Total votes: 11

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: NFC West 

Post#161 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Things will work themselves out. That's why we signed Lacy as an insurance policy. More durable than the other rb's available. We can also add someone in the draft. More depth the better. I expect Lacy to get most of the workload.

Along with most of the donuts and cheeseburgers, lol.

I'm pretty sure he's more of a Hamburger & fries type. :wink:

There is something fishy going on here with Lacy I can't put my finger on. Why does a team Like the Packers, who are in desperate need of a running game, let a guy like Lacy go? Hummmm. Makes you wonder if there is more here.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#162 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Along with most of the donuts and cheeseburgers, lol.

I'm pretty sure he's more of a Hamburger & fries type. :wink:

There is something fishy going on here with Lacy I can't put my finger on. Why does a team Like the Packers, who are in desperate need of a running game, let a guy like Lacy go? Hummmm. Makes you wonder if there is more here.

Rumor is he's up to 267 lbs. Dude likes to eat. They can always move him to O-line as an extra blocker.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#163 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I'm pretty sure he's more of a Hamburger & fries type. :wink:

Rumor is he's up to 267 lbs. Dude likes to eat. They can always move him to O-line as an extra blocker.

:lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#164 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Lacy & Rawls a two-headed monster :D

More like a two headed band aid, :lol:

Things will work themselves out. That's why we signed Lacy as an insurance policy. More durable than the other rb's available. We can also add someone in the draft. More depth the better. I expect Lacy to get most of the workload.

So are there plans to put in a healthy stock of new Chinese cuisine in the Sea Hawk stadium? Can have it delivered to the locker room as take out. :lol: :o
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#165 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:More like a two headed band aid, :lol:

Things will work themselves out. That's why we signed Lacy as an insurance policy. More durable than the other rb's available. We can also add someone in the draft. More depth the better. I expect Lacy to get most of the workload.

So are there plans to put in a healthy stock of new Chinese cuisine in the Sea Hawk stadium? Can have it delivered to the locker room as take out. :lol: :o

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#166 » by bleu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:More like a two headed band aid, :lol:

Damn BJJ, now I want Chinese food!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#167 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm

bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Things will work themselves out. That's why we signed Lacy as an insurance policy. More durable than the other rb's available. We can also add someone in the draft. More depth the better. I expect Lacy to get most of the workload.

Bleu, its China food! :wink:
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by bleu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So are there plans to put in a healthy stock of new Chinese cuisine in the Sea Hawk stadium? Can have it delivered to the locker room as take out. :lol: :o

Bleu, its China food! :wink:

My bad, I sincerely apologize to any of those whom I may have offended
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#169 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There is something fishy going on here with Lacy I can't put my finger on. Why does a team Like the Packers, who are in desperate need of a running game, let a guy like Lacy go? Hummmm. Makes you wonder if there is more here.

He actually looks pretty trim for supposedly being 260 here. :D

Read on Twitter
bsjaffe6
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#170 » by bsjaffe6 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 pm

btw Lacy aint all that durable and the weight has been a problem every year, i would have signed LaGarret Blount far more productive back
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#171 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:48 pm

bsjaffe6 wrote:btw Lacy aint all that durable and the weight has been a problem every year, i would have signed LaGarret Blount far more productive back

I like Blount but he's over 30. Outside of last year, he's been pretty durable.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#172 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bsjaffe6 wrote:btw Lacy aint all that durable and the weight has been a problem every year, i would have signed LaGarret Blount far more productive back

By the way. If Beast Mode decides to come out of retirement, do you expect a trade or a release by your Hawks?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#173 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

By the way. If Beast Mode decides to come out of retirement, do you expect a trade or a release by your Hawks?

Release is more likely.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#174 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

It looks like he wants to play football again and for his hometown team. I know you guys own his rights but I am not up to date with your salary cap, etc.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#175 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It looks like he wants to play football again and for his hometown team. I know you guys own his rights but I am not up to date with your salary cap, etc.

The team has about 11-12 million in cap space. Marshawn would cost about 9 million against our cap. We either release him & save the 9 mil or trade him to Oakland for a crappy draft pick. I'd rather he just stay retired tbh.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#176 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by bleu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It looks like he wants to play football again and for his hometown team. I know you guys own his rights but I am not up to date with your salary cap, etc.

The team has about 11-12 million in cap space. Marshawn would cost about 9 million against our cap. We either release him & save the 9 mil or trade him to Oakland for a crappy draft pick. I'd rather he just stay retired tbh.

I think Marshawn should just stay retired as well. I like him a lot, and I think that attempting a comeback would change his legacy in a negative way. He kind of rode off into the sunset as a legend, I don't want to see washed up Marshawn with a Raiders helmet on.

That said, I understand the appeal for him. A good season could make him a sure-fire HOF'er, if there's any line in the NFL I would want to run behind it's the Raiders, and he's a Bay Area guy who has been very loyal to where he's from.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#178 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Former TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin accused of marijuana possession, public intoxication in Uptown crash
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/uptown-dallas/2017/03/27/former-tcu-quarterback-arrested-suspicion-marijuana-possession-public-intoxication-uptown-crash

A former TCU football player was arrested after a car he was riding in crashed into an Uptown Dallas bar and injured five people.

Trevone Boykin faces charges on suspicion of possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces and public intoxication, according to Dallas County Jail records.

Loved the kid at TCU but you would've thought the thing in San Antonio would have taught him.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#179 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Former TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin accused of marijuana possession, public intoxication in Uptown crash
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/uptown-dallas/2017/03/27/former-tcu-quarterback-arrested-suspicion-marijuana-possession-public-intoxication-uptown-crash

A former TCU football player was arrested after a car he was riding in crashed into an Uptown Dallas bar and injured five people.

Trevone Boykin faces charges on suspicion of possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces and public intoxication, according to Dallas County Jail records.

Loved the kid at TCU but you would've thought the thing in San Antonio would have taught him.

Sucks that people were injured. But it sounds like he was a passenger & not the driver. A little weed? I know Texas is the wrong state but he should be fine lol.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#180 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Former TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin accused of marijuana possession, public intoxication in Uptown crash

Sucks that people were injured. But it sounds like he was a passenger & not the driver. A little weed? I know Texas is the wrong state but he should be fine lol.

Hopefully (him being a passenger) that's all his responsibility amounts to. And yeah - "a little pot" is pretty damned petty. The PI is no big deal. But - just like Zeke - he's gotta be smarter than that.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board