ImageImageImageImageImage

Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Re: Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball 

Post#81 » by koogiking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
You're right.

He is the type to take 25 shots a game at 34 years old.

This is what people are talking about. What's with the low blows at all times?

Why is that a low blow? Is that not true?

A low blow would be something that isn't true.

In reality he only takes about 18 shots per game so it is a low blow technically...
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#82 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Realize their skills, bodies and games don't line up, but one instructive lesson on Ball would maybe be Bobby Hurley. A guy who could operate in college but had a lot more trouble in the NBA ... Ball has a better shot, literally and figuratively, but still.

Hurley was not translating before the car accident.

Ball might be at least very good in the NBA but can't say I'm sold on All Star or the Kidd comparisons.

He's the kind of guy who would dominate overseas but the NBA is different.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,610

Post#83 » by Billy Goat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:No matter who we draft we should try to trade Melo

Agreed. But they need to get some serious value back and not just basically dump him.

Melo's on a max deal with a NTC. You're not getting value back there. He's a total sunk cost with total control on where he goes. The Knicks are staring at a buyout situation if he's not willing to budge on destinations or leaving at all.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#84 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm

If we happen to luck into Ball (who I'd take #1 over Fultz) then there's no way Melo is waiving his NTC. We finally get him some more supporting talent and OP thinks he'll agree to a trade?

If we do get Ball then we let him and KP develop for two years while Melo's contract expires and then move on from there.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#85 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Get Ball and trade for Rubio. Let's undo decades of ignoring the most important position in the sport
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#86 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:If we happen to luck into Ball (who I'd take #1 over Fultz) then there's no way Melo is waiving his NTC. We finally get him some more supporting talent and OP thinks he'll agree to a trade?

If we do get Ball then we let him and KP develop for two years while Melo's contract expires and then move on from there.

I think it's a mistake for the Knicks not to trade him no matter what ... because I think it's a mistake to think that Ball would be able to change Melo's game a lot.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#87 » by ctorres » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball and trade him for either Paul George or Jimmy Butler
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#88 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm

ctorres wrote:Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball and trade him for either Paul George or Jimmy Butler

Hypothetical: no
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#89 » by spree8 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Greenie wrote:
spree8 wrote:We are supposed to say what we think will happen or should happen if we draft Lonzo.

In this scenario, come FA, DRose's agent wouldn't even have his phone calls returned by Phil.

I could see Phil still bringing him back.

I don't think Dolan would even allow that. Pay a bad pg near max money when you just drafted the best pg in the draft? I don't even think Isiah would be that dumb.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#90 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:03 pm

ctorres wrote:Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball and trade him for either Paul George or Jimmy Butler

Duck!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:03 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
SmoothLefty21 wrote:If we happen to luck into Ball (who I'd take #1 over Fultz) then there's no way Melo is waiving his NTC. We finally get him some more supporting talent and OP thinks he'll agree to a trade?

I think it's a mistake for the Knicks not to trade him no matter what ... because I think it's a mistake to think that Ball would be able to change Melo's game a lot.

For some people in this thread, Ball is like the missing piece for Melo. The delusions never end.

Get Melo the F outta here. I don't care if the Knicks end up with a Michael Jordan/LeBron James hybrid.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

Duck!

Damn, was that Christian Brinkley? And who threw that ball? Aaron Rodgers?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#93 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:If the Knicks get ball, we have to surround him with shooters. I would probably keep Lee and possibly Melo as well. Remember how well Melo played when he actually played with a true point guard (Kidd).

yeah but i'd rather be in a position to draft luka doncic.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#94 » by Blockwatcher » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Ball and KP and Willy under control for the next few years? You would be doing a disservice to the franchise not blowing it up and building around them ASAP.
1 John 2 : 15-17
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#95 » by ctorres » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey, Cavs traded Wiggins for Love.

Anything is possible.

I am not saying it's a move I would encourage. It's just a move that I would not put past Phil.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#96 » by battabing10 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

For some people in this thread, Ball is like the missing piece for Melo. The delusions never end.

Get Melo the F outta here. I don't care if the Knicks end up with a Michael Jordan/LeBron James hybrid.

if we can't get ball i think phil goes euro again an drafts nklitina. 6'11" wingspan and good defender.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#97 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

I wish we traded Melo years ago. I wish we never re-signed him. Too many people on this board act like Melo doesn't have a NTC. If he doesn't want to be traded during the dumpster fire we've had the last three seasons then why in the world would he want to be traded when you add someone like Ball to the equation?
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:20 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:If the Knicks get ball, we have to surround him with shooters. I would probably keep Lee and possibly Melo as well. Remember how well Melo played when he actually played with a true point guard (Kidd).

yeah but i'd rather be in a position to draft luka doncic.

Same. I don't wanna hear about how Lonzo is a great fit for Melo and vice versa, even if there's some truth to it. It's not the point. Rebuild. If you get Lonzo, Jackson, Fultz.. rebuild and don't look back.

Lonzo on this exact team is still no where near a title contender. Why not get shed the vets and play the youth? If they can make the playoffs without Melo, then you know you've drafted something special. If not, it's to be expected anyway, and you get another lotto pick.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#99 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:No matter who we draft we should try to trade Melo

Agreed. But they need to get some serious value back and not just basically dump him.

Melo's on a max deal with a NTC. You're not getting value back there. He's a total sunk cost with total control on where he goes. The Knicks are staring at a buyout situation if he's not willing to budge on destinations or leaving at all.

Other then the NTC, his contract isn't bad. Max contracts are going to be starting at up to $36mil per, with $200+mil total deals to put things in perspective. He will have 2 years left on a reasonable deal.

If we shop him during the offseason/free agency will probably be easier to make things work and can find more teams. Just have to convince Melo. Won't get full value, but we should be able to get something.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#100 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm