ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Sun 3/12 - Sat 3/18 - Tank Wars Edition or How To Catch A Tank

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Re: Around the NBA - Sun 3/12 - Sat 3/18 - Tank Wars Edition or How To Catch A Tank 

Post#101 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:14 am

Want to see Nuggets vs Warriors in 1st round.

Warriors will win, but it will be a fun uptempo series.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Re: Around the NBA - Sun 3/12 - Sat 3/18 - Tank Wars Edition or How To Catch A Tank 

Post#102 » by Kinglee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:38 am

I had no clue Towns was putting up 24/12/3 goodness. And Joker just put up another triple double. Amazing!
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#103 » by Kinglee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:41 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Want to see Nuggets vs Warriors in 1st round.

Warriors will win, but it will be a fun uptempo series.

If Durant isn't 100% the Warriors in trouble.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#104 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:52 am

Jokic is a rare bird, someone no one was certain and definitely proof the lottery draft is a crapshoot.

He almost makes up for the mistake that is Mudiay or Mud in your eye who is basically playing part-time, once every 3 games as he dances around whether or not to get back surgery. Nuggets were trying to gauge feelers for the former first rounder but his balky back cooled off interest.

Since Jameer Nelson has taken over the Nuggets have been hitting their stride.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#105 » by Blockwatcher » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:18 pm

TANK RANK
TODAY'S GAMES' DRAFT IMPACT SCORES
Friday March 17...................VTankHelpV
ORL Orl 90.0 Phx PHX.............ORL
DAL Dal 78.5 Phi PHI...............DAL
MIL Mil 73.1 Lal LAL...............MIL
MIN Min 69.2 Mia MIA..............MIN
BOS Bos 58.5 Bkn BKN.............BK
TOR Tor 48.5 Det DET...............DET
HOU Hou 48.5 No NO................NO
CHI Chi 43.8 Was WAS..............CHI

Teams like minny and nawlens and sactown need to create some space. We ain't catching the 6ers so Mavs need to also keep away. 6th is fine even if others think we can do better
1 John 2 : 15-17
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,548

Post#106 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 pm

CMON Pels!!!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#107 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Alvin Gentry - I'll fire you myself if y'all don't get rollin'. Pick it up!
BAF Clippers

The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#108 » by The_Special_One » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Gosh, Orlando has a ridiculous schedule going forward. Suns, Philly, Hornets-less Batum, BrookLIN twice... They should win those but of course they won't.
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#109 » by Kinglee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Jokic is a rare bird, someone no one was certain and definitely proof the lottery draft is a crapshoot.

He almost makes up for the mistake that is Mudiay or Mud in your eye who is basically playing part-time, once every 3 games as he dances around whether or not to get back surgery. Nuggets were trying to gauge feelers for the former first rounder but his balky back cooled off interest.

Since Jameer Nelson has taken over the Nuggets have been hitting their stride.

Still think Mudiay can be special, the tools are there, he just doesn't seem interested in playing there. Maybe need a change of scenario.

But as far as Jokic, I wouldn't say him playing like this was much of a stretch. Everyone knew he was a good passer, nothing changed. Now instead of overseas where a player doesn't actually get to dominate the competition because it's a different brand of basketball, he gets the chance to fully showcase the stuff he showed samples of.

Always say the NBA isn't about numbers, it's about what your eyes tell you. Players of course develop and get better, but you can see the tools a player possess from the beginning. Now are they going to master those skills or consistently display those skills are the question, but you know what you're getting pretty much right away.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#110 » by spaceballer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Jeremy Lin is donating his entire salary for tonight's game to help educate girls in third world countries. Here‘s his statement on international women‘s day:

Jeremy Lin wrote:I feel fortunate that I come from a family of strong women. One of my grandmothers earned her medical degree in Asia and then immigrated to the United States and got her medical license again, in a second language. My other grandmother raised a family of five after my grandfather passed away when my dad was young. My mom championed our passion for basketball and learned everything there was to know about AAU, tournaments, college basketball, and more. Without her I could never have achieved my dream of playing in the NBA. Today, my female cousins do important work in the non-profit, public health, and education sectors and my sister-in-law leads the management of my off-the-court business and activities.

I know first-hand how capable women are, and I’ve relied on the women in my life to help me in so many ways. I’ve also gotten a glimpse into some of the things that women encounter when they try to succeed – whether its some of the judgments or stereotypes that they face daily or what society tells them they should do or be. None of this makes any sense to me. When I look at my nieces, who are some of the most creative, intelligent and compassionate girls I know, I hope that they have all the opportunities that boys have growing up.

Around the world today, girls face many barriers in obtaining an education. Right now, 32 million girls of lower secondary school age are not enrolled in school. They are prevented from going to school because of issues like unaffordable school fees, forced child marriage, and lack of sanitary products. But we know that if investment is made into girls’ education, their families and communities benefit. Giving girls equal access to education is one of the best ways to help break the cycle of poverty.

That’s why I chose to partner with One Day’s Wages on girls’ empowerment and I hope you will join me in my campaign. When women are empowered, we are all better off.

https://www.onedayswages.org/2017/03/10/games-wages/

Where’s Greenie? I figure she‘d love female empowerment stuff since she complains about not enough SHeroes on TV. :D
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#111 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Kinglee wrote:Still think Mudiay can be special, the tools are there, he just doesn't seem interested in playing there. Maybe need a change of scenario.

But as far as Jokic, I wouldn't say him playing like this was much of a stretch. Everyone knew he was a good passer, nothing changed. Now instead of overseas where a player doesn't actually get to dominate the competition because it's a different brand of basketball, he gets the chance to fully showcase the stuff he showed samples of.

Always say the NBA isn't about numbers, it's about what your eyes tell you. Players of course develop and get better, but you can see the tools a player possess from the beginning. Now are they going to master those skills or consistently display those skills are the question, but you know what you're getting pretty much right away.

Jokic was drafted in the SECOND ROUND! #41 to be exact.

Don't B.S. me that the scouts knew this guy was going to be a good player because even the Knicks whiffed with Cleanthony Early. WOW.

As for Mudiay, once again I have to question Larry Brown's ability to evaluate talent. He's a kid who really needs a situation similar to where George Karl told Gary Payton he'd have to work harder in the off-season in order to be an NBA point guard. Payton did and became an all-time great.
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#112 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:14 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Kinglee wrote:Still think Mudiay can be special, the tools are there, he just doesn't seem interested in playing there. Maybe need a change of scenario.

Jokic was drafted in the SECOND ROUND! #41 to be exact.

Don't B.S. me that the scouts knew this guy was going to be a good player because even the Knicks whiffed with Cleanthony Early. WOW.

As for Mudiay, once again I have to question Larry Brown's ability to evaluate talent. He's a kid who really needs a situation similar to where George Karl told Gary Payton he'd have to work harder in the off-season in order to be an NBA point guard. Payton did and became an all-time great.

Didn't say people knew he'd be a good player, I said good passer. We all see big men grab rebounds, that's not impressive to me. What make Jokic so impressive is his passing ability. He scores 17 ppg, but he doesn't scream first option and goto Guy me, he's not dominant He screams complementary player to me, like a second piece. But his passing ability is solely what makes him so damn good. His nice touch around the rim is extra.

He's going to be way better than Brad Miller, but take Miller for an example. Good player in his prime, but what really stood out was how you can run the offense through him. Yea he was able to grab 10 rebounds, yea he can get you a nice amount of points, but his passing is what stood out for him.

As far as Mudiay, that's really all I'm leaning on. I didn't see him in highschool and never watched him overseas, but I remember Larry saying he is the best point guard he's ever seen or something of that sort. I'm not a fan of Larry Brown judgement in players, but that's to high of a praise for from a worthy NBA mind to throw out to a random player, so I'm assuming Mudiay can and will be great.
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#113 » by WajaBawl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:39 am

Philly & Pels both in the lead, would be crucial wins for the tank.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#114 » by The_Special_One » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:47 am

Philly lead by... 30! :lol:
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#115 » by WajaBawl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:00 am

Pels lead by 20!
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#116 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:17 am

What a glorious night Around the NBA.

BAF Clippers

Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#117 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:47 am

There's no doubt in my mind Orlando, Philly and Sacramento owe us the 4th worst record.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#118 » by Blockwatcher » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:01 pm

TANK RANK
TODAY'S GAMES' DRAFT IMPACT SCORES
Saturday March 18................VTankHelpV
SAC Sac 59.2 Okc OKC............SAC
POR Por 53.1 Atl ATL..............POR
WAS Was 50.0 Cha CHA............CHA
UTA Uta 42.3 Chi CHI...............CHI
HOU Hou 36.2 Den DEN.............DEN
MIL Mil 20.8 Gs GS.................MIL
CLE Cle 15.4 Lac LAC...........who
SA Sa 15.4 Mem MEM........cares
1 John 2 : 15-17
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#119 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Starting to become a Langston Galloway fan.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,635

Post#120 » by DaGawd » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Let's go sac
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks