Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

miman15
Senior
And1: 439

Re: Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real? 

Post#2 » by miman15 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 am

It was nothing compared to what Lebron had to deal all year during his 1st year in Miami... (from the Cavs organization and around the league)
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#3 » by Patches Perry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 am

Thunder Chairman Clayton I. Bennett:
“Kevin's contributions to our organization during his nine years were profound, on and off the court. He helped the Thunder grow and succeed in immeasurable ways and impacted the community just the same. We thank him for his leadership, his play, and how he represented Oklahoma City and the entire state of Oklahoma.”

Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti:

“Kevin made an indelible mark on the Thunder organization and the state of Oklahoma as a founding father of this franchise. We can't adequately articulate what he meant to the foundation of this franchise and our success. While clearly disappointing that he has chosen to move on, the core values that he helped establish only lead to us thanking him for the many tangible and intangible ways that he helped our program.”

Both from July 4th, 2016.

7 months later, he isn't owed a thing.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,191

Post#4 » by The High Cyde » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 am

Golden State Whiners
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#5 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:14 am

That article blows my mind - Durant and the Warriors have got to be the most self-centered divas the league has ever seen if they really feel that way.

Choke a 3-1 lead, leave for the team you choked to, and then expect a heros welcome when you come back to beat them w/ your stacked team of All Stars? You've got to be kidding me.

When Westbrook and co. went into GS for the first time on the second night of a back to back earlier in the season, that team and their fans were out for blood and were treating them like their most hated rival ever while KD got his "vengeance" on his old team - and they were supposed to be all respectful and welcoming when he came to their house?

Just wow.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,567

Post#6 » by Sofia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:24 am

The Thunder's silence contributed to the raw emotions, outrage and indignation that created an unsettling, hostile atmosphere, according to the Warriors..

Some of the weakest **** I've heard
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,286

Post#7 » by baldur » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 am

the reasons why people hate on gsw are growing and growing day after day. What is this ****? he got just booed in a civilized manner. if it was in europe, he could have even gotten assaulted.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,321

Post#8 » by Bolivar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 am

It will be a great day once this franchise isn't a contender anymore.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#9 » by Pillendreher » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:38 am

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#10 » by qm22 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:23 am

baldur wrote:the reasons why people hate on gsw are growing and growing day after day. What is this ****? he got just booed in a civilized manner. if it was in europe, he could have even gotten assaulted.

This was made to be clickbait for GS haters and probably isn't real... Age of fake news.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#11 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:01 am

Isn't the game tonight? What are they even talking about, the February game? Why are they coming out with this information now? I don't get it.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#12 » by svart » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:25 am

this is silly. it's like OKC complaining they are not loved in Seattle.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#13 » by Porz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

Kids nowadays have been raised to be unthankful. Everything has to come fast, free and high quality. If one of these is disrupted then the whining starts. Like Chuck sayed, give KD his standing applaus and then boo the hell out of him. To only boo is very childish and disrespectful. It's only a game of basketball, he didn't kill your dog.
Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#14 » by spacemonkey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 am

I'm a glass half full kinda guy, so I'm choosing to see this as a good thing because Durant's teammates are sticking up for him.

Right... right? Is that weak?
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#15 » by Porz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:41 am

Bolivar wrote:It will be a great day once this franchise isn't a contender anymore.

I don't care about management, they mean nothing to me. I'm all about the beauty of the game. Not players fault that some guys in the suit talk crap. Why someone even care? I'll bet one can make this kind of news about any team in the league when asked the right questions and from the right emotional morons. Meh. Now let's talk about playoff shall we?
Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#16 » by Simmons25 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 pm

LOL honestly... the Warriors have become so full of themselves. Never seen a franchise so full of their own self importance.

Hate to be the person that cleans all the mirrors in their change rooms.

Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#17 » by Cappy_Smurf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:24 pm

They really should have thrown him a parade...And then pelted him with rotten tomatoes.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,123

Post#18 » by AdagioPace » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 pm

baldur wrote:the reasons why people hate on gsw are growing and growing day after day. What is this ****? he got just booed in a civilized manner. if it was in europe, he could have even gotten assaulted.

yeah, Europe, where professional footballers earning millions, living in cozy neighbourhoods are ASSAULTED :lol:
By Europe you mean Bulgarian third division ?? :lol:
Is throwing Pork's head into the field an assault?
Is the creation of a toilet paper with the face of Higuain on it, assault?

meanwhile,Houston, TX, US, where a drunk random guy is a couple of feet away from Lebron James

I don't even know if yours is a statement about how fans in europe treat ex-players or a statement about general security. Either way, I've tried to answer both with irony
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#19 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

this whole thing is fabricated, they want fans to hate warriors as much as they can so it could make a better storyline. It was very similar to back when Bron joined Miami

Do you really think a man whos making millions of dollars playing in cali is going to really care what the midwest americans think of him?

They are whining like this because they are told to do. It's a storyline, watching nba all star game was enough to realize what type of storyline is for this year.

Pick draymond for example, kicking players in the nuts and talking trash...do you think he could do the same if he played somewhere in milwaukee? They want him to do this, same way they want KD to keep on whining because a lot of fans consider him a bytch for what he did in offseason. **** is like wwe for real, one time they are villains then later they gon be good guys again.
jeeph
Senior
And1: 557

Post#20 » by jeeph » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Just wanted to let everyone responsible know, that because of this place, I read that as assfault-ed.

Thank you for that.

Return to The General Board