ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#1981 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 pm

RaZzMaTaZz wrote:Torres is having a great spring as well. I know this is not gonna happen but i wish he could make the roster on opening day and play 3rd base over Headley.

Ellsbury- LF
Didi- SS
Sanchez- C
Holliday- DH
Bird- 1B
Castro- 2B
Gardner- LF
Judge- RF
Torres- 3B

What a lineup! :o

Torres will most likely start in the minors but if he stays hot and Headley or Castro struggle I can see him getting called up early.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1982 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Polk377 wrote:
RaZzMaTaZz wrote:Torres is having a great spring as well. I know this is not gonna happen but i wish he could make the roster on opening day and play 3rd base over Headley.

Ellsbury- LF
Didi- SS
Sanchez- C
Holliday- DH
Bird- 1B
Castro- 2B
Gardner- LF
Judge- RF
Torres- 3B

Torres will most likely start in the minors but if he stays hot and Headley or Castro struggle I can see him getting called up early.

I agree. I think Torres projects as a 3B down the line, so I can see us moving Headley at around July, and giving the job to Torres. I expect Gardner/Headley moved at the deadline this year.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1983 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Polk377 wrote:

Ellsbury- LF
Didi- SS
Sanchez- C
Holliday- DH
Bird- 1B
Castro- 2B
Gardner- LF
Judge- RF
Torres- 3B

I'd be surprised if that happened. Torres is still really young and the Yankees aren't the type to rush their prospects especially the position players. It's possible because Torres is that talented but I still would be surprised.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,124

Post#1984 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You guys have a lot of hitting on this team, it appears. Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm still surprised that the Yanks didn't make a move for one or two vet pitchers on the cheap. With some decent pitching, you guys might have a shot at a wild card.

Hey Wingy, no offense my dude...but why is your chocolate always up in our peanut butter?

Is it just a case of wondering how the other half lives? You enjoy peeking over the fence? 8-)

It's because he's old and his eyes can't distinguish between chocolate and peanut butter.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#1985 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm

moocow007 wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You guys have a lot of hitting on this team, it appears. Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm still surprised that the Yanks didn't make a move for one or two vet pitchers on the cheap. With some decent pitching, you guys might have a shot at a wild card.

Hey Wingy, no offense my dude...but why is your chocolate always up in our peanut butter?

Is it just a case of wondering how the other half lives? You enjoy peeking over the fence? 8-)

It's because he's old and his eyes can't distinguish between chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a passing fascination with the Yankees. I like to see them do well, except when they play the Metsies.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1986 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:

I thought I was being supportive. I like seeing the NY teams do well. Makes the subway series more fun.

Getting back to the Yanks, Jason Hammel would've been a nice FA signing. Won 15 games for the Cubbies last season and signed for only 2 years/$16M. I don't recall with which team tho.

Oh yeah, I did chime in about Niese. Just giving you guys a heads up so that you're not that disappointed when shyt happens. :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1987 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:

I thought I was being supportive. I like seeing the NY teams do well. Makes the subway series more fun.

Getting back to the Yanks, Jason Hammel would've been a nice FA signing. Won 15 games for the Cubbies last season and signed for only 2 years/$16M. I don't recall with which team tho.

Oh yeah, I did chime in about Niese. Just giving you guys a heads up so that you're not that disappointed when shyt happens. :lol:

I think there have been some concerns about Hammel's endurance. He's been the type to not end seasons well. I guess Yankees didn't think he was a good fit for them. Also it seems, my take, but it seems Niese is the backup,mop-up guy here. I don't see a clearly defined role for him yet on this team. Maybe they use him situationally in the bullpen though.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1988 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:01 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:Hey Wingy, no offense my dude...but why is your chocolate always up in our peanut butter?

I think there have been some concerns about Hammel's endurance. He's been the type to not end seasons well. I guess Yankees didn't think he was a good fit for them. Also it seems, my take, but it seems Niese is the backup,mop-up guy here. I don't see a clearly defined role for him yet on this team. Maybe they use him situationally in the bullpen though.

I would think you'd use him simply as a LOOGY out of the pen. He's lost about 4-5 mph on his fastball which sits around 86-88 now. He just doesn't have the same stuff as he had earlier in his career. His curveball, which was spectacular, is more loopy now and doesn't have that sharp bite to it. He also throws a cutter which he seems to fall in love with too much. But the thing that frustrated Mets fans the most was his temperament on the mound. He'd get upset when fielders made and error and he'd lose his composure on the mound.

But other than that, he was great. :lol:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1989 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:15 am

America beat Venezuela and Puerto Rico stopped the losing streak to the D.R.

Oh and Cuba sucks. Japan once again, rising!
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1990 » by Polk377 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Well here is why the WBC sucks. Didi injured his right shoulder yesterday and is headed back for an MRI. It would be a huge loss for the Yankees if he is out an extended period of time. It comes back to is it worth it for these players to play in the WBC?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1991 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 am

Polk377 wrote:Well here is why the WBC sucks. Didi injured his right shoulder yesterday and is headed back for an MRI. It would be a huge loss for the Yankees if he is out an extended period of time. It comes back to is it worth it for these players to play in the WBC?

If a player gets hurt in the Olympics or FIBA games, is it worth it? I say yes. Can't control destiny. The players put 110% into the WBC
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#1992 » by N8isScofield » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 am

There are some serious rotation concerns and obviously we have to see how our young guys who break camp with the club as well as the blue chippers who could potentially come up this season fare but I've got to give Cashman some credit. I always thought he was just an extremely lucky buffoon who benefited from having the biggest wallet in free agency but he has turned the farm around and put the big league club in a position to be competitive with youth much quicker than I thought he could. If all the kids can continue to progress and he can make a splash in free agency next winter we could be looking at a juggernaut for years to come.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1993 » by Polk377 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 am

Mecca wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Well here is why the WBC sucks. Didi injured his right shoulder yesterday and is headed back for an MRI. It would be a huge loss for the Yankees if he is out an extended period of time. It comes back to is it worth it for these players to play in the WBC?

If a player gets hurt in the Olympics or FIBA games, is it worth it? I say yes. Can't control destiny. The players put 110% into the WBC

The Olympics are mostly comprised of amateurs except for basketball. FIBA is a disaster for so many other reasons. Professionals should put their teams first since they pay you for your services.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#1994 » by Phish Tank » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 am

didn't Tex hurt his wrist playing in the WBC, which basically accelerated his decline even further?

To be fair, injuries happen even in Spring Training... some of it's just bad luck
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,124

Post#1995 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 am

If a team was paying me a lot of money I probably would eschew playing in things like the WBC and Olympics. I understand all of the pride and for your country thing but I feel like I have an obligation to make sure that my focus is on doing whatever it takes to do the best I can for the team that is paying me. I would totally understand if the team tells me not to play.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,241

Post#1996 » by Papi_swav » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:40 am

BORIQUA !!!!! A puerto rico ! whaaaaaat ! A puerto rico whaaaaaaat !
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1997 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm

USA v Japan. Must see.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,990

Post#1998 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:America beat Venezuela and Puerto Rico stopped the losing streak to the D.R.

Oh and Cuba sucks. Japan once again, rising!

OK, my dude. THIS Cuban team sucks...correct. Now, had they access to Cuban MLB'ers I think they'd be pretty damn good.

Japan is a legit All Star team, and they look the part. Big game tonight...can't wait!

Any reports on Didi yet? Fingers crossed.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1999 » by F N 11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Didi hurt smh. Hopefully its minor.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#2000 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Didis injury sounds like a deep bruise. Hopefully it doesn't morph into something else. How'd he hurt it anyway?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard

Return to New York Knicks