ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#761 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:melo fits so much better on the clips then blake. after the clippers get bounced out the first round the wheels on a deal begin to set in motion. now how phil will get ripped off in this deal remains to be seen. either way those qoutes tells me melo is a goner.

How does Melo fit better than Blake?

spaces the floor better. better three point shooter.

They have Reddick for that, and to some degree Crawford, even have Speights on the cheap for that. Melo is an average 3pt shooter anyway. You don't play Melo at the four just to get jumpers and threes. What they might gain, they lose near the rim in the form of scoring, higher % points, boards and higher level of playmaking.

Melo may provide some things, but what they'd lose really outweighs it.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#762 » by Tron Carter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:How does Melo fit better than Blake?

spaces the floor better. better three point shooter.

They have Reddick for that, and to some degree Crawford, even have Speights on the cheap for that. Melo is an average 3pt shooter anyway. You don't play Melo at the four just to get jumpers and threes. What they might gain, they lose near the rim in the form of scoring, higher % points, boards and higher level of playmaking.

i disagree. i wanna see the clips run more like houston where melo is like ryan anderson on steroids. i think with paul feeding melo the rock he would be shooting the three ball at a very efficient clip.

the blake/dj experiment is over and it failed.
R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#763 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 am

rose is the next rondo
He’s the next Rondo — starter on a short-term deal on a bad team, $15 million a year,” suggested one agent, drawing a comparison to Rajon Rondo, who took a two-year, $27.3 million contract with Chicago last summer.

“There will be a market, but it probably won’t be what he expects,” said another team executive. “I don’t think [the Knicks] will re-sign him. I think he takes less money to go to a better team. He’s not going to go to a Sacramento and lose. He’s made a lot of money. If he could get $8-to-$10 or $10-to-$12 [million] with a team he thinks is good, I think he’ll do that.”

And yet another opposing team executive: “I don’t think anybody’s going to break the bank at all. In that $10-12 [million] range, maybe. I think physically people will be very leery still.”
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#764 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 am

3toheadmelo wrote:rose is the next rondo
He’s the next Rondo — starter on a short-term deal on a bad team, $15 million a year,” suggested one agent, drawing a comparison to Rajon Rondo, who took a two-year, $27.3 million contract with Chicago last summer.

“There will be a market, but it probably won’t be what he expects,” said another team executive. “I don’t think [the Knicks] will re-sign him. I think he takes less money to go to a better team. He’s not going to go to a Sacramento and lose. He’s made a lot of money. If he could get $8-to-$10 or $10-to-$12 [million] with a team he thinks is good, I think he’ll do that.”

And yet another opposing team executive: “I don’t think anybody’s going to break the bank at all. In that $10-12 [million] range, maybe. I think physically people will be very leery still.”

i think he'll go wherever the money is the best. but i don't think it will be very good anywhere. then again with phil in charge and if they both strike out elsewhere, it may be a marriage made in hell and he ends up back here.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,525

Post#765 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:12 am

god shammgod wrote:

i think he'll go wherever the money is the best. but i don't think it will be very good anywhere. then again with phil in charge and if they both strike out elsewhere, it may be a marriage made in hell and he ends up back here.

sums up my feelings at 3:09
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#766 » by Kinglee » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:17 am

Carmelo comes here, teams with Amare to get us to the playoffs. Watch Amare go down, next season he goes against Miami, watch the team go down, and puts on a helluva performance against Miami to get us our first playoff win in ages, then the following season he has a helluva season, literally the only player to show up for game 6 of the east semis, only to watch the DPOY get abused by a guy that was just traded for literally nothing. That was the year we destroyed the Heat in the season and everybody and their mother knew Miami wasn't beating us that season..

Crazy to watch how fans viewed him back then and now view him because we made this stuck up clown the damn president of the team and he had no vision for what to do from the very beginning. Switching coaches, switching players, forcing an offense on a team that no one wants to play in, getting opposing superstars to absolutely blast the organization on the constant basis, but for some reason Carmelo is the fall guy. Corny. Here we had a player who literally begged to come to New York and DELIVERED when given the chance to deliver, but he's the fall guy.

This organization is full of clowns and it's a damn shame that the NY media defends Carmelo more than the fans. Remember when Marbury bought us to the playoffs and made the "best pg in the league comment" and we got destroyed in the playoffs and everybody blames Marbury for the team failing and not acknowledging the roster we had around a very talented Marbury, a point guard that actually loved passing? Remember how Ewing got blasted for missing a layup (pissed me off too) but nobody acknowledge how great the competition was and although he was very damn good we NEVER had the most talented team in the league?

Every era it's the same story. Get one talented player, surround him with a cast that no other team want, and watch us lose and blame the star. Foolishness man, just foolishness.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,940

Post#767 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 am

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

sounds like we'll be taking jamal crawford and some other garbage. the trade is gonna suck. phil will probably get bent over as usual. but make the f*cking trade so everyone here will shut the f*ck up. thank you.

I wouldn't rule out some collusion gymnastics to get a couple of players on the Lakers either. They have some pieces to move.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,940

Post#768 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 am

You don't even have to read too far between the lines to hear "what I'm trying to say is he **** sucks now."
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#769 » by Oscirus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 am

Clippers can't afford Melo and I legit doubt that the Lakers want Melo with that rebuilding project they got going on over there. Maybe if they lose their draft pick this year, something could get worked out, but I doubt it.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,067

Post#770 » by blueNorange » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:14 am

Oscirus wrote:Clippers can't afford Melo and I legit doubt that the Lakers want Melo with that rebuilding project they got going on over there. Maybe if they lose their draft pick this year, something could get worked out, but I doubt it.

magic has the mindset that la has to be must see tv.

you gotta dangle the carrot in front of his face.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#771 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 am

If he's smart, he goes to DAL or SAS. Those guys will use him properly IMO and revive his value for 2018 FA
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,274

Post#772 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:46 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

If he's smart, he goes to DAL or SAS. Those guys will use him properly IMO and revive his value for 2018 FA

DAL I could see. Pop wouldn't touch Rose with a 10 foot pole.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#773 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

DAL I could see. Pop wouldn't touch Rose with a 10 foot pole.

Why not if the price is cheap enough? Great coaches maximize the impact of the strengths and minimize the impact of the weaknesses. I think he could make it work. We've seen him change his style up plenty of times to fit the roster.

A theory lost on our coaches and organization overall.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#774 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:23 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:spaces the floor better. better three point shooter.

i disagree. i wanna see the clips run more like houston where melo is like ryan anderson on steroids. i think with paul feeding melo the rock he would be shooting the three ball at a very efficient clip.

the blake/dj experiment is over and it failed.

Basically. It would be our 54 win season version 2.0.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#775 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 am

Kinglee wrote:Carmelo comes here, teams with Amare to get us to the playoffs. Watch Amare go down, next season he goes against Miami, watch the team go down, and puts on a helluva performance against Miami to get us our first playoff win in ages, then the following season he has a helluva season, literally the only player to show up for game 6 of the east semis, only to watch the DPOY get abused by a guy that was just traded for literally nothing. That was the year we destroyed the Heat in the season and everybody and their mother knew Miami wasn't beating us that season..

Crazy to watch how fans viewed him back then and now view him because we made this stuck up clown the damn president of the team and he had no vision for what to do from the very beginning. Switching coaches, switching players, forcing an offense on a team that no one wants to play in, getting opposing superstars to absolutely blast the organization on the constant basis, but for some reason Carmelo is the fall guy. Corny. Here we had a player who literally begged to come to New York and DELIVERED when given the chance to deliver, but he's the fall guy.

This organization is full of clowns and it's a damn shame that the NY media defends Carmelo more than the fans. Remember when Marbury bought us to the playoffs and made the "best pg in the league comment" and we got destroyed in the playoffs and everybody blames Marbury for the team failing and not acknowledging the roster we had around a very talented Marbury, a point guard that actually loved passing? Remember how Ewing got blasted for missing a layup (pissed me off too) but nobody acknowledge how great the competition was and although he was very damn good we NEVER had the most talented team in the league?

Every era it's the same story. Get one talented player, surround him with a cast that no other team want, and watch us lose and blame the star. Foolishness man, just foolishness.

Yep. It's sad they haven't caught on. Ewing wasn't Jordan? Kill him. Marbury wasn't Kobe? Kill him. Melo isn't LeBron? Kill him.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#776 » by Kinglee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 am

Greenie wrote:
Kinglee wrote:Carmelo comes here, teams with Amare to get us to the playoffs. Watch Amare go down, next season he goes against Miami, watch the team go down, and puts on a helluva performance against Miami to get us our first playoff win in ages, then the following season he has a helluva season, literally the only player to show up for game 6 of the east semis, only to watch the DPOY get abused by a guy that was just traded for literally nothing. That was the year we destroyed the Heat in the season and everybody and their mother knew Miami wasn't beating us that season..

Yep. It's sad they haven't caught on. Ewing wasn't Jordan? Kill him. Marbury wasn't Kobe? Kill him. Melo isn't LeBron? Kill him.

Just curious to know what it's going to be when Porzingis isn't Larry Bird
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,418

Post#777 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 am

Marbury wasn't Jordan? Marbles wasn't even good.

Melo has been productive for a good long while at least. Marbury was a gigantic bum.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,336

Post#778 » by rajajackal » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:11 am

tbh paul/reddick/defensive wing/melo/DJ is a souped up version of old-kidd/felton/defensive wing/melo/chandler with a slightly wider window of opportunity. clips should swing for the fences with that in mind
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#779 » by Sark » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:23 am

Greenie wrote:

Ewing was beloved as a Knick. He got his number retired.

Melo will go the way of Starbury though. That's a fair comparison.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#780 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:22 am

Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Ewing was beloved as a Knick. He got his number retired.

Melo will go the way of Starbury though. That's a fair comparison.

Sark, stop directing Melo insults towards me. If I say something about KP that you don't like you will call me a troll. What you are doing right now is what?

Return to New York Knicks