ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Walking Dead Season 7

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Re: OT: The Walking Dead Season 7 

Post#461 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:The plot just doesn't make any sense.

They're pretty much following the comic. Just to sum it up, Rick is going to get as many groups together to fight Negan. Sasha and Rosita went rogue because they loved Abraham's orange D so much they done lost their damn minds. By the last episode we will be at All Out War (and it will be great and you will love it! :lol: )

What are your questions Daniel San? The warrior monks here will try their best to answer them.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,228

Post#462 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

They're pretty much following the comic. Just to sum it up, Rick is going to get as many groups together to fight Negan. Sasha and Rosita went rogue because they loved Abraham's orange D so much they done lost their damn minds. By the last episode we will be at All Out War (and it will be great and you will love it! :lol: )

What are your questions Daniel San? The warrior monks here will try their best to answer them.

Just seems like it doesn't follow any kind of logic, like an 80's horror movie.

For example, why rush in to get Neagan when they had a perfectly good sniping spot? Sure, by coincidence Eugene announces they will search the abandoned buildings for walkers (aren’t there walkers everywhere??), but wouldn’t it make sense to leave and come back later? Or just wait for Neagan to show back up to their camp again and take him out then? It really was a perfect spot. Ok, so they left and were able to walk right up to the front/back door and get in pretty easily…Sasha somehow locks Rosita out of a fence....really she thought all of that thru and was carrying a masterlock? I dont know. That entire sequence was too contrived and pointless. Plus why not just wait when the rest of the group is finally on board??

In general, the story arcs and character arcs keep repeating. Every episode the Saviors show up at someones camp unexpectedly, bust some balls to piss people off and Daryl hides in a closet somewhere. The characters keep flip flopping from hero to coward to hero. Morgan and Carol are back, but now Eugene is back in coward mode. I don't know anything about the comic or spoilers, but my guess is Daryl will flop personalities next when this is over (probably after Carol dies).

I am waiting for the war but you know they are just setting this up with a big cliff hanger that will wrap up next season.

But yeah I still watch so I guess they are doing something right :lol:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,282

Post#463 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

For example, why rush in to get Neagan when they had a perfectly good sniping spot? Sure, by coincidence Eugene announces they will search the abandoned buildings for walkers (aren’t there walkers everywhere??), but wouldn’t it make sense to leave and come back later? Or just wait for Neagan to show back up to their camp again and take him out then? It really was a perfect spot. Ok, so they left and were able to walk right up to the front/back door and get in pretty easily…Sasha somehow locks Rosita out of a fence....really she thought all of that thru and was carrying a masterlock? I dont know. That entire sequence was too contrived and pointless. Plus why not just wait when the rest of the group is finally on board??

In general, the story arcs and character arcs keep repeating. Every episode the Saviors show up at someones camp unexpectedly, bust some balls to piss people off and Daryl hides in a closet somewhere. The characters keep flip flopping from hero to coward to hero. Morgan and Carol are back, but now Eugene is back in coward mode. I don't know anything about the comic or spoilers, but my guess is Daryl will flop personalities next when this is over (probably after Carol dies).

I am waiting for the war but you know they are just setting this up with a big cliff hanger that will wrap up next season.

Didn't they have more than one scoped rifle? They could have set up in a pair in different windows and dropped Negan and another person at the same time....a lot felt wrong with that episode.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,416

Post#464 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 pm

This show is so bad.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#465 » by HighRyzer83 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:04 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Don't bet on it

Big things coming

That's what Gould said about the final 3 episodes. I didn't dislike last night's show like some others here though I thought there'd be more action. All that said, I believe you're right. Shyt gonna hit the fan.

People act like every episode has to be fast and the furious 11 or something

Part of what makes this show so good is that they are unafraid to take a breath, take a beat, develop some characters, and then kill them. Lol

You can't just off everyone with no stakes

You gotta build character too

You can't just have all action, you need to have pauses as well

Expect more action soon

People always need something to bitch about. Everyone will continue to love and watch like an addict, then complain how terrible it was. Its the human condition
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#466 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:This show is so bad.

you're still watching it tho
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#467 » by PeoplesChamp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 am

I think the audiences today are too accustomed to fast paced storytelling and have no patience for development. Personally I prefer extended story arcs and spending time with the characters so I develop attachments to them and actually give a damn when something happens.

That being said, they've told about 4 episodes worth of story in 14. It's clear the show is being milked for every dime it's worth now. I'm definitely going back to binge watching this next season. So I can plow through it in days instead of months.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#468 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:09 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

Yup, says something about me.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#469 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 am

PeoplesChamp wrote: Personally I prefer extended story arcs and spending time with the characters

I do too. The problem is that TWD doesn't really have compelling characters.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#470 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:48 am

A little spoiler action for Episode 15. Should be pretty good.

Spoiler:
Oceanside and Dwight
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#471 » by Handledatruth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

Yup, says something about me.

Enough practice from being a Knick fan right? :D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#472 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:05 am

I enjoyed this episode, though I thought they rushed through a couple things. The first being the initial interaction between Rosita and Dwight and how that all played out and he ended up in that cell in Alexandria. The other being Sasha's capture by The Saviors once she entered their quarters.

Negan had some great lines tonight. "Rapey Davey" ... LOL
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,600

Post#473 » by bishnykfan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:21 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I enjoyed this episode, though I thought they rushed through a couple things. The first being the initial interaction between Rosita and Dwight and how that all played out and he ended up in that cell in Alexandria. The other being Sasha's capture by The Saviors once she entered their quarters.

Good episode...although I agree they rushed the Rosita and Dwight meeting. Considering how slow this season has been they should have showed something so important to the outcome of AOW. I didn't need to see Sasha's capture though. She ran into his compound, I think it is pretty clear she was going to get caught.

I liked the setup though for next week and next season. Very good episode.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#474 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am

bishnykfan wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I enjoyed this episode, though I thought they rushed through a couple things. The first being the initial interaction between Rosita and Dwight and how that all played out and he ended up in that cell in Alexandria. The other being Sasha's capture by The Saviors once she entered their quarters.

Good episode...although I agree they rushed the Rosita and Dwight meeting. Considering how slow this season has been they should have showed something so important to the outcome of AOW. I didn't need to see Sasha's capture though. She ran into his compound, I think it is pretty clear she was going to get caught.

I liked the setup though for next week and next season. Very good episode.

Exactly. And, yes, I agree that Sasha's capture wasn't as significant as the Dwight/Rosita connection but more than some of the other mundane material they spent time on this past season.

Looks like next week's season finale will be action packed. Looking forward to it.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#475 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 am

Dammit, bye Sasha!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#476 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:52 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Yes you will. Yes you will. :lol: As will I.

Yeah, the whole Sasha and Rosita going rogue really didn't make much sense from the beginning. And then Jesus and Enid not telling Maggie immediately made no sense either. As Jesus said on tonight's episode "Gee, I guess I should've done more to stop Sasha and Rosita." Duh, ya think? :lol:

Alas, it is but a TV remake of a comic series and they are trying to remain mostly loyal to the story arc. I just think they misfired on the time allotment given to certain developments this season.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#477 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:Dammit, bye Sasha!

I think she jumped the pill here by choosing to off herself so quickly without seeing if she could manipulate the situation from within or trying to help broker a deal while looking to get another shot at Negan.

Abraham must have laid that pipe just right because Sasha and Rosita done lost their damn minds over losing him. They've lost sight of the bigger picture.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,305

Post#478 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:25 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I think she jumped the pill here by choosing to off herself so quickly without seeing if she could manipulate the situation from within or trying to help broker a deal while looking to get another shot at Negan.

Abraham must have laid that pipe just right because Sasha and Rosita done lost their damn minds over losing him. They've lost sight of the bigger picture.

She wasn't looking to kill herself. She was looking to get a weapon and try again to kill Negan. She was not happy that he gave her a pill. That's what I got from that whole exchange. She was trying to play Eugene and it backfired.
:beer: RIP mags
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#479 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:00 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

She wasn't looking to kill herself. She was looking to get a weapon and try again to kill Negan. She was not happy that he gave her a pill. That's what I got from that whole exchange. She was trying to play Eugene and it backfired.

Damn, you're right. Good call. The whole idea that she wanted to commit suicide wasn't sitting right with me when that unfolded because it seemed so unlike her to want to go out like that. But I thought about Eugene agreeing with her that Abraham wouldn't want her to join The Saviors. Then I thought that maybe if she was dumb enough to make such an emotional and boneheaded decision to go rogue, maybe's she that screwed up emotionally.

:thumbsup:

Re Sasha in the next episode:

Spoiler:
But Sasha will still die. She's going to kinda/sorta get Holly's death from the comics.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,741

Post#480 » by Fat » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Damn, you're right. Good call. The whole idea that she wanted to commit suicide wasn't sitting right with me when that unfolded because it seemed so unlike her to want to go out like that. But I thought about Eugene agreeing with her that Abraham wouldn't want her to join The Saviors. Then I thought that maybe if she was dumb enough to make such an emotional and boneheaded decision to go rogue, maybe's she that screwed up emotionally.

:thumbsup:

Re Sasha in the next episode:

Spoiler:
But Sasha will still die. She's going to kinda/sorta get Holly's death from the comics.

:D whoever starts getting the most screen time is usually the goner not even surprised by the spoiler
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks