Unnamed Warrior Player: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Unnamed Warrior Player: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:52 pm

The Golden State Warriors have already lost five more games this season than they did in all of 15-16 and the joy in which they've played the game hasn't been as prevalent. 

The Warriors signed Kevin Durant in the offseason, who is out with a knee injury. Since Durant's injury, the Warriors have lost five of their past eight games.

"Is this malaise of theirs about not feeling motivated, not thinking they have something to play for," said Strauss. "Is it just being tired? There's one guy in particular on the team that keeps saying the same thing to me, and I can't say who he is, but he keeps saying 'We've got problems and it ain't basketball.'"

Via Ethan Sherwood Strauss/ESPN

GoldenState4Life
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: Unnamed Warrior Player: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball 

Post#2 » by GoldenState4Life » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Fake.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#3 » by shadrock » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 pm

GoldenState4Life wrote:Fake.

Seems real to me.
GoldenState4Life
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#4 » by GoldenState4Life » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 pm

shadrock wrote:

Seems real to me.

My unnamed source disagrees with you.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#5 » by likashing » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 am

I guess they didn't miss Luke when they went 50-9 (59 games at 69.5 win pace) before hitting this recent slump...

I wonder who this imaginary friend he has on the Warriors squad, because I cannot imagine anyone giving him good info after he wrote a piece in October saying Draymond **** up the Warriors and hurt team chemistry. That was his parting piece moving on from covering the Warriors exclusively.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#6 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:16 am

I'd bet on it being legitimate as well.

Draymond's somewhat unselfish but he definitely seems like the type who needs his credit to be really happy. And he's taken a back seat in terms of shots when Durant came aboard, and (just speculating here) he probably needs his credit fix somewhere else - like being more of an on-the-floor coach like he was when Luke ran the team.

That said, winning cures all. Glad that we have 1.5 months to get through this adversity. Kerr doesnt seem unreasonable, and I seriously doubt Draymond would pull something like this in the playoffs when it really matters. String a few wins together, learn to win without Durant, and push ahead
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:46 am

FNQ wrote:I'd bet on it being legitimate as well.

Draymond's somewhat unselfish but he definitely seems like the type who needs his credit to be really happy. And he's taken a back seat in terms of shots when Durant came aboard, and (just speculating here) he probably needs his credit fix somewhere else - like being more of an on-the-floor coach like he was when Luke ran the team.

That said, winning cures all. Glad that we have 1.5 months to get through this adversity. Kerr doesnt seem unreasonable, and I seriously doubt Draymond would pull something like this in the playoffs when it really matters. String a few wins together, learn to win without Durant, and push ahead

Its not like his shot attempts have dropped that much, probably about as much as should have been expected. His FG% has dropped quite a bit though which I didn't expect.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,286

Post#8 » by raptorstime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 am

fake news
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#9 » by johanliebert » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:29 am

you got a team where your top two players are entitle sons of former nba players..than you got draymond who has no filter and a strong personality.

ive always thought Kerr was soft and the players really dont respect him. The luke walton situation only fueled it because if im reading between the lines he had a lil more respect because he worked with them.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:31 am

Gotta be dray imo
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#11 » by SFrush » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:48 am

johanliebert wrote:

you got a team where your top two players are entitle sons of former nba players..than you got draymond who has no filter and a strong personality.

ive always thought Kerr was soft and the players really dont respect him. The luke walton situation only fueled it because if im reading between the lines he had a lil more respect because he worked with them.

I think you're reaching more than anything.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#12 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:40 am

They did just sign Matt Barnes...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#13 » by MitchB3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 am

The unnamed Warrior is either Draymond Green or Shaun Livingston.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#14 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:44 am

This is just stupid journalism for a team that's lost 14 games all season...
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 am

SFrush wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

I think you're reaching more than anything.

You don't get to the NBA by being entitled. Those two "sons of former NBA players" made it because they were told from an early age what it would take and they worked their butts off. You don't need to like them but they would be in the NBA no matter who their parents were.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#16 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 am

Yes
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#17 » by TKainZero » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:25 am

Something is up with them

I thought it was just missing Durant
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#18 » by Simmons25 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:41 am

Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#19 » by Simmons25 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:46 am

FNQ wrote:I'd bet on it being legitimate as well.

Unless my memory is failing me... wasn't there a story last year at some point about this? Kerr coming back from his health issuesand one player in particular getting frustrated over Kerr holding him in particular back and made some comments around this.

I believe that might have been Draymond Green and around his confidence disappearing when Kerr came back. Something about being made to feel like a robot (I think at the time Draymond was stinking it up from the 3 point line for an extended period).

I'll have to see if I can find the article... but to me it seems like this is Draymond's beef with Kerr rearing it's ugly head again.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#20 » by streets talking » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:29 am

i Think the problem is ''Masta''
-iggodala-

Return to Wiretap Discussion