Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Re: Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks 

Post#1701 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 pm

ReddRum wrote:http://www.5thtackle.com/legarrette-blount-set-to-sign-with-green-bay/

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Nothing on Twitter about this. I'll believe it when I see it.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#1702 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:13 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Pretty sure Rodgers wants a raise

ETA: as he should

I thought 12 said he was willing to restructure to free up space if we would use it and if we weren't willing to use it then he wanted the money for himself if he was just going to continue to roll over unused? I mean who can blame him for that? I love the idea of him putting pressure on TT to do something. "Get me help or pay me more money" is exactly the mind frame 12 should have.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,387

Post#1703 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:17 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Pretty sure Rodgers wants a raise

ETA: as he should

I thought 12 said he was willing to restructure to free up space if we would use it and if we weren't willing to use it then he wanted the money for himself if he was just going to continue to roll over unused? I mean who can blame him for that? I love the idea of him putting pressure on TT to do something. "Get me help or pay me more money" is exactly the mind frame 12 should have.

Yep, that's how I took it too.

Also, if our big free agent moves are Blount, Bennett, and Kendricks....is Ted just saying **** the defense, if so he is willing to trade up for Mike Williams and just hope the offense can put up 40 a game?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#1704 » by Mags FTW » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ReddRum wrote:http://www.5thtackle.com/legarrette-blount-set-to-sign-with-green-bay/

Google Search covering the last 24 hours shows nothing. Probably bogus.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1705 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:54 pm

The Blount rumor is fake. I'd be surprised if we sign a running back. This draft is deep and the backs available on the market are likely close to being done.
Do it for Chuck
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1706 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:11 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:The Blount rumor is fake. I'd be surprised if we sign a running back. This draft is deep and the backs available on the market are likely close to being done.

I kind of hope it is fake, the Pats let him go for Burkhead and I would've done the same thing at this point in their careers.

Speaking of fantastic GMs the Bengals let pretty much everyone leave. I feel sorry for AJ Green, about to waste the best years of his career.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1707 » by bdpecore » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Profound23 wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/18/slim-pickings-remain-in-free-agency/

Minter, Brown and/or Hankins would help the D tremendously. Not sure what the asking price is but I'm sure 2/15 type deal would entice 1 of them to come play for a ship and that still leaves us a little over 20m in cap space to sign all our rookies and roll over cap into the season for extensions and what not. I agree with the ppl that talk about "just because you have it to spend doesn't mean you should spend it" but upgrading a weak position with a small chunk of what you have to spend isn't exactly "blowing your load".

Those three and Revis are about all I would consider as upgrades at this point on defense.

I'd also add Blount and Dumervil but I agree the list is shrinking fast.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#1708 » by ReddRum » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah seems like a rumor. I heard they were talking to him. Must just be speculation. My buddy posted it on Facebook so I thought maybe it was legit...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1709 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Hankins wants more than 10 mil per season.....ahahahahaha. Cross him off the list.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1710 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Profound23 wrote:Hankins wants more than 10 mil per season.....ahahahahaha. Cross him off the list.

Lol yikes. What makes him think he's worth more than Poe is the question... I figured 7 would be fair price for Hankins
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1711 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 pm

For those not willing to pay Barwin 6.5 I get it, but hopefully they tried to sell him on the fact that taxes in Cali will take an enormous chunk out of that......the cost of living in Cali will eat more into it.

I would have offered 4 mil and 250k per sack, if he gets 10 to 12 sacks he makes 6.5 to 7 mil and actually keeps most of it as opposed to more than 15 to 20% going to the state of California on taxes alone and the cost of living being over twice as much as Wisconsin. Sell him on that, throw him a fair price, and offer incentives for what he does best.

I'm hoping that is what we did, but who knows.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks 

Post#1712 » by bdpecore » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Profound23 wrote:For those not willing to pay Barwin 6.5 I get it, but hopefully they tried to sell him on the fact that taxes in Cali will take an enormous chunk out of that......the cost of living in Cali will eat more into it.

I would have offered 4 mil and 250k per sack, if he gets 10 to 12 sacks he makes 6.5 to 7 mil and actually keeps most of it as opposed to more than 15 to 20% going to the state of California on taxes alone and the cost of living being over twice as much as Wisconsin. Sell him on that, throw him a fair price, and offer incentives for what he does best.

I'm hoping that is what we did, but who knows.

Minter has signed with Cincinnati. Looks like we are down to Brown if we want a starting caliber ILB.

Edit: Deal is for 1yr/$4.5MM.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1713 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:57 pm

I would've given Minter that unless we can get Brown for similar money.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1714 » by Profound23 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:00 am

I would've given Minter that unless we can get Brown for similar money. Not sure what the Bengals are doing....they let go of a bunch of players and Minter isn't going to put then over the top.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks 

Post#1715 » by IrishRainbow » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:07 am

ReddRum wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah seems like a rumor. I heard they were talking to him. Must just be speculation. My buddy posted it on Facebook so I thought maybe it was legit...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

IrishRainbow wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:So, Blount to sign in GB? at least according to 5thtackle...I know nothing about them as a source.

http://www.5thtackle.com/legarrette-blount-set-to-sign-with-green-bay/

Edit: nevermind. Looks worse than the Inquisitr

I wouldn't mind that deal if it was true and some of the money based on incentives. Looks like a typical TT move.

I wouldn't hold my breath

From the About Us
[Quote="5thTackle]The 5th Tackle is a privately run website run by a couple of lads who love their Rugby League, NRL & Super League. The The 5th Tackle team are a dedicated couple of lads who seek to bring you all the News and Rumours in the world of Rugby League.[/quote][/quote]

I'm assuming nothing new. The lads enjoy the footy and scrums.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1716 » by Frank Nova » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:18 am

Profound23 wrote:I would've given Minter that unless we can get Brown for similar money. Not sure what the Bengals are doing....they let go of a bunch of players and Minter isn't going to put then over the top.

The Bengals won't be relevant until Marvin Lewis is bagging groceries somewhere and not running the team.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#1717 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:58 pm

What would be your reaction if Lacy stays in shape, stays healthy, and kicks ass in SEA?

Would you blame our coaching staff for not getting those things out of him lately? (And/or the training staff?)

Or would you just figure he had matured or something?

Or maybe he never liked it here and wasn't as motivated as he could be?
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1718 » by bdpecore » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Sean Spence just signed with the Colts for $3MM. That takes another team out of the Zach Brown race. I still think he will sign for 4yrs/$20MM ($9MM guaranteed) which might be more year's and guaranteed $$ than Ted wants to commit to. Hopefully he's not happy with the way his market has progressed and decides to sign a one year prove it deal. I'd be willing to overpay a bit for this, say $6MM.

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#1719 » by M-C-G » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:What would be your reaction if Lacy stays in shape, stays healthy, and kicks ass in SEA?

Would you blame our coaching staff for not getting those things out of him lately? (And/or the training staff?)

I won't have a problem at all. Same way I am not mad we let Hayward go. We weren't getting their "best" and neither could be counted on. Sometimes players get a kick in the ass and wake up or change when they get let go, or maybe they are just used in a different way that resonates. But nothing leads me to believe Lacy was going to stay in shape or be reliable on this team.

I am also a fan of not signing RB to long term second deals and think you should routinely invest a second or third round pick on the position and "use them up" every couple of years. Just not a position to pay given the longevity of the position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#1720 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:What would be your reaction if Lacy stays in shape, stays healthy, and kicks ass in SEA?

I won't have a problem at all. Same way I am not mad we let Hayward go. We weren't getting their "best" and neither could be counted on. Sometimes players get a kick in the ass and wake up or change when they get let go, or maybe they are just used in a different way that resonates. But nothing leads me to believe Lacy was going to stay in shape or be reliable on this team.

I am also a fan of not signing RB to long term second deals and think you should routinely invest a second or third round pick on the position and "use them up" every couple of years. Just not a position to pay given the longevity of the position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Lacy comes out and kills it in SEA- he's trim (ish), is faster than he's been lately, still powerful, AND he doesn't get hurt, then I admit I probably will be a little bitter and part of me will childishly blame our organization for not getting that out of him. I will also childishly assume Carrol has him on whatever proprietary blend of PEDs and methamphetamines he gives all his players.

Like you, I'll know better than to feel that way. But I probably still will a little. And if GB goes through a rough patch while Lacy's killing it, you can bet you'll hear blame on our staff by others as well.

Return to Green Bay Packers