ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#681 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Melo actually defines the 6th man role perfectly. Play him a little less than a starter, roughly thirty and let bombs away in those minutes. could easily average roughly 18 off the bench and wont impact the defense so much. Got a feeling Phil is gonna draft Josh Jackson if he's available where we pick, and if so, that move would be obvious.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#682 » by Tron Carter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yes, rose and melo are a terrible fit. we'll see what happens in the draft to weigh out our options. but i still disagree with melo going to the bench. you don't bench all stars. he still has a couple good years left as a starter. he's been the clutchest player in the league this season, that alone says enough about him. he's still a good player. i want to see what hornacek is going to do next season about the defense. if the whole team still isn't playing defense then we have a huge problem. we'll see

see, bullschit statements like this is why nobody takes you seriously.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695035-carmelo-anthony-leads-nba-with-third-go-ahead-fg-under-10-seconds-left-in-game
Fact: Carmelo Anthony hit a game-winner for the Knicks against the 76ers on Saturday night. This was his third go-ahead FG with under 10 seconds left in the game this season, most in the NBA.

facts hurt.

meaningless game winners against some of the worst teams in the league. give me Isaiah Thomas this season all day. won't even bring up the 4th quarter stats.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#683 » by Tron Carter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Melo actually defines the 6th man role perfectly. Play him a little less than a starter, roughly thirty and let bombs away in those minutes. could easily average roughly 18 off the bench and wont impact the defense so much. Got a feeling Phil is gonna draft Josh Jackson if he's available where we pick, and if so, that move would be obvious.

yeah i truly believe jj is at the top of phil/gaines wishlist. kid does it all and actually has fire in his belly. perfect fit for phil's beloved triangle. a lot of cats are clamoring for a guard but gimmie jackson over everybody in the draft this year.
R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#684 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
see, bullschit statements like this is why nobody takes you seriously.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695035-carmelo-anthony-leads-nba-with-third-go-ahead-fg-under-10-seconds-left-in-game
Fact: Carmelo Anthony hit a game-winner for the Knicks against the 76ers on Saturday night. This was his third go-ahead FG with under 10 seconds left in the game this season, most in the NBA.

facts hurt.

meaningless game winners against some of the worst teams in the league. give me isiah thomas this season all day. won't even bring up the 4th quarter stats.

facts are facts. i back up my schit. something you can't do.
here's another one, he's been the most clutch player in the league since 2004. i hope that makes you more butthurt
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#685 » by Tron Carter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:55 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

meaningless game winners against some of the worst teams in the league. give me isiah thomas this season all day. won't even bring up the 4th quarter stats.

here's another one, he's been the most clutch player in the league since 2004. i hope that makes you more butthurt

you're literally a child :lol:. i just hope you save some of melo for la la she gotta get hers too :lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#686 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
just like abe and anybody else who posts anything remotely disparaging about our lord and savior carmelo anthony right?

melo has been an absolutely atrocious defender this year by every metric. inb4 i'm called a troll :roll:

did I ever say melo was a good defender?
y'all wanna use melo as a scapegoat for this season. if melo was the only player that wasn't playing defense then I wouldn't care what y'all say about him but the fact is that the WHOLE TEAM plays no defense but you guys insist on putting all of the blame on melo like he's the one coaching the team.

where did anyone put all the blame on melo? a poster pointed out how atrocious he's been on defense this year (even for his low standards) and the rebuttals were that melo has been an average defender (which is false) and that said poster is a "troll".

don't call out posters as trolls when they can actually back up what they say with facts. you're in every thread with your Me7o cape and calling out respected posters just because they don't share your same love affair for him as you do. if anything YOU'RE the troll.

are you blind?
we have posters crying about him all damn day. with posts such as " he's holding the knicks hostage", " melo is the reason why we suck" etc. stop drinking that hatorade and look at the facts. go suck up phil jackson all you want, i hope you enjoy losing every year cause that's all you gonna get with phil as president. i called that poster a troll because he thinks the knicks are gonna do much better with melo on the bench. might as well say we're a better team without him. im sorry if you feel some type of way. i root for the players that have on a knick jersey, and it happens to be that carmelo anthony is one of them.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#687 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

you're literally a child :lol:. i just hope you save some of melo for la la she gotta get hers too :lol:

i can't wait to see the disgust on your face when carmelo stays here for another 5 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#688 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

This guy is irrelevant. Don't pay too much attention. He will disappear when it all ends, just like the Bargnani, Marbury, Crawford, Nate and other fanboys before him.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#689 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Melo actually defines the 6th man role perfectly. Play him a little less than a starter, roughly thirty and let bombs away in those minutes. could easily average roughly 18 off the bench and wont impact the defense so much. Got a feeling Phil is gonna draft Josh Jackson if he's available where we pick, and if so, that move would be obvious.

yeah i truly believe jj is at the top of phil/gaines wishlist. kid does it all and actually has fire in his belly. perfect fit for phil's beloved triangle. a lot of cats are clamoring for a guard but gimmie jackson over everybody in the draft this year.

I really do think so. Even though he does fit in the triangle due to skillset, his skills fit pretty much any offense, plus his defense imo might be ahead of his offense. I don't see Phil putting his creation in the hands of a young guard. A talented forward that can run an offense? That's Phil all day.

Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#690 » by Tron Carter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 pm

dude said melo is the most clutch player in the league since 2004 :rofl:

because clutchness is purely defined by meaningless regular season game winners. This is clutch:

R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#691 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:facts are facts. i back up my schit. something you can't do.

This guy is irrelevant. Don't pay too much attention. He will disappear when it all ends, just like the Bargnani, Marbury, Crawford, Nate and other fanboys before him.

ok dolan fanboy
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#692 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Mr. Perfect might hate Dolan enough to shoot him in public if he lived in NY. Calling him of all cats a fanboy of all people really loses all your seriousness as a poster.

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#693 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

ok dolan fanboy

Yes, you're right, even though my sig is the epitome of Dolan hatred. But your brain has a filter that blocks out anything non-Melo related.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#694 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:04 pm

facts are facts.
the butthurt will stay butthurt
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#695 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Also for everyone, there are lines to the name calling. As a general warning, tread lightly. Should be able to make points without sounding immature.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#696 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:13 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

ok dolan fanboy

Yes, you're right, even though my sig is the epitome of Dolan hatred. But your brain has a filter that blocks out anything non-Melo related.

you mad?
you will filter out anything that's non-melo hated posts. facts.
i call you a dolan fan boy because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that phil jackson has been terrible here and you seem to be completely fine with that. just like how dolan is satisfied with losing seasons. so yeah, technically you're a dolan fan boy and you don't even realize it.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#697 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:ok dolan fanboy

you mad?
i call you a dolan fan boy because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that phil jackson has been terrible here and you seem to be completely fine with that. just like how dolan is satisfied with losing seasons. so yeah, technically you're a dolan fan boy and you don't even realize it.

You keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I don't want to embarrass you but I can if you'd like to keep coming after me because I simply don't like your favorite player in the league.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#698 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

you mad?

You keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I don't want to embarrass you but I can if you'd like to keep coming after me because I simply don't like your favorite player in the league.

so you just admitted you like dolan and phil jackson since you won't try to contradict anything i just said. congratulations, you just played yourself. good bye.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,536

Post#699 » by mpharris36 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:38 pm

I don't see anyway melo accepts a 6th man role. Dude laughed off a slam article saying he is a top 20 player in the NBA. He ain't coming off the bench
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,029

Post#700 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:I don't see anyway melo accepts a 6th man role. Dude laughed off a slam article saying he is a top 20 player in the NBA. He ain't coming off the bench

Yea, I don't see him ever doing that either in a Knick uniform

Return to New York Knicks