Is Durant now the Savior?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

wonkrazyz28
Junior
And1: 710

Re: Is Durant now the Savior? 

Post#21 » by wonkrazyz28 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Hogwash.

The reason why the Warriors stink right now is because their team is gutted. You have 3 guys who are good, and the rest are bottom bench trash. It was only inevitable that this would happen. They gutted their 2nd unit in order to get Durant. Now its being exposed.

That and Curry coming back to normal levels after the last 2 years isn't helping either.
Everybody was on Kerr's jock as the greatest new phenomenon coach in the league. I noticed now he slowly is turning into the scapegoat.

Who didn't see this happening?
msr999
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#22 » by msr999 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm

wonkrazyz28 wrote:Hogwash.

The reason why the Warriors stink right now is because their team is gutted. You have 3 guys who are good, and the rest are bottom bench trash. It was only inevitable that this would happen. They gutted their 2nd unit in order to get Durant. Now its being exposed.

That and Curry coming back to normal levels after the last 2 years isn't helping either.
Everybody was on Kerr's jock as the greatest new phenomenon coach in the league. I noticed now he slowly is turning into the scapegoat.

Are you kidding me? They got 4 legit all stars and 2 are MVPs. Yes they lost some depth but the big reason for their troubles is the play of Curry. He is playing at an all star level instead of MVP level.
wonkrazyz28
Junior
And1: 710

Post#23 » by wonkrazyz28 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:54 pm

msr999 wrote:

Are you kidding me? They got 4 legit all stars and 2 are MVPs. Yes they lost some depth but the big reason for their troubles is the play of Curry. He is playing at an all star level instead of MVP level.

Without Durant they don't. That was my point.
That and even then, I would say Draymond is highly overrated
sophie23
Junior
And1: 127

Post#24 » by sophie23 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Last year it was the team with a chemistry, builed chemistry. There was Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa. They played a big role and created a great atmosphere.

KD was brought and replaced them. The unique chemistry is gone. They are building something else. Now Kd is gone is like barnes speights bogut ezeli were gone.

He is no savior. It is just what assets they sacrificed and now they are hurt more because of this.

Sent from my SM-G920F using RealGM mobile app
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#25 » by cavs4life03 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Remember that playoff game that westbrook told durant to play with heart. Siiiiigh good memories.
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#26 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 pm

I recall earlier this year when I said this GS team didn't have near the depth and all it would take is one of the big 4 to go down, especially Curry or Durant, and they would be worse than last season. I was told that the depth is the same, even though it is clear it is not. Livingston, and at times the aging Iggy are good off the bench, and that's about it. GS is reduced tp the fact that is Curry doesn't go 5 or 6 of 10 from three they struggle.

Yes Curry is struggling with a slump, but this GS team doesn't have the same depth/feel as they did last year.

There is no reason they should have this much trouble while still having a healthy Curry, Klay, and Draymond... those 3 led them to two finals appearances.

It will get better, I do think GS will get it going here soon even w/o KD, but GS is not at that untouchable level many people had them at this year, even with KD to be honest. I actually fear GS less this year than I did last year to be honest if I am a team. People seem to have them figured out better, and Curry's slump is starting to feel like simply regression, for what reason who knows. I would say part people figuring him out, part mental, and part worn out from the last few long run years.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,461

Post#27 » by Chinook » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:15 pm

He's only the savior if he ends up saving them. They get him back only to fall to Houston in the semis, he didn't save anything.

That said, I've been on board with the idea that GS was going to decline if they kept the roster together again. It's just not easy to make three Finals in a row. It may not have shown up in their regular-season record, but they would have been vulnerable, and that's ignoring Bogut getting injured.
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#28 » by fouronesix22 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:15 pm

I think charles barkley said it best that this is like training camp for these guys. When you lose an MVP like Durant everybody has to adjust . Now no one ever thought Curry and Klay would be slipping a little bit in terms of shooting but good for them they have one month to figure this out and if they do get durant then they're good.
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#29 » by cavs4life03 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:22 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:I recall earlier this year when I said this GS team didn't have near the depth and all it would take is one of the big 4 to go done, especially Curry or Durant, and they would be worse than last season. I was told that the depth is the same, even though it is clear it is not. Livingston, and at times the aging Iggy are good off the bench, and that's about it. GS is reduced tp the fact that is Curry doesn't go 5 or 6 of 10 from three they struggle.

Yes Curry is struggling with a slump, but this GS team doesn't have the same depth/feel as they did last year.

There is no reason they should have this much trouble while still having a healthy Curry, Klay, and Draymond... those 3 led them to two finals appearances.

It will get better, I do think GS will get it going here soon even w/o KD, but GS is not at that untouchable level many people had them at this year, even with KD to be honest. I actually fear GS less this year than I did last year to be honest if I am a team. People seem to have them figured out better, and Curry's slump is starting to feel like simply regression, for what reason who knows. I would say part people figuring him out, part mental, and part worn out from the last few long run years.

If thats the case i wonder how lebron feels. Hes runs have been longer. Cant wait for the playoffs thats for sure.
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#30 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:33 pm

cavs4life03 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:I recall earlier this year when I said this GS team didn't have near the depth and all it would take is one of the big 4 to go done, especially Curry or Durant, and they would be worse than last season. I was told that the depth is the same, even though it is clear it is not. Livingston, and at times the aging Iggy are good off the bench, and that's about it. GS is reduced tp the fact that is Curry doesn't go 5 or 6 of 10 from three they struggle.

If thats the case i wonder how lebron feels. Hes runs have been longer. Cant wait for the playoffs thats for sure.

LeBron is just a freak of nature on a whole different level haha. The man is a gym rat, and I am not sure the man has taken a day off to relax in his lifetime. I am not sure other situations, but he has his own personal cryotherapy chambers to rejuvenate himself, and I think I heard before he has one of those sensory deprivation tanks that has you float in complete blackness with no sounds in salt water.

Heck he even goes to battle daily with his hair loss lol.
Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#31 » by Kswiss » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:40 pm

nurseryc wrote:
Torchmode wrote:KD is probably loving the warriors right now. They cant win a game without him.

Did he go from "riding the splash bros coattails to the savior"?

No. Confirms just how important Bogut and Barnes were to the Warriors in the regular season.

Barnes played like 20 games
Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#32 » by Kswiss » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Draymonds been decent actually so they really have 4 good players. Curry, Thompson, McGee + Draymond
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#33 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm

That what thunder fans thought for while to. Actually one playoff series a go .
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#34 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 pm

If i were warriors fans, and i had to pick one guy ,it would be Curry. Crappy shooting and all right now.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#35 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Ill admit I'm surprised at how bad the warriors became without him - they went from an Unstoppable super team to an okay team that's beatable by pretty much anyone if they have a good game. I did not expect this to happen at all.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#36 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Torchmode wrote:KD is probably loving the warriors right now. They cant win a game without him.

You might be on to something. He should leave Golden St's scrubs and come to Boston this time around.
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#37 » by GreenBloodedC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Why would KD be saving anything. He only went to GS to have fun.
10DayContract
Starter
And1: 2,267

Post#38 » by 10DayContract » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm

People won't admit how great Kevin Durant is at basketball because he hurt their feelings, but look at what we're witnessing. You guys say Curry is in a slump, but why is he slumping at the exact time Durant is gone after 100s of games of insane dominance? How come GS can't score anymore? Why is their rebounding and defense much worse?

You guys will come in and say, "Well, when you lose a top 5 player, your team gets worse, duh!" But that's the point. You all tell me someone is the MVP of the league because his team is worse without him. Last month GS was a super team, a team that on paper and with analytics looked like one of the best teams in history. Today, we're not even sure they make it out the 1st round.

Last year was last year, and if we're being honest, by the very end of The Finals GS was done. Don't tell me about the regular season of last year, because THAT TEAM isn't walking through that door. Today, GS looks bad, and they looked very good with Durant.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,283

Post#39 » by phanman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm

The reason why the Warriors stink right now is because their team is gutted.You have 3 guys who are good, and the rest are bottom bench trash. It was only inevitable that this would happen. They gutted their 2nd unit in order to get Durant. Now its being exposed.

What a wild statement. Even though they lost some depth, they still did a pretty good job at replacing them. Obviously the addition of Durant would have depleted a bit, but it wasn't gutted or "trash"

Iggy =/= Iggy
Livingston =/= Livingston
McAdoo =/= McAdoo

Clark =/= Barbosa
Zaza/McGee =/= Bogut/Ezeli

Speights > West (side note: crazy how much he has fallen off since leaving Indiana)
Durant >> Barnes
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Post#40 » by JAY DASH » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:43 pm

nurseryc wrote:

No. Confirms just how important Bogut and Barnes were to the Warriors in the regular season.

Add in Speights, Barbosa, and Ezeli to a degree as well....but right now they're trying to replace Harrison Barnes, a skilled scorer, knockdown shooter (usually), and most importantly a solid defender of SF's and PF's, with Matt Barnes and McCaw. That's not going to go well. Essentially the team is fully dependent on two jump shooters now. There's nothing special about Golden State until KD gets back....and we really don't know when he will be ready for full action.

Return to The General Board