Ball Family & Big Baller Brand Megathread

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#141 » by jason bourne » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 am

Ball's father talks too much, but now he's stepping over the line criticizing NBA players and saying things like his son doesn't want to play for this team or that team and his son should be on the Lakers. It could blow up and become a big deal.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#142 » by fouronesix22 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:26 am

Ball's dad is like the basketball version of donald trump. dude needs to stfu
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,445

Post#143 » by Saints14 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 am

fouronesix22 wrote:Ball's dad is like the basketball version of donald trump. dude needs to stfu

Damn, came here to post this haha

At some point it becomes less on him and more about the media that keep giving him attention for dumb quotes and clickbait
Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#144 » by Tim Reynolds » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:22 am

LeBron signed a billion-dollar deal with Nike, so I understand him wanting to make that a goal if it includes all three children.

Except it was a LIFETIME deal. One that he got after winning multiple championships and established himself as the premier basketball player in the world for years. Kinda has a negotiating edge, although he is one person, rather then three.

Also, if he theoretically did negotiate a billion-dollar deal for all three of them, for whatever length of time.... wouldn't that mean LaMelo and LiAngelo would be forced to play overseas instead of the NCAA, due to marketing restrictions? Unless he waited until all three made the NBA, but there's no way he's going to want to wait that long for a deal.

So here's what will happen: A Chinese company will give the Ball family the ridiculous contract they're seeking, a billion-dollars(plus share of profits after the company has recooped the original billion dollars) for a lifetime deal with all three kids, LaMelo and LiAngelo play in the CBA for a year instead of UCLA like Lonzo(LaVar to kids: "Mudiay did it! You saying your not as tough as Mudiay?!"), they build a following in China from amazing half-court shots and general bravado, then come to NBA. Lonzo will be on Lakers, and will be able to draft one of his brothers because the Lakers are still a lottery-bound team.

Meanwhile, Big Baller Brand shoes and apparel comes out ugly and cheap, making Stephen Marbury's shoes look great, sell alright because they're cheap but don't ever take off and while the Ball family gets their billion, are stuck with the company and don't ever make any royalties because the company doesn't make anywhere near a billion off the deal(although LaVar will loudly complain that "there's no way" that they didn't make over a billion off them, files a lawsuit, and loses), and the Ball children become solid players with occasionally crazy moments that make us remember the hype, but ultimately end up not being stars.

In the end LaVar will have been wise from a financial aspect to help hype them up and get a crazy deal while their stock was high because none of them end up being superstars and combined make less then half as much playing basketball as they do from the mega-endorsement deal they landed before hitting the NBA.

The End.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
Chalk1
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#145 » by Chalk1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:19 am

He's setting his children up for a big fall.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,834

Post#146 » by Sofia » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 am

If I'm Luke Walton, I coach my ass off for the rest of the season. Grind my players down to get wins, **** the tank, just anything I can to lose that pick so the Ball family is someone else's problem.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#147 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 am

Sofia wrote:If I'm Luke Walton, I coach my ass off for the rest of the season. Grind my players down to get wins, **** the tank, just anything I can to lose that pick so the Ball family is someone else's problem.

Why not just pass on him? That would be the most hilarious thing... he says his son will only play for the Lakers and then the Lakers pass on him because of his dad. Nothing would slap you down a few notches quicker than that. :lol:

I remember Brandon Jennings said something similar about going to New York... and New York passed on him at 8 for Jordan Hill. Jennings said he was going to make New York pay... they paid alright.. for half of this season before trading his ass :lol: :lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#148 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:46 am

Can we get extra lotto pick just cause Sliver?! We will make the NBA Great again- haha just kidding , or maybe not.

Yours truly Crazy Laker fan :)
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#149 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:48 am

Sofia wrote:If I'm Luke Walton, I coach my ass off for the rest of the season. Grind my players down to get wins, **** the tank, just anything I can to lose that pick so the Ball family is someone else's problem.

What is this basketball torture for getting magic!? Or James Worthy!?!
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#150 » by HotTubMike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:50 am

Lavar Ball seems like a sad sad man.... I mean actively and obviously looking forward to getting rich off the backs of your kids is pathetic.
kukenotas
Junior
And1: 71

Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#151 » by kukenotas » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:13 am

jason bourne wrote:Ball's father talks too much, but now he's stepping over the line criticizing NBA players and saying things like his son doesn't want to play for this team or that team and his son should be on the Lakers. It could blow up and become a big deal.

Hes trying to pull kobe trick. Just remember kobe draft, how his agent pulled him to la.
Of course la is the best for ballz - easiest marketplace to become worldwide star-la stars, holywood, magazine covers, movie stars, relations- than somewhere in philly - lower market no holywood stars, shining embiid, would be a lot harder to pull ballz shoe brand as they are trying to do.

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app
Warriors07
Rookie
And1: 750

Post#152 » by Warriors07 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:02 am

HotTubMike wrote:Lavar Ball seems like a sad sad man.... I mean actively and obviously looking forward to getting rich off the backs of your kids is pathetic.

$$$ is so overrated these days, is life just about $$$
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#153 » by Torgeir Bryn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 am

fouronesix22 wrote:Ball's dad is like the basketball version of donald trump. dude needs to stfu

So he's a winner?
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,834

Post#154 » by Sofia » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 am

Torgeir Bryn wrote:

So he's a winner?

#imwithFultz
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#155 » by cavs4life03 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:54 am

This kids are all over rated. Their dad just needs to shut his mouth and have his kids let the game speak for itself.
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#156 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Fact is the world needs more dad's like him and less critics.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#157 » by NYKHardKnock » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm

City of Trees wrote:Fact is the world needs more dad's like him and less critics.

The difference is he's making statements in the public, there would be nothing wrong if he had those opinions and kept it to his son. It comes off as obnoxious
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball father will be a problem 

Post#158 » by City of Trees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Fact is the world needs more dad's like him and less critics.

The difference is he's making statements in the public, there would be nothing wrong if he had those opinions and kept it to his son. It comes off as obnoxious

I don't have a problem with it.

Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#159 » by Zombiesonics » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't think we need more fathers stealing the limelight from their star athlete kids, guy is selling 60$ tee shirts that are probably gilden and claiming he could beat Michael Jordan 1v1 back in the day lmao.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#160 » by sims » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm

it's pretty obvious that gelo has no future in basketball. lavar is free to do whatever he chooses, but i don't think he's doing his son any favors by setting all-world expectations that have no chance of being met for everyone to see and dissect in public. D1 is going to expose the other brothers badly - i can't blame him for trying to cash in on all this nonsense while he still can.

Return to The General Board