ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets PG: I don't know what I expected

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: Nets PG: I don't know what I expected 

Post#261 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:27 pm

kane2021 wrote:If you genuinely feel Jackson is a better prospect than ball then that's one thing. But I'm not passing up on a prospect like ball because I have Russell. Russell just hasn't looked like that type of player.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Not only that he's coming off the bench now. He's just unable to run a team right now. Like I mentioned before he's better served just focusing on scoring. But he doesn't even do that, that well. :noway:
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#262 » by Blockwatcher » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Exactly why I want the Lakers trading that pick to philly. They don't deserve Ball and lavar doesn't deserve LA after all his talking.
1 John 2 : 15-17
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#263 » by KnicksGod » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:Exactly why I want the Lakers trading that pick to philly. They don't deserve Ball and lavar doesn't deserve LA after all his talking.

Maybe he DOES deserve L.A. :lol: Nobody to pass to. I still have a good deal of hope in Ingram. Russell has hit the skids big time. Rest of the roster is junk.

Oh I do like Zubac. Honestly their best player is Clarkson and it's not even close. That says a lot.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#264 » by Oscirus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 pm

HerZona or russell or m, which fallen 2015 guard would we rather trade for?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,322

Post#265 » by offense » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Missed it but beautiful that we got the L, I was worried and honestly didn't expect nets to win again especially since it was at msg. keep the grind going and LAC is next but clips struggle sometimes. Should be another L...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#266 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Oscirus wrote:HerZona or russell or m, which fallen 2015 guard would we rather trade for?

That's a tough one. Have to say Russell. Russell at least has shown he can produce in big minutes. Super Mario has not looked good at all. Mudiay hasn't been good either.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#267 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:14 am

kane2021 wrote:Not going to bother talking about fultz or ball seeing as we got no realistic shot.

Tatum and monk climbing could drop smith right in our lap if we ended up 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Let Monk keep climbing. Dude is a ball stopper. I'm more intrigued by Frank but he seems too raw
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#268 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 am

moocow007 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:HerZona or russell or m, which fallen 2015 guard would we rather trade for?

That's a tough one. Have to say Russell. Russell at least has shown he can produce in big minutes. Super Mario has not looked good at all. Mudiay hasn't been good either.

Mudiay is terrible. High turnovers, cant score doesn't make anybody around him better.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#269 » by Oscirus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:37 am

moocow007 wrote:

Me too, in a vacuum. If we took actual cost in a trade into consideration, then I'd probably take a flyer out on Super Mario since Russell would cost a pretty penny in a trade.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#270 » by N Y K » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:49 pm

:lol:

Read on Twitter
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#271 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:24 am

Oscirus wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Me too, in a vacuum. If we took actual cost in a trade into consideration, then I'd probably take a flyer out on Super Mario since Russell would cost a pretty penny in a trade.

They should both be cheap.
We should go after Russell and move him to SG. I haven't been watching too much Mario because the Magic make my stomach hurt.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#272 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:27 am

whocares1 wrote:I disagree about tying Jayson Tatum to the Duke program and their lack of "perennial superstar alum". Jayson Tatum looks like a star plain and simple.

Irving went there...
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#273 » by whocares1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:29 am

Greenie wrote:
whocares1 wrote:I disagree about tying Jayson Tatum to the Duke program and their lack of "perennial superstar alum". Jayson Tatum looks like a star plain and simple.

Irving went there...

He said "besides Irving" lol.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#274 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 am

whocares1 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Irving went there...

He said "besides Irving" lol.

I didn't read back that far... :wink:
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#275 » by Oscirus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 am

Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

We should go after Russell and move him to SG. I haven't been watching too much Mario because the Magic make my stomach hurt.

Should be, won't though. He's had enough good performances to justify the Lakers asking for a first. Russ is too slow and not a good enough shooter to justify a shift to SG.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#276 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:15 am

Oscirus wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Me too, in a vacuum. If we took actual cost in a trade into consideration, then I'd probably take a flyer out on Super Mario since Russell would cost a pretty penny in a trade.

Should be, won't though. He's had enough good performances to justify the Lakers asking for a first. Russ is too slow and not a good enough shooter to justify a shift to SG.

He's not a PG though. We still have Lee. Have Russ come off the bench.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,858

Post#277 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:07 am

I just hope whicever prospect we get slowly has their conifdence and game ruined by our outdated system and toxic environment.

Let's make sure we put them in a situation where it's nearly impossible to succeed and minimizes their strengths while hapring on their weaknesses.

Go Knicks.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#278 » by sims » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:15 am

Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

russell seems exactly like a phil jackson-style reclamation project. he'd be better as a sort of positionless "big guard" type that PJ loves so much rather than running the whole offense. i still think he has tons of talent and can/will be productive in the right situation.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#279 » by Kampuchea » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:

I doubt that's a universal opinion. There might be legit red flags with this kid and his family.

I'm telling you people are not used to a strong black man talking like this. People act like lavar is out there on the court shooting jumpshots. Lonzo is the one that has to make ish happen on that court not Lavar. If you don't like what Lavar is saying stop putting a mic infront of him. The guy supposedly has been talking this way all his life. His sons are used to this. It's just people in the media that are the problem.

Nah, this should hurt the draft stock of Ball. Especially in big media markets where dad will be disagreeing with the coaches play calls whenever his kid struggles.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#280 » by jwise44 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:35 am

Kampuchea wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
I doubt that's a universal opinion. There might be legit red flags with this kid and his family.

I'm telling you people are not used to a strong black man talking like this. People act like lavar is out there on the court shooting jumpshots. Lonzo is the one that has to make ish happen on that court not Lavar. If you don't like what Lavar is saying stop putting a mic infront of him. The guy supposedly has been talking this way all his life. His sons are used to this. It's just people in the media that are the problem.

Nah, this should hurt the draft stock of Ball. Especially in big media markets where dad will be disagreeing with the coaches play calls whenever his kid struggles.

Agreed...if he goes to a losing situation and Lonzo looks bad and media questions him I seriously think lavar is going to cause serious problems

Or even if he just goes to a losing team, his dad is going to go nuts blaming all his teammates IMO

Return to New York Knicks