ImageImageImageImageImage

Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#81 » by Jay10 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
#7 played in the fastest paced offense in the NBA for half his career...so your statement is not 100% true.

You think #7 wants to run up and down, when he knows his touches are going to be limited?

He slows the game down because he knows at some point his teammates are going to be forced to give him the ball because they can't create for themselves in the half-court.

Why would a faster pace decrease his touches? Why would his teammates be able to create uptempo? I know you hate Anthony but neither of what you are saying makes sense from Anthony's standpoint. I have no doubt that Anthony wants to score. He would get more opportunities to do so if the pace was faster. How do I know that? Because he shot more in Denver...when the pace was faster. The Knicks problem isn't centered around Anthony...it's centered around a front office (in all its incarnations) that have been unable to build a team that can fit around or with Anthony and it's not Anthony's fault (unless you still believe that the only shot the Knicks have ever had to add anyone or build a team went with that relatively "moderate" package they dealt to get Anthony). And no it doesn't mean Anthony is Lebron or a great talent, just means that the only player the Knicks have had that can actually consistently produce is Anthony. That's a condemnation on the front office, not Anthony.

At a faster pace as soon as they get a defensive rebound they would attack the opponent, and not feel like they have to wait for him.

His way of slowing the pace down is to refuse to pass the ball ahead on defensive rebounds, and instead be the last person to pass the half-court forcing everyone to wait for him.

You think this version of Carmelo, who is 2 months from being 33 can keep up at a faster pace?

The Nets' color commentator was laughing at how much time he takes off the shot clock before making the decision everyone knows he's going to make in the end: shot attempt
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Post#82 » by GONYK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Perhaps
But he sure did fire him
And that's the point
He's replaced three coaches and is on his fourth

He has replaced:

Woodson
Fisher

So he has only replaced 2 coaches, since you aren't counting Rambis, who was just an interim

Rambis has to count. Hell, he forced dude on Jeff.

No, he doesn't.

Why? An interim is literally a placeholder, since real Head Coaches aren't usually hired in the middle of the season.

Interim means provisional or temporary. Rambis was never named the full-time head coach of the Knicks.
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#83 » by swisscheeseD » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Greenie wrote:The real problem is he has always been asked to do too much and be what he's not because we sucked at building around him.

Agreed.

But what you're not seeing is that most of the "hate" towards Me7o simply comes from a mindset that says "We've lost with him, we can lose without him".

I respect Melo for all of his talents, wish it could have worked out here, but its not and its just time to move on.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#84 » by swisscheeseD » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
He has replaced:

Woodson
Fisher

So he has only replaced 2 coaches, since you aren't counting Rambis, who was just an interim

Rambis has to count. Hell, he forced dude on Jeff.

No, he doesn't.

Why? An interim is literally a placeholder, since real Head Coaches aren't usually hired in the middle of the season.

Interim means provisional or temporary. Rambis was never named the full-time head coach of the Knicks.

Not to mention listing Woodson; as if a newly hired President of Basketball Operations isn't allowed the right to clean house and hire his people.

The only coach Phil has had to replace was Fisher, which was on Fisher himself. If not for him losing his clubhouse, respect around the league and giving the media hounds another reason to call this franchise a laughingstock...he would have likely had the start of one more season to make something happen (and would have been on the hot seat come All-Star break with a season like this).
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#85 » by br7knicks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Then he better start giving a **** or two about defense...
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#86 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:i never expected jeff to be fired. he can't fire another coach. they're still paying fisher for 2 more years. he'll just force jeff more and more to do what he wants, removing whatever slight credibility jeff had left to his players, and plunging us further down the abyss. yay.

But he didn't trade our firsts to build this disgusting roster and has cap space due to the new NBA contract. So he's a genius.

The bar could not be set any lower
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#87 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:52 pm

I don't think it's fair to jusdge the coach or the better players on this roster till we get a true floor general. Too bad this organization has always made that a low priority.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#88 » by battabing10 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:26 am

coaching turnstile is bad so im glad he is staying. gm and coach sound like they on the same page anyway. i agree its about the personnel and i think its a hail mary to bring in rose for melo.

wait till next year!!
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#89 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 am

swisscheeseD wrote:
Greenie wrote:The real problem is he has always been asked to do too much and be what he's not because we sucked at building around him.

Agreed.

But what you're not seeing is that most of the "hate" towards Me7o simply comes from a mindset that says "We've lost with him, we can lose without him".

I respect Melo for all of his talents, wish it could have worked out here, but its not and its just time to move on.

That shouldn't garner hate IMO. As I have said before moving on from Melo isn't crazy. It's fine and understandable but I can't hate a dude for balling out and we couldn't build around him.

It would be like Magic fans being mad at TMAC.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#90 » by DOT » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:12 am

dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i never expected jeff to be fired. he can't fire another coach. they're still paying fisher for 2 more years. he'll just force jeff more and more to do what he wants, removing whatever slight credibility jeff had left to his players, and plunging us further down the abyss. yay.

But he didn't trade our firsts to build this disgusting roster and has cap space due to the new NBA contract. So he's a genius.

A f***ing diamond drill could not get through how thick your skull is

Not terrible =/= great

Phil has been underwhelming and mediocre throughout his tenure here as President

You do understand the concept of middle ground right?
This is why we can't have nice things. You're either a star or a bum to Knick fans. There is no in-between with you people, which is why we've sucked for so long
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#91 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:22 am

swisscheeseD wrote:

Agreed.

It's really been this simple since about December.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#92 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:36 am

Yeah, every one is working so hard. That's why the Knicks lost to the worst team in the league, twice, once of which by 20 pts but can show up against the Pacers? Stop.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#93 » by BasicBall » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 am

Jeff's a good coach caught up in a 1st year funky situation. A veteran almost past his prime and mind-bogglingly inept (from appearances) front office. He deserves an extension if you ask me, he's been great with the younger players.
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,746

Post#94 » by Adelheid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 am

BasicBall wrote:Jeff's a good coach caught up in a 1st year funky situation. A veteran almost past his prime and mind-bogglingly inept (from appearances) front office. He deserves an extension if you ask me, he's been great with the younger players.

While I realized how bad Jeff is with dealing with our existing veterans, part of me still wants to see how he would look with a starting 5 of all-youth talent. Lee looks like he can be a part of our future developing young talents. Melo and Rose belongs to teams trying to win now and we dont have the pull to attract FA to be in that mode.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#95 » by Oscirus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:24 am

If the Knicks can't even be consistent, it's time to really question Jeff's coaching abilities.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 am

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Not terrible =/= great

Phil has been underwhelming and mediocre throughout his tenure here as President

This is why we can't have nice things. You're either a star or a bum to Knick fans. There is no in-between with you people, which is why we've sucked for so long

If you can't handle a different opinion other than "Knicks can do no wrong", you might be on the wrong site.

The guy has done a bad job since the DRose deal. He had done a okay job before that IMO. Let's see if he bounces back or continues to make excuses and blames everyone else.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#97 » by DOT » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:40 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Not terrible =/= great

If you can't handle a different opinion other than "Knicks can do no wrong", you might be on the wrong site.

The guy has done a bad job since the DRose deal. He had done a okay job before that IMO. Let's see if he bounces back or continues to make excuses and blames everyone else.

Seriously, you need to get your head checked out

I have never once said the Knicks can do no wrong. I LITERALLY just said in the post you quoted that he has been underwhelming and mediocre. Maybe it's too hard of a concept for you to understand, but there's something in between genius and idiot.

But nope, this roster is totally the worst in Knicks history, the 17 win season our roster was so much better
Phil Jackson is the worst President we've had, that's why we have cap space, draft picks, and young players when before him we had no cap space, no draft picks, and no young players

Phil made one good move in drafting KP
He made one bad move in signing Noah
Everything else has been meh or inconsequential

Do you need me to repeat that, because it seems like you have a difficult time understanding what I'm saying.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM

Post#98 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
Pjax4Prez wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Woodson has been the best coach in the last 16 years. That gives you an idea how "well" the Knicks are doing in terms of coaching hires. The point is Jackson should have just kept Woodson. Woodson probably could have figured out the Triangle at least just as well as Fisher or Hornacek...and he has the advantage of actually being a defensive coach over the 3 guys that have been head coach since. Woodson did say that he had no problem implementing the Triangle if that's what Jackson wanted.

I'm with you on this. I never loved Woodson as a coach but he was by far our best coach for awhile, truthfully didn't think he deserved to be fired after having one rough season in which we, traded for Bargs, Tyson broke his leg at like the beginning of the season, Jr smith wrecked his knee and eventually was more interested in untying shoes than playing basketball.

We fired Woodson because he's not Phil's guy, which isn't uncommon in the NBA or any other sport. My problem is "Phils guy" was literally coming from jersey to clipboard, and it was obvious he would be learning on the job.

Mike Woodson sucked!

and Fisher, Rambis and Hornecek sucked worse.

Feel however you wish about Woody, but the bottom line is under him we had some of our best seasons in the past 20 years.

He didn't deserve to be fired after one bad season where we damn near made the playoffs with 37 wins. A total that we have yet to reach under any head coach that Phil has chosen.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#99 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:A f***ing diamond drill could not get through how thick your skull is

Not terrible =/= great

Seriously, you need to get your head checked out

I have never once said the Knicks can do no wrong. I LITERALLY just said in the post you quoted that he has been underwhelming and mediocre. Maybe it's too hard of a concept for you to understand, but there's something in between genius and idiot.

But nope, this roster is totally the worst in Knicks history, the 17 win season our roster was so much better
Phil Jackson is the worst President we've had, that's why we have cap space, draft picks, and young players when before him we had no cap space, no draft picks, and no young players

Phil made one good move in drafting KP
He made one bad move in signing Noah
Everything else has been meh or inconsequential

Do you need me to repeat that, because it seems like you have a difficult time understanding what I'm saying.

That 17 win team was a Jackson special.

Draft picks doesn't save him. Please stop acting like it does. Every team in the NBA gets 2 picks every draft. They have the option to move them or use them. Phil has done both. Having draft picks is not a miracle. It's expected.

Jackson has made both good and bad moves. Period. We don't really have to go down the list, but he's had more than one good and damn sure more than one bad.

You sound like the chicks that defend their trifling, ho ass man by saying "at least he doesn't beat me".

The. Fuq?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#100 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:

Agreed.

It's really been this simple since about December.

Be real. It's been that way since Phil got here.

Return to New York Knicks