Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#341 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

Peppers in the 2nd round??

Oh man I could see him in a hybrid role like Hyde was but X10 better.

no...more like Woodson was for the Packers...not Hyde
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#342 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Peppers is a great, versatile athlete, but I'm not sure how great he is at any one thing. In the first I'd hope we could get someone who could step in and immediately make the team better.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#343 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 pm

agree. they kinda need to hit this first round pick and have it be an impact player. I wouldn't be upset if it is TJ Watt...the kids motor and relentless pass rush would help
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,518

Post#344 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Unfortunately we backed ourselves into a corner where we need an impactful rookie on defense starting day 1. Guys like Peppers and Watt may be good down the road, but I don't see the, dominating their rookie season.

Looking at who may fall to us, I think Tim Williams may be that guy. Some are even say he falls to the middle of the 2nd......man I would love that.

Others like Reuben Foster, Derek Barnett, and now even Reddick seem like they will go way before we pick but they also fit that mold.

There are a few others I like for down the road, but I don't see as rookie impact players (Humphrey, Conley, Charlton, and McKinley)

Disclaimer:

I still say if by some miracle Mike Williams falls to us, take him and just hope we out score everyone, since that's what it looks like we will have to do anyways. OJ Howard too, I don't care that we already have two tight ends.....he could be the 2nd best TE in the game next to Gronk.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#345 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:36 am

Jabrill Peppers is the next coming of Troy Polamalu. He's the prototype "monster" DB. He's got the speed and athletic ability to be all over the field; the ball skills and foot speed to play in coverage and the measurables to wreck havoc in run support. Plus hes a dynamic punt returner. Dude is hands down a top 5 talent, there's no way you pass on that with a late 1st round pick. Just no way. I can look past the penny pinching TT is accustomed to during FA but if Jabrill is there when we pick and we take another Datone Jones or Damarious Randall instead I'll absolutely lose my sh*t.

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#346 » by Dandridgefav » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Too busy this year to get specific with players but I'd like to see

TO me A quality Pass rusher is more valuable than a equally talented cover guy. Matthews has been hurt a lot. Perry is no guarantee. So I target a pass rusher 1st. If both Clay & Nick are doing great - rookie does not have to sit - you move Matthews inside where he had as many sacks as he did outside and now you have real heat coming.

IF a quality pass rusher is not available in 1st - then I look at CB to see if any of the CBs available are clearly the caliber to stay with the opponents #1 WR. If that is not clearly the case that means to me we will have to get lucky to emerge with such a player - so we need more shots - so if top pass rusher or CB is not clearly available at 1st I trade down to increase opportunities and again have a year of multiple CBs. But if we can get a pass rusher in 1st then

1st = OLB
2nd = CB
3rd = G
4th = DE
5th = CB
6th = RB
7th = G-C
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#347 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Dandridgefav wrote:Too busy this year to get specific with players but I'd like to see

TO me A quality Pass rusher is more valuable than a equally talented cover guy. Matthews has been hurt a lot. Perry is no guarantee. So I target a pass rusher 1st. If both Clay & Nick are doing great - rookie does not have to sit - you move Matthews inside where he had as many sacks as he did outside and now you have real heat coming.

IF a quality pass rusher is not available in 1st - then I look at CB to see if any of the CBs available are clearly the caliber to stay with the opponents #1 WR. If that is not clearly the case that means to me we will have to get lucky to emerge with such a player - so we need more shots - so if top pass rusher or CB is not clearly available at 1st I trade down to increase opportunities and again have a year of multiple CBs. But if we can get a pass rusher in 1st then

1st = OLB
2nd = CB
3rd = G
4th = DE
5th = CB
6th = RB
7th = G-C

I'd swap 3&6 but otherwise looks good. I don't think G is as big of a need, but I also believe Bulaga would be an elite guard.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#348 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:34 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:Jabrill Peppers is the next coming of Troy Polamalu. He's the prototype "monster" DB. He's got the speed and athletic ability to be all over the field; the ball skills and foot speed to play in coverage and the measurables to wreck havoc in run support. Plus hes a dynamic punt returner. Dude is hands down a top 5 talent, there's no way you pass on that with a late 1st round pick. Just no way. I can look past the penny pinching TT is accustomed to during FA but if Jabrill is there when we pick and we take another Datone Jones or Damarious Randall instead I'll absolutely lose my sh*t.

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

Watt wont be there for our second round pick, let alone third.
Do it for Chuck
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#349 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:49 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:Jabrill Peppers is the next coming of Troy Polamalu. He's the prototype "monster" DB. He's got the speed and athletic ability to be all over the field; the ball skills and foot speed to play in coverage and the measurables to wreck havoc in run support. Plus hes a dynamic punt returner. Dude is hands down a top 5 talent, there's no way you pass on that with a late 1st round pick. Just no way. I can look past the penny pinching TT is accustomed to during FA but if Jabrill is there when we pick and we take another Datone Jones or Damarious Randall instead I'll absolutely lose my sh*t.

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

I think that he means this is his board at the end of the first round. I can't imagine anyone thinking Watt would even be there in the mid 2nd.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#350 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:10 pm

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

If that's what you want (and I do), Budda Baker is your guy.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#351 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

Assuming we get what we need in the first 2 rounds, he would be a good 3rd or great 4th round value. With him and Peppers I worry if their frame will hold up at their position or will they flame out like Bob Sanders because of not being able to hold up.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#352 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Profound23 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

Assuming we get what we need in the first 2 rounds, he would be a good 3rd or great 4th round value. With him and Peppers I worry if their frame will hold up at their position or will they flame out like Bob Sanders because of not being able to hold up.

I'd be less surprised if he goes in round one as opposed to three or four.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#353 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

I think that he means this is his board at the end of the first round. I can't imagine anyone thinking Watt would even be there in the mid 2nd.

Yeah that's my short list for our pick in round 1. That's the greatest draft ever if we got 4 1st round talents through the 1st 4 rounds lol. I'm not that naive to think that's possible. I really want Jabrill Peppers bad but Watt White and Conley are 3 consolation prizes I'd be very happy with instead. But say all 4 are available at the time, Im taking Peppers and not looking back.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Profound23
RealGM

Post#354 » by Profound23 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 am

At this point, give me one of the LBs from Bama

Reuben Foster in the 1st
Tim Williams in the 2nd
Ryan Anderson in the 3rd

or all of him....lol
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#355 » by TheProdigy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Round 1. TJ Watt OLB
Round 2. Cordrea Tankersley CB
Round 3. Jeremy McNichols RB
Round 4. Isaac Asiata G
Round 5. Hardy Nickerson ILB
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: RE: Re: Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#356 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 am

DaKidKG wrote:Round 1. TJ Watt OLB
Round 4. Isaac Asiata G

Wait, there's another Hardy Nickerson? I know nothing about him, but I'll take him based on his name.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#357 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Peppers is a great, versatile athlete, but I'm not sure how great he is at any one thing. In the first I'd hope we could get someone who could step in and immediately make the team better.

Replacing Hyde, Starks, and whoever returned punts last year could make the team better, no?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,243

Post#358 » by HKPackFan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 am

1. Peppers
2. White
3a. Watt
3b. Conley

I'm also on the Jabrill hype train. If he's there, I think you gotta nab him. I want BPA and I agree a pass rusher is more of a NEED and has more of an impact over a DB, but in this case, Jabrill can be an X factor and change a defense.

We have needs everywhere on D, so if we can get a talent that really stands out, I just want a stud at any position. OLB, ILB, DLine, DB, whatever. I want a complete stud in that first round, regardless of position.

And if somehow Jabrill is sitting there at the end of the 1st, man I think that is difficult to pass up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#359 » by Dandridgefav » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
Dandridgefav wrote:Too busy this year to get specific with players but I'd like to see

1st = OLB
2nd = CB
3rd = G
4th = DE
5th = CB
6th = RB
7th = G-C

I'd swap 3&6 but otherwise looks good. I don't think G is as big of a need, but I also believe Bulaga would be an elite guard.

I do not want to move Bulaga - but there is a far greater chance for Spriggs or Murphy to excel at RT than RG - so I suppose would do it (move Bulaga) if one those 2nd yr dudes grade out at RT.

so if we move bulaga and drop drafting an OL from the 3rd round as you suggest - for me it then becomes a defensive draft taking double dips at OLB & CB. I think we can still get a decent RB in 6th round and in FA.

1st = OLB
2nd = CB
3rd = DE
4th = CB
5th = OLB
6th = RB
7th = G-C
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#360 » by TheProdigy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:Round 1. TJ Watt OLB
Round 4. Isaac Asiata G

Wait, there's another Hardy Nickerson? I know nothing about him, but I'll take him based on his name.

That was pretty much my thought process as well. At least we know he has good genes.

Return to Green Bay Packers