Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Re: Warriors upset because KD was not pampered by OKC mgmt. For real? 

Post#41 » by yesh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm

I love the way a thread on here about overreacting, causes way too many people to...well...overreact.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#42 » by They_Them_Hatin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:31 pm

I think they should of done a video tribute. They've been labeled as a class act franchise.

If this news is true(which honestly I think it is) the Warriors need to calm down. They're not a dynasty yet. The entire league does not have to bow down to them.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#43 » by MisterHibachi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm not surprised, part of the KD deal was that the Warriors would do their best to protect his image. So this is the Warriors trying to coddle KD, without realizing they look like a bunch of whiners. I wouldn't be surprised if they or KD's agent wrote this verbatim and emailed it to Haynes to publish.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#44 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm

This just makes the Warriors look bad and soft not okc
Raptors til death
Bizzy_Bee
Junior
And1: 542

Post#45 » by Bizzy_Bee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm

This reeks of our big mouth owner crying to a media member. He's a great owner but such a baby
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,345

Post#46 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Warriors are such victims in life.

Torchmode wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:He blatantly shoved Russ Smith to the ground out of pure frustration because Louisville was winning. You know this, but your shtick requires you to defend it, so whatever.

Is Russ Smith in the NBA? Doubt it he doesent have basic skills like moving your feet.

He tried to be a hero and dribble between the defenders legs, lost the ball, then panicked and threw him to the ground. And the defender moving his feet is called a blocking foul. Do you have a point here?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#47 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 pm

ugh, he left them in his prime. They shouldn't be expecting anything. Now, if after ten years of retirement they still hold a grudge and won't acknowledge what he did for the organization that would be a different issue entirely. Anyways, the Warriors have no reason to complain about how Durant was treated. On the other hand, what his mother had to take while attending the game was completely disgusting.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,307

Post#48 » by nbafan38 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:47 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:I'm not surprised, part of the KD deal was that the Warriors would do their best to protect his image. So this is the Warriors trying to coddle KD, without realizing they look like bitch made whiners. I wouldn't be surprised if they or KD's agent wrote this verbatim and emailed it to Haynes to publish.

The warriors organization and Durant don't get it, anytime they talk they look worse, they are the bad guys in this whole saga and thats okay, thats the role they should just embrace instead of trying to change peoples minds. Westbrook can no wrong and Durant can do no right in terms of public opinion but Durant can win rings.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,335

Post#49 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Do you really think a man whos making millions of dollars playing in cali is going to really care what the midwest americans think of him?

The implication that people in California are somehow better than in Middle America is pretty rich.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#50 » by London2Boston » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Do you really think a man whos making millions of dollars playing in cali is going to really care what the midwest americans think of him?

The implication that people in California are somehow better than in Middle America is pretty rich.

You would think there was a lesson from the Election.. :lol:
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#51 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Torchmode wrote:I feel like GSW actually has some of the toughest players in this NBA this year.

West, Barnes, Zaza, Draymond are well known gritty defenders and are far from soft.

CLE is actually has the soft players this year, which explains why they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Coming from a team whose best player is crying about how his former team hurt his feelings, and the other best player cried and threw temper-tantrums all 2016 NBA Finals because people were playing him physical and he didn't know how to play defense.

Yeah ok.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#52 » by JohnWillow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Torchmode wrote:I feel like GSW actually has some of the toughest players in this NBA this year.

West, Barnes, Zaza, Draymond are well known gritty defenders and are far from soft.

CLE is actually has the soft players this year, which explains why they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#53 » by MaxRider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm

What do they expect? Every team they visit need to have a welcome party for them? Jeez.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,492

Post#54 » by Bergmaniac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 pm

So Durant's feelings are really hurt that people dared to call him soft and is still whining to his bosses about it. This will surely show everyone they were totally wrong to call him "soft". Or maybe not.
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#55 » by hongdayuan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:02 pm

A wiretap article talks about warriors mindset in feb yet only quoting Okc management from July. And now realgm celebrating as they just found a new reason to hate the warriors, and it's not even like they need any more reasons.

Quick, it's abt the warriors, you can leave your rationales behind.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,307

Post#56 » by nbafan38 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:07 pm

hongdayuan wrote:A wiretap article talks about warriors mindset in feb yet only quoting Okc management from July. And now realgm celebrating as they just found a new reason to hate the warriors, and it's not even like they need any more reasons.

Quick, it's abt the warriors, you can leave your rationales behind.

Because OKC management did what they needed to do in July when he left, they were respectful and classy. It's absolutely ridiculous to say that OKC management need to throw a whole big thank you welcome to Durant in February months after he left. Both Durant has moved on and the OKC franchise has moved on from him by that point.

Sure realgm has an anti-warrior bias I will acknowledge that but the warriors do it to themselves, Green and even at times their higher ups make really quite frankly narcissistic comments.
Jonatton Yeah
Veteran
And1: 4,062

Post#57 » by Jonatton Yeah » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

God, I am so over this whole thing. OKC needs to move on. GSW needs to shut up. Media needs to just stop. This whole charade has become immensely cringeworthy. From WB saying he doesn't know who Curry is to this asinine cupcake thing which is not funny nor creative to this apparent whinging about Durant and how they perceive he was treated. JUST STOP. PLEASE.
That's hilarious and co
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#58 » by Slim_Charles » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Lol @ the Warriors... cry and complain about everything. Act all cocky then get all sensitive
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#59 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm

They really should bake him a batch of cupcakes.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Le-Lyonnais
Freshman
And1: 79

Post#60 » by Le-Lyonnais » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Guys, the author of this "article" is also the one who wrote that pile of crap :

http://www.espn.com/blog/golden-state-warriors/post/_/id/3716/saturday-shows-why-kevin-durant-left-russell-westbrook

Honnestly, I don't know if It's true but if It is, then both KD and the Warriors' top brass are delusionnal.

Were they really expecting a video tribute ? Are they really crying about it ? :lol:

I know a guy in OKC who most certainly expected at least a phone call and never got one. You didn't hear him cry afterwards.

I really hope all of this isn't true because the only ones looking bad if it is, are the Warriors.

Return to The General Board