RealGM
And1: 3,407

Re: Free Agency 

Post#201 » by transplant » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:25 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:K

Who cares. Probably Barth

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app

Barth was re-signed per Bears website.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#202 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:58 pm

So we started with 62mil in cap. Cut Royal. Added (starters) Glennon, Amukamara, Demps, (key role players) Wheaton, Sims, Barth. Probably have around 25-30 million left.

Still need

Starters:
WR (Pryor, Boldin, Wright, Hunter, Aiken)
OT (Beachum, Bell)
DL (Poe, Hankins or draft)

Backups:
QB (Foles or draft)
RB (Ellington, Burkhead, Michael)
KR (Patterson or draft)
OLB (draft)
OT (draft)

I think we need to make a really strong push for WR and OT in free agency still. Should have just enough money.

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: Free Agency 

Post#203 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:01 pm

City of Trees wrote:I like all of the signings so far. Keeping my fingers crossed for Pryor however it sounds like he wants big money so I question if Pace is willing to deal.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

We reportedly offered Jeffery an extension worth 13/yr. I'm willing to go as high as that for Pryor. We need to add a playmaker at the position. If not him, we'll need to get one in round 1, which only makes sense if we trade back.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#204 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 pm

This is amazing: With RGIII's release, 21 of 32 picks from 2012 1st round have either changed teams, are out of football, suspended, or unsigned free agents.

ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,575
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#205 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 pm

I think the Sims signing is underrated. He's huge and a great blocking TE that will help solidify the outside line to keep our new immobile QB safe.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#206 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 pm

City of Trees wrote:This is amazing: With RGIII's release, 21 of 32 picks from 2012 1st round have either changed teams, are out of football, suspended, or unsigned free agents.

So imagine reaching for one of these QBs in upcoming this draft in the first round....

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,575
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#207 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:This is amazing: With RGIII's release, 21 of 32 picks from 2012 1st round have either changed teams, are out of football, suspended, or unsigned free agents.

So imagine reaching for one of these QBs in upcoming this draft in the first round....

That's exactly why we signed Glennon to what is basically a 1-year deal. So we're in a position to not have to reach for any of those guys.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#208 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Anybody who does is going to be in the same kind of situation CLE and NYJ are in now.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#209 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Pryor to the redskins for 1 year 8 mill. Does he have off filed issues or something? Wondering why the Bears didn't go after him.

Rather have him than Wheaton.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#210 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:44 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:Pryor to the redskins for 1 year 8 mill. Does he have off filed issues or something? Wondering why the Bears didn't go after him.

Apparently, he has a reputation as not being the most likeable guy. Still though, at that price, this one kinda stings.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#211 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:Pryor to the redskins for 1 year 8 mill. Does he have off filed issues or something? Wondering why the Bears didn't go after him.

Apparently, he has a reputation as not being the most likeable guy. Still though, at that price, this one kinda stings.

I read that players are hesitant to come here. The organization is not viewed as one with a winning culture among the players. Kind of explains why Amukamara only signed for one year and why we only got mediocre signings at the other positions.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#212 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:So we started with 62mil in cap. Cut Royal. Added (starters) Glennon, Amukamara, Demps, (key role players) Wheaton, Sims, Barth. Probably have around 25-30 million left.

Still need

Starters:
OT (Beachum, Bell)

Backups:
QB (Foles or draft)
KR (Patterson or draft)
OLB (draft)
OT (draft)

I think we need to make a really strong push for WR and OT in free agency still. Should have just enough money.

So I guess Boldin, Poe up next?
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Only 8 million????? NOOOOOOOOOO

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#214 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Axxo wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:So we started with 62mil in cap. Cut Royal. Added (starters) Glennon, Amukamara, Demps, (key role players) Wheaton, Sims, Barth. Probably have around 25-30 million left.

Still need

Starters:
OT (Beachum, Bell)

Backups:
QB (Foles or draft)
KR (Patterson or draft)
OLB (draft)
OT (draft)

So I guess Boldin, Poe up next?

I'd still target an OT in FA since there isn't any top tier talent at tackle or much depth in the draft. There is top level talent and depth at DL in the draft. Plus if Bell or Beachum are still available we can probably get them with a cheaper and more valuable contract than Poe or Hankins

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#215 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

I read that players are hesitant to come here. The organization is not viewed as one with a winning culture among the players. Kind of explains why Amukamara only signed for one year and why we only got mediocre signings at the other positions.

I don't know about all of that. I mean, when you only win 3 games and haven't made the playoffs in who knows when, I suppose it's easy to get a bad reputation. However, one year deals seem to be the in thing this off season. Pryor, Jeffery, Amukamara, etc. There was no indication that the Bears were even pursuing Pryor though. So that doesn't lend itself to guys not wanting to come here. The Bears just seem to be highly selective with who they are going after. Whether it will pay off or not is a secondary conversation.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#216 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:

Only 8 million????? NOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, at that price point, I probably would've moved on that. Unless people know things that we don't know. It's not like there were a ton of teams after him given the reports.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#217 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

Eh... Bears aren't exactly throwing money at any FA right now.

The jaguars have no issue signing any player, but tthey actually have and do offer bigger contracts right now.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst

Post#218 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:Apparently, he has a reputation as not being the most likeable guy. Still though, at that price, this one kinda stings.

I don't know about all of that. I mean, when you only win 3 games and haven't made the playoffs in who knows when, I suppose it's easy to get a bad reputation. However, one year deals seem to be the in thing this off season. Pryor, Jeffery, Amukamara, etc. There was no indication that the Bears were even pursuing Pryor though. So that doesn't lend itself to guys not wanting to come here. The Bears just seem to be highly selective with who they are going after. Whether it will pay off or not is a secondary conversation.

I read they were. I got a notification to my phone and this is online.
http://www.neosportsinsiders.com/chicago-bears-interested-terrelle-pryor/
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#219 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:46 am

Patriots just traded for Brandin Cooks :crazy: :nonono:
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#220 » by Axxo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 am

Falcons scared the bleep out of them with the match up nightmares. Also can't bank on a decimated Packers roster again. Pats getting out in front.

Return to Chicago Bears