ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#721 » by NYKAL » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:34 pm

shmeakone wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
Read on Twitter

KP has said this multiple times now.. how he could tell the team wouldn't be good from the beginning. He seems so disgusted with the whole situation. This was supposed to be a huge year for his career and for the Knicks, and I know he feels like he didn't get a fair chance to be that guy.

But man, I love KP and I love the way he speaks and I love the determination he has. He said he's learning how to be a leader which is great to hear. Hang in there, Zinger!

lol maybe PJ decided that if he was gonna tank while trying to develop KP, he might as well do it by giving him a quick example of what kind of stars don't win

Patrick f'ing Ewing didn't make the playoffs until his 3rd year with the Knicks.

I'm not even saying Porzingis is gonna come close to Ewing, lets relax a bit though before saying that this was THE year.

Well, his inconsistency didn't help matters.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#722 » by battabing10 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:the thing is you talk about melo more than me. i would say 95 percent of your posts are bashing carmelo :lol:
u know what they say " if you aint got haters then you ain't poppin"
ive stayed away from these threads for a minute cause of posters like you, ive been chillin in the draft thread. seems like nothing has changed. same people crying about him, for useless reasons. i don't see how melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. like he's the one who's made all those horrible signings over the years, hiring and firing coaches like it's nothing, forcing the triangle down everyone's throat. those are the main reasons why we suck. guess who caused them.. PHIL. but naw, it's his fault we suck so whatever. go ahead and criticize melo's game all you want. you probably expected him to be lebron, that's why you hate him. accept him for who he is. i hope to see you when melo's jersey get's hung up in the rafters :rofl2: good bye once again, don't quote me at all

No, the thing is you post like a child and get offended when anyone mentions Carmelo Anthony in a negative light. It is as if you have some sort of weird stalker-ish obsession with the man and will go to great lengths to clear his name. Your username refers to Carmelo, as does your avatar and around 5000 of your 5235 posts. Everything on this forum revolves around Carmelo for you.

You are so blinded by this love of Carmelo that you went as far as to call me of all people a 'Dolan and Phil fanboy' because I criticized Carmelo Anthony. When I explained that you were wrong, you doubled down on your statement. When I provided clear evidence (besides my sig, which is clear as day) that you were wrong you retreated back to your 'Melo hater' argument and dropped your Phil/Dolan fanboy claims. The problem is you think everything is black and white. You are like many on this forum - because you support one guy you must hate everything else and vice versa.

Being a true long time fan of the team I see things with all shades and I criticize everyone equally. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Not Dolan, not Phil, not Hornacek, not Anthony, not Rose, not Noah, not even Porzingis. Everyone has negatives they need to figure out, some more than others. Unfortunately for you, you have taken this as an insult, a slight, and have made it your MO to post on this forum exclusively about Carmelo Anthony. You have made it a point, like some of your brethren, to attack, insult and laugh at anyone else who critiques Melo while also providing a myriad of excuses for him but for nobody else.

The act is tired, and old. and I do hope for this 'era' to end soon so we can usher in some new blood of fans who aren't attached to single players over the entire franchise.

What are you talking about? We have the children of KP here now and everything revolves around him. Linsanity on steroids.

That's why the Melo hate was trumped up. People are taking it way overboard. One player will never be responsible for a team record. Yet, people want to paint Melo as the anti-christ and KP as the savior. One day KP will play the Melo role and I think it's dumb. The Knicks failed to build a team and Melo failed at being a savior. People want so bad to hand this team to someone not named Melo when in reality this team was never Melo's to begin with and it won't be KP's. This is Dolan's team and the team reflects him and always will.

knicks need this:

http://devzone.positivecoach.org/resource/video/doc-rivers-ubuntu-culture-i-am-because-we-are
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#723 » by battabing10 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
Read on Twitter

KP has said this multiple times now.. how he could tell the team wouldn't be good from the beginning. He seems so disgusted with the whole situation. This was supposed to be a huge year for his career and for the Knicks, and I know he feels like he didn't get a fair chance to be that guy.

But man, I love KP and I love the way he speaks and I love the determination he has. He said he's learning how to be a leader which is great to hear. Hang in there, Zinger!

kp6 understand ubuntu. melo and rose don't. triangle is a good way to be ubuntu too.

http://devzone.positivecoach.org/resource/video/doc-rivers-ubuntu-culture-i-am-because-we-are
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#724 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
I was going to guess who And-1'ed your posts and to my surprise it was...drum roll please.....3totheheadmelo.

Porzingis is the future of the franchise and the only hope this team has of ever doing anything productive in the foreseeable future. He is young and full of potential. Hence why people are willing to give him time to develop and are high on him, as is most of the NBA collectively.

Melo is part of the old guard and has failed miserably. He has no place in the future of this team and it's time to move on. You can take that as an insult. I take it as reality. This is the 100% truth and reality to the current situation.

Melo would be best served leaving, for himself and for the Knicks.

What you're doing is giving excuses for the excessive nastiness being thrown at Melo. You can think KP is the future. He's 21 and Melo is 32...duh, but calling our best player a cancer, selfish and **** on and on and on is uncalled for when it's all supposedly because you want to "start fresh" with KP. That's the stuff that has people start to overrate players and place the weight of the franchise on one individuals shoulders. That shouldn't be. It's this behavior/practice that eventually turns heros into villains for no good reason. It's why the sane people on this board know KP is next to go through the nonsense. Marbury went through it and Ewing before him. All the same.

Melo didn't come here and suck. He came here, got paid, played well and failed to carry a bad team to the promise land. That's his crime. He's not the devil and yet people want to paint him as that. People love to say he's Dominick Wilkins, but the funny thing is Hawk fans have nothing but love for dude. They don't treat him like an abomination. All around the NBA players that have been really good but come up short don't get this much hate. Only NY and LA. I don't even think Pierce got this type of hate from Boston before KG and Ray. NY fans and media stay doing too much.

Every player in the NBA gets hate from somewhere. Hell, you throw tons of nasty hatefullness towards Shumpert, Lin, KP, and Lebron. Why do you think it's ok for you to do it, but then cry a river when it happens to Melo? Don't you think that's hypocritical?

The hate towards Melo around here derives from his own doing - playing selfish, and holding the team hostage with his ntc.

Overall I think he's a good guy, but his time has run it's course in NY, unless he is willing to take a greatly reduced role with the team. I think he'd be a great player off the bench if he were to stay. If he's willing to do that, then it's probably worth keeping him around.

I hated Shumpert. He sucked. Melo didn't suck and you know it. However, I never came for dudes character or family like many seem to do here to Melo. There has to be a line. I never called dude a cancer, which is a word that fans like to throw around lightly.

Yeah I do hate LeBron. That mofo ain't never put on a Knick jersey so fuq him for life on a real note.

Never hated Lin. I hated his fans overrating the fuq out of him. However, I never once came for his character calling him a cancer and what not. That's when fans take **** too far. Dude was in a Knicks jersey. I didn't think he was the second coming as many here did, but I didn't hate him at all. Still don't.

^^^This somewhat applies to KP as well. He's overrated and fans are putting unrealistic expectations on him instead of leaving him be. I have never once called KP selfish, stupid, punk, jackass or any of the sort. I talk basketball. Just because it doesn't line up with your thought process on his game doesn't make me a hater. Just like Tron went in on Melo's defense. I didn't call him a hater or troll. I disagreed on reasons and solutions but at the end of the day Tron was talking ball. I don't have to agree with him but that doesn't make him a troll or hater.

There are plenty of people that don't like Melo that I and other Melo supporters get along with just fine. It's the posters that like placing all blame on one player calling him a cancer or saying irrational things like Melo is holding this team hostage that's gets a side eye.

Moving on...

As far as a solutions on how to get the most productive Melo I have been very consistent for years. Simply play him full time at PF.

KP is a center. I've been consistent with that thought as well. So Melo and KP aren't in each others way and they both play more productive defense at those positions.

The problem is we have too many centers and not enough wings. Phil needs to balance the roster this offseason.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#725 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm

The management decisions since Melo came on board till the PJax era were abysmal. Using the amnesty on Billups instead of opting out and trading an unprotected 1st for Bargs are among the stupidest decisions of the decade in the NBA. We had a decent at best roster around Melo becaus eif these decisions.

There was a small window where they could of made some noise with Melo once PJax came on. But in typical Knicks fashion, they blew it instead of being patient for one more year.

It could not be more apparent that this organization is terrible at FA and trades.

Tank through 2019 to draft our core, hope we land the overwhelming talent needed to overcome the dysfunction and pray this management team doesn't get hosed as we sell off the good pieces left on this crap roster.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,431

Post#726 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:55 pm

i keep telling you. we gotta ban everyone. we first must destroy realgm before we can rebuild a better place. a place where grown people don't get electroic and1s for using terms like professor peyote and calling melo fat. on 2nd thought, just leave it the way it is.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,595

Post#727 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:i keep telling you. we gotta ban everyone. we first must destroy realgm before we can rebuild a better place. a place where grown people don't get electroic and1s for using terms like professor peyote and calling melo fat. on 2nd thought, just leave it the way it is.

Electronic?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#728 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i keep telling you. we gotta ban everyone. we first must destroy realgm before we can rebuild a better place. a place where grown people don't get electroic and1s for using terms like professor peyote and calling melo fat. on 2nd thought, just leave it the way it is.

Electronic?

virtual might have been better....they can't all be gems
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,595

Post#729 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Electronic?

The word you used was "electroic." I actually googled it :oops: Don't want to miss the nuance of a joke...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#730 » by April madness » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:19 pm

There won't be a better place. The only consolation for a Knicks realgmer is that when we all finally get to the hell, we'll be well prepared.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#731 » by NYKAL » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:

What you're doing is giving excuses for the excessive nastiness being thrown at Melo. You can think KP is the future. He's 21 and Melo is 32...duh, but calling our best player a cancer, selfish and **** on and on and on is uncalled for when it's all supposedly because you want to "start fresh" with KP. That's the stuff that has people start to overrate players and place the weight of the franchise on one individuals shoulders. That shouldn't be. It's this behavior/practice that eventually turns heros into villains for no good reason. It's why the sane people on this board know KP is next to go through the nonsense. Marbury went through it and Ewing before him. All the same.

Melo didn't come here and suck. He came here, got paid, played well and failed to carry a bad team to the promise land. That's his crime. He's not the devil and yet people want to paint him as that. People love to say he's Dominick Wilkins, but the funny thing is Hawk fans have nothing but love for dude. They don't treat him like an abomination. All around the NBA players that have been really good but come up short don't get this much hate. Only NY and LA. I don't even think Pierce got this type of hate from Boston before KG and Ray. NY fans and media stay doing too much.

Every player in the NBA gets hate from somewhere. Hell, you throw tons of nasty hatefullness towards Shumpert, Lin, KP, and Lebron. Why do you think it's ok for you to do it, but then cry a river when it happens to Melo? Don't you think that's hypocritical?

The hate towards Melo around here derives from his own doing - playing selfish, and holding the team hostage with his ntc.

Overall I think he's a good guy, but his time has run it's course in NY, unless he is willing to take a greatly reduced role with the team. I think he'd be a great player off the bench if he were to stay. If he's willing to do that, then it's probably worth keeping him around.

I hated Shumpert. He sucked. Melo didn't suck and you know it. However, I never came for dudes character or family like many seem to do here to Melo. There has to be a line. I never called dude a cancer, which is a word that fans like to throw around lightly.

Yeah I do hate LeBron. That mofo ain't never put on a Knick jersey so fuq him for life on a real note.

Never hated Lin. I hated his fans overrating the fuq out of him. However, I never once came for his character calling him a cancer and what not. That's when fans take **** too far. Dude was in a Knicks jersey. I didn't think he was the second coming as many here did, but I didn't hate him at all. Still don't.

^^^This somewhat applies to KP as well. He's overrated and fans are putting unrealistic expectations on him instead of leaving him be. I have never once called KP selfish, stupid, punk, jackass or any of the sort. I talk basketball. Just because it doesn't line up with your thought process on his game doesn't make me a hater. Just like Tron went in on Melo's defense. I didn't call him a hater or troll. I disagreed on reasons and solutions but at the end of the day Tron was talking ball. I don't have to agree with him but that doesn't make him a troll or hater.

There are plenty of people that don't like Melo that I and other Melo supporters get along with just fine. It's the posters that like placing all blame on one player calling him a cancer or saying irrational things like Melo is holding this team hostage that's gets a side eye.

Moving on...

As far as a solutions on how to get the most productive Melo I have been very consistent for years. Simply play him full time at PF.

KP is a center. I've been consistent with that thought as well. So Melo and KP aren't in each others way and they both play more productive defense at those positions.

The problem is we have too many centers and not enough wings. Phil needs to balance the roster this offseason.

Good post Greenie. I posted something along the same lines on Thursday....guys act like these guys are robots instead of caring, feeling humans with families and children in many cases. I would not want my children to read what some here have wrote about players.

That said, anyone sick of Melo needs to recognize that New York NEVER gave him a decent point guard except for the small sample of play time with Billups and JKidd. When he's had a point guard with a pulse, he's had great years. You force him to constantly have to create for himself and you get: ISO MELO. Not his fault.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#732 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:29 pm

The fact that having Melo come off the bench is a real debate on here while he averages 23/6/3 on decent efficiency shows the general lack of knowledge spewed amongst the same group of people who continue to derail thread after thread... There is nobody else in the league even close to being capable of that coming off of the bench... And I'll still get bashed for being a Melo stan or whatever, but this is an absurd notion that shouldn't even be discussed. Greenie may take it over the top some times with how she defends Melo, but the issues on this board come from both sides of the argument here.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#733 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Electronic?

The word you used was "electroic." I actually googled it :oops: Don't want to miss the nuance of a joke...

oh. i see. just a typo. sounds like some kind of modern lounge music genre. space age bongos and what not.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#734 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm

April madness wrote:

There won't be a better place. The only consolation for a Knicks realgmer is that when we all finally get to the hell, we'll be well prepared.

very negative. but highly accurate.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#735 » by April madness » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:
April madness wrote:

very negative. but highly accurate.

I'm not a pessimist, I am just a well-informed optimist. 8-)
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#736 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#737 » by poeman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Carmelo needs to think harder.
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#738 » by ny-n-md » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm

The Knicks need a clear vision for the direction of the team. Phil has to provide that. If Melo stays it shouldn't effect the plan. I just get tired of seeing Melo catch all the blame around here, this place is toxic. We win as a team but when we lose blame Melo.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#739 » by Hemispheres » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:27 pm

ny-n-md wrote:The Knicks need a clear vision for the direction of the team. Phil has to provide that. If Melo stays it shouldn't effect the plan. I just get tired of seeing Melo catch all the blame around here, this place is toxic. We win as a team but when we lose blame Melo.

The optimistic way of looking at it is maybe Phil met with Melo and they decided to give the retool one more shot (i.e. Rose, Noah, Lee acquisitions). Now that that's failed spectacularly he will commit to the full rebuild.

We shall see.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#740 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh, now you're doing the thinking, fatty.

Return to New York Knicks