impressive as hell.
GermanFan120
Analyst

Post#356 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:45 pm

nikster wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Shaud wrote:You were already wrong considering Dwight has made it to the NBA finals

And all other Hall of Famers who never won a ring, Are they all losers? Dwight Carried a team to the NBA finals as the sole superstar. That in itself is impressive as hell.

When did I say all other Hall of Famers who never won a ring are all losers?
Players can be a winner even if they don't have a ring and vice versa.

Dwight wasted his talent and didn't accomplish much. If he is a winner, how come not many teams are interested in him at free agency?
Torres
Sixth Man
And1: 1,156

Post#357 » by Torres » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:53 pm

at least give them a training camp together
Image Image
blitz41
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#358 » by blitz41 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:02 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Is this a joke lol, you added a guy averaging 27.8 and 10.7 boards to a guy averaging 27.8 and 11.7 boards. This is the definition of on paper.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#359 » by KingFox » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:24 pm

Holiday is good but The rest of that roster is D league level other than maybe two other average guys at best. Can't blame this all star duo
Arco Thunder
Sophomore
And1: 253

Post#360 » by Arco Thunder » Thu Mar 9, 2017 11:26 pm

I swear after Cousins retires his fanboys will still be making excuses for why he never did anything in this league.

Return to The General Board