ImageImageImageImageImage

Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Re: Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball 

Post#141 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:15 am

Melo's hinting at leaving........AGAIN

This dude is beyond annoying at this point. Just go melo for God's sake. And STFU while you're at it.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,972

Post#142 » by Reign23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:No matter who we draft we should try to trade Melo

if we finally land a PG that creates for others why should we trade melo then...
draft ball
keep melo, lee, noah, lance as your vets
develop kp, willy and maybe baker
sign another defense first FA

playoffs next season and bright future ahead.
formerly known as knickst4pe
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#143 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 am

Reign23 wrote:

if we finally land a PG that creates for others why should we trade melo then...
draft ball

Melo's not that good anymore and he's only getting worse. It's passed time to cut the cord.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#144 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 am

The Knicks have been in Los Angeles since Saturday ahead of Monday's game.

“Sometimes you need to get in a new environment and feel a different type of energy and vibe,’’ Anthony said.

Anthony was referring to his team, but he probably could have been talking about his career, too.

“Over the years, I’ve grown to like it,’’ Anthony said. “I think as you get older, you start looking for places you can relax and enjoy and be good over the years. L.A. has been a place where my family feels comfortable at. We’ve been here for seven years now.’’

Anthony was asked about the Knicks not being a playoff team this season.

“I’ve come to grips with that,’’ Anthony said. “I had times to think about that over how many weeks it’s been, trying to utilize time to clear my mind and be at peace with it — our situation.”

Asked if he thinks if it will ever happen in L.A., Anthony said: “Honestly I think about it a lot. I try to put everything in perspective. I think about it all. I think about here. I think about it. The postseason. My teammates. I think about everything. I think about it a lot and put everything in perspective and hear other people’s take on it. At the end of the day, it’s on me.’’
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Re: RE: Re: Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball 

Post#145 » by DOT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I'm still not sold on Ball. Y'all overrate the college game. A lot of it doesn't translate to NBA.

What in his game is not translatable?

I have doubts about his ability to create space in the NBA, his pull up game, and overall scoring ability
He's behind Fultz and Jackson on my board

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#146 » by spree8 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 am

FirePjax wrote:Melo's hinting at leaving........AGAIN

This dude is beyond annoying at this point. Just go melo for God's sake. And STFU while you're at it.

Yup... he "likes LA". Phil needs to have some makeup sex with Jeanie n get a deal done with the LAL. Get us somethin good Phil !!
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#147 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:25 am

K-DOT wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I'm still not sold on Ball. Y'all overrate the college game. A lot of it doesn't translate to NBA.

I have doubts about his ability to create space in the NBA, his pull up game, and overall scoring ability

That's reasonable but the guy is shooting damn near 55% from the field. And shooting 40% from three. The guy has an unorthodox shot but he can shoot. He's about 6'7 and he will be able to shoot over most pgs in the league.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#148 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:25 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:

We don't have to agree.

I think he's gonna really struggle offensively in nba. He's dominating in the college game but the nba is a very different animal espcially with how deep the guard position is right now.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#149 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:26 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

That's reasonable but the guy is shooting damn near 55% from the field. And shooting 40% from three. The guy has an unorthodox shot but he can shoot. He's about 6'7 and he will be able to shoot over most pgs in the league.

Teams will put their shooting guard on him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#150 » by SARGO127 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 am

Melo and Lee for Deng, Mozgov, Ingram, future 1st
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,603

Post#151 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 am

Reign23 wrote:

draft ball

I feel you. melo would be fun to watch with a real point guard and we should definitely make the playoffs but is playoffs enough for melo? he should be on a team contending for a ring at this point in his career. i really don't want him to leave but it's probably his best choice right now. it's time for him to get a ring
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#152 » by Icandoallthings » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:37 am

Billy Goat wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Melo's on a max deal with a NTC. You're not getting value back there. He's a total sunk cost with total control on where he goes. The Knicks are staring at a buyout situation if he's not willing to budge on destinations or leaving at all.

Carmelo Anthony is not a sunk cost. That's just an idiotic statement. Buyout? Why on earth would the Knicks buy him out? Because they're morons? Anthony not being Lebron James or the same guy from his peak doesn't mean he's absolute crap. He may not net great value but let's not get carried away to the other extreme.

Of course he's a sunk cost. Just because you think he has value doesnt make it true. Add on the fact he has a no trade and a kicker...you're basically staring into the abyss here the next two seasons. The Knicks are obviously not winning anything within the next two years if he stays. Getting other guys shots and opportunities is in the best interest of the team imo. He dominates the ball and doesnt do anything else really well other than take shots. This isnt something franchises are looking to deal for.

You guys with your fancy business terms.
*To the internet*
A sunk cost is a cost that has already been incurred and thus cannot be recovered. A sunk cost differs from future costs that a business may face, such as decisions about inventory purchase costs or product pricing.
The sunk-cost fallacy is when you tell yourself that you can’t quit because of all that time or money you spent. We shouldn’t fall for this fallacy, but we do it all the time.

Is Melo inventory or the product? No I won't fall for it!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball 

Post#153 » by DOT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:38 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

I think he'll be fine, I'm just more sold on Fultz and Jackson at this point, Ball's question marks are just a little bigger than the two of them

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#154 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:39 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I have doubts about his ability to create space in the NBA, his pull up game, and overall scoring ability

Teams will put their shooting guard on him.

Not if his teammate is Devin Booker and or D'Angelo Russell (moved to sg last night). Very high probability he plays with one or the other.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hypothetical: Knicks get Ball 

Post#155 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 am

K-DOT wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I have doubts about his ability to create space in the NBA, his pull up game, and overall scoring ability

I think he'll be fine, I'm just more sold on Fultz and Jackson at this point, Ball's question marks are just a little bigger than the two of them

It also depends what you want though. Fultz could be a Dame Lillard type of player and Ball could be JKidd type of player.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#156 » by Marty McFly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:50 am

so, the anthony family still has a home in la. interesting. lolclippers.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#157 » by sushibear » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:10 am

Marty McFly wrote:

problem is that the clips dont really want him. doc wont trade sheit for him and this isnt denver melo anymore.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#158 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am

Anthony hasn't hinted at anything. The media has.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#159 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am

sushibear wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:

problem is that the clips dont really want him. doc wont trade sheit for him and this isnt denver melo anymore.

? The problem is the Clippers have absolute **** to trade other than their big 3. Even Phil Jackson was apparently smart enough to realize that a package consisting of some combination of Jamal Crawford, JJ Reddick and Austin Rivers...with no draft picks...was crap.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:18 am

Billy Goat wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Melo's on a max deal with a NTC. You're not getting value back there. He's a total sunk cost with total control on where he goes. The Knicks are staring at a buyout situation if he's not willing to budge on destinations or leaving at all.

Carmelo Anthony is not a sunk cost. That's just an idiotic statement. Buyout? Why on earth would the Knicks buy him out? Because they're morons? Anthony not being Lebron James or the same guy from his peak doesn't mean he's absolute crap. He may not net great value but let's not get carried away to the other extreme.

Of course he's a sunk cost. Just because you think he has value doesnt make it true. Add on the fact he has a no trade and a kicker...you're basically staring into the abyss here the next two seasons. The Knicks are obviously not winning anything within the next two years if he stays. Getting other guys shots and opportunities is in the best interest of the team imo. He dominates the ball and doesnt do anything else really well other than take shots. This isnt something franchises are looking to deal for.

Getting what other guys shots and opportunities? The Knicks have Porzingis. That's it. What other guys are you thinking can actually do anything? How about if they just hire all of us and give us a shot? Anthony doesn't do anything well other than take shots? You do realize that you actually have to make baskets to win games right? What Anthony is doing now is what he's always been doing and what A LOT OF OTHER players have been doing that have been valuable for teams that want to win. The main difference is that, unlike many of the other "shot takers" he's had absolutely **** to play with. And since he's been on the Knicks the system has been ****. Tell me one other offensive player of his caliber that has had as little help in a system that not only doesn't fit him but just about anyone else on the team? There is no need to dump him for nothing. If they can't get anything for him then there's no reason to trade him.

Return to New York Knicks