Who would you prefer get the top 3 picks if your team doesn't get one?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Who would you prefer get the top 3 picks if your team doesn't get one? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm

For me, it would have to be Orlando, Charlotte and NY.

Mostly because I would rather see the top prospects head to the other conference, but Charlotte deserves some success, and plays hard, Orlando has had a tough time as of late, and NY could use some success.
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,195

Re: Who would you prefer get the top 3 picks if your team doesn't get one? 

Post#2 » by antonac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm

The Mavs if they don't make it, much for the same reason you picked Charlotte, they haven't had a high pick in ages, yet keep trying to keep their team going and competitive, I'd love them to pick up a real star to replace Dirk.

The kings because the finally bit the bullet on Cousins and have very little to work with.

The Magic as I don't think they've ever intended to tank but they are just miles off being a decent team.
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,339

Post#3 » by Gary Cokeman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 pm

I'd give picks 1 and 2 to the Kings, poor fellas. Pick 3 to the Suns cause I like Devin Booker and we gotta keep that talent out West.
My Teams Always Suck.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,756

Post#4 » by GrandTheftRondo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Was tempted to say the Kings but I just remembered how badly they've drafted since 2009. Hard to feel sorry for them anymore, despite me wanting to see the Kings back in the playoffs.

Orlando. They've become such a boring talentless franchise since trading Dwight. No direction at all and have essentially blown 6 years of a rebuild. If they don't get a franchise talent in one of the next few drafts there's a big chance they become one of those teams who go through several decades of irrelevance.

Charlotte is sort of like Orlando. They've been okay recently, better in recent seasons than I expected but they're still largely irrelevant. They'd be a team I could get behind getting a talented prospect.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,327

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Gary Cokeman wrote:I'd give picks 1 and 2 to the Kings, poor fellas.

And sadly this is impossible. The Pels pick is protected and if their own pick is better than Philly's they have to swap. They could get pick 2 if they and Philly finish 1 and 2, but the Pelicans pick will almost certainly be in the 2nd half of the lottery.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,333

Post#6 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:08 pm

As a Sixers fan, I say the Kings.

No ulterior motive. Just random.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#7 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Lakers

Knicks

Celtics

If TNT and espn are gonna force fed big markets. I hope they get excitng players so it's watchable lol
Raptors til death
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#8 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Suns, Kings, and 76ers.
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#9 » by Alienware » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

I'd say the Nets, but their pick goes to Boston so definitely no.

My 3 would be Magic, Hornets and Mavs. Three teams that I don't have reason to hate and that badly need a lucky break.

That said though, let's hope is us.

Inviato dal mio OnePlus 3T utilizzando Tapatalk
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#10 » by RightToCensor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:19 pm

If it could be any team then I'd want them to go to Brooklyn (not acknowledging the Boston trade), Atlanta, and Washington.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#11 » by JohnWillow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:Was tempted to say the Kings but I just remembered how badly they've drafted since 2009. Hard to feel sorry for them anymore, despite me wanting to see the Kings back in the playoffs.

Orlando. They've become such a boring talentless franchise since trading Dwight. No direction at all and have essentially blown 6 years of a rebuild. If they don't get a franchise talent in one of the next few drafts there's a big chance they become one of those teams who go through several decades of irrelevance.

Charlotte is sort of like Orlando. They've been okay recently, better in recent seasons than I expected but they're still largely irrelevant. They'd be a team I could get behind getting a talented prospect.

Gonna say again, when Ranadive came here the only really bad draft pick I remember is Nik Stauskas.
Since Vlade is here i'm ok with the guys he drafted. So I trust him.

2015 draft: WCS- I'm ok with Willy, love him.
2016 draft: Papagiannis- Having himself nice little b2b games, avg 10 points and 10.5 reb in those two games against Thunder and Spurs.
Malachi Richardson- Before getting hurt was playing very well and was getting more and more minutes.
Skal- No need to say anything here, he scored 32 points, and has scored 10+ points in 7 out of the last 9 games.

Before Vlade got the job, I would agree with your point, that the Kings draft record is bad, but now hell to the naw.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#12 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm

hmm maybe a better thread would be which team do you not want to get the top 3 picks?

Suns
Kings
Blazers

And to answer my own question:
Boston can kick rocks
Orlando can kick rocks
Mmm...toss-up between 76ers and LA at the end
antonac
Starter

Post#13 » by antonac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:04 pm

a lot of people have said the Suns and I really like their young team, in a couple of seasons they could be the new bucks, some young talent and hopefully a superstar looking like he's emerging out of them (whether Skal, Chriss or booker) BUT I don't want them to get a top 3 pick because I really want to see them persevere with Ulis, he's a fascinating player to watch, and I feel top 3 picks will be guards.

I guess maybe if they got the 3rd it would be ok.

I suppose I actually kinda do also want to see Boston get one, just to see how that plays out. if we're going to be doing stacked teams like the Cavs and Warriors I'd rather see another player enter that end of the league rather than just boosting a lottery team.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#14 » by Mirjalovic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Orlando Magic

i'm interested if Rob Hennigan trying to be outsmart himself again.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:18 pm

antonac wrote:a lot of people have said the Suns and I really like their young team, in a couple of seasons they could be the new bucks, some young talent and hopefully a superstar looking like he's emerging out of them (whether Skal, Chriss or booker) BUT I don't want them to get a top 3 pick because I really want to see them persevere with Ulis, he's a fascinating player to watch, and I feel top 3 picks will be guards.

I guess maybe if they got the 3rd it would be ok.

I suppose I actually kinda do also want to see Boston get one, just to see how that plays out. if we're going to be doing stacked teams like the Cavs and Warriors I'd rather see another player enter that end of the league rather than just boosting a lottery team.

I assume you mean Bender instead of Skal? Skal plays for the Kings. It seems most Suns fans want Jackson to get us some defense on the wing, but it's tough with Bledsoe possibly injury prone and likely due a big contract/older than core.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#16 » by PDX MM » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:18 pm

New York
Phoenix
Charlotte
antonac
Starter

Post#17 » by antonac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I assume you mean Bender instead of Skal? Skal plays for the Kings. It seems most Suns fans want Jackson to get us some defense on the wing, but it's tough with Bledsoe possibly injury prone and likely due a big contract/older than core.

I meant Skal but just got the entirely wrong team... I knew they had two bigs that were promising so yes Bender. thanks.

but yes, I think the suns do need another piece but none of the top 3 picks are necessary to get the right player. should end up around the 5t and that will be fine.
Eazy E
Senior
And1: 178

Post#18 » by Eazy E » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Pelicans. I don't think the Boogie/AD combination is going to go well. It would be nice to see another franchise level talent play with Anthony Davis so we don't see another generational star spend the majority of his career on a team that can't compete for a championship.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:25 pm

antonac wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I assume you mean Bender instead of Skal? Skal plays for the Kings. It seems most Suns fans want Jackson to get us some defense on the wing, but it's tough with Bledsoe possibly injury prone and likely due a big contract/older than core.

I meant Skal but just got the entirely wrong team... I knew they had two bigs that were promising so yes Bender. thanks.

but yes, I think the suns do need another piece but none of the top 3 picks are necessary to get the right player. should end up around the 5t and that will be fine.

Yeah, if they finish 3rd worst their most probable pick is 5th anyway, so we all assume they miss Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Tatum anyway....so it comes down to Isaac or Smith, Jr. Maybe Fox though I think we have enough Kentucky guys.

kukenotas
Junior
And1: 71

Post#20 » by kukenotas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Kings, suns, sixers, lakers, boston.

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board