ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#401 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:02 am

basketboule wrote:It's good to get a high draft pick. But with Melo still aboard, wouldn't it be looking good to have Rubio via trade and Redick in the summer?

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

Are you suggesting trading a 2017 top 10 pick for Rubio? If you are, I strongly disagree.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#402 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 am

Swoosh_Stripes wrote:
basketboule wrote:It's good to get a high draft pick. But with Melo still aboard, wouldn't it be looking good to have Rubio via trade and Redick in the summer?

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

Are you suggesting trading a 2017 top 10 pick for Rubio? If you are, I strongly disagree.

No certainly not. I just noticed how many people think we dodged a bullet by not trading for Rubio recently because the tank is rolling so strong right now. That's what I meant.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#403 » by moocow007 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

What else is the Clippers going to include in a Anthony for Reddick deal? And I don't mean just salary fillers. JJ Reddick won't the luxury of CP3 and the rest of the Clippers leaving him wide open with the Knicks and he's among the worst defensive shooting guards in the NBA...and he's just as old as Anthony. That's the likely reason that Anthony isn't already a Clipper. They simply have absolute crap after their big 3 in terms of assets. No draft picks to trade and nothing in terms of youth (aside from Austin Rivers...who would be in Jackson's doghouse about 2 and a half minutes into this career since he plays like Kobe without the talent).
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#404 » by dakomish23 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

What else is the Clippers going to include in a Anthony for Reddick deal? And I don't mean just salary fillers. JJ Reddick won't the luxury of CP3 and the rest of the Clippers leaving him wide open with the Knicks and he's among the worst defensive shooting guards in the NBA...and he's just as old as Anthony. That's the likely reason that Anthony isn't already a Clipper. They simply have absolute crap after their big 3 in terms of assets. No draft picks to trade and nothing in terms of youth (aside from Austin Rivers...who would be in Jackson's doghouse about 2 and a half minutes into this career since he plays like Kobe without the talent).

You think all CP3 and Blake are locks to return?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#405 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:34 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

i think Chris Paul agreed to a extension not too long ago. not sure about Blake though
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#406 » by dakomish23 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:39 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

i think Chris Paul agreed to a extension not too long ago. not sure about Blake though

That was a story that he'd agree to resign. He's still going to become a FA. A lot of basketball between now and then. If they have a 1st round flameout and one of the teams with max cap space has a good showing, you never know.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#407 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

That was a story that he'd agree to resign. He's still going to become a FA. A lot of basketball between now and then. If they have a 1st round flameout and one of the teams with max cap space has a good showing, you never know.

true
would be funny if he pulls a deandre jordan on them lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#408 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:15 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

I think the Clips are likely going to blow it up, there's already rumors about Doc and Orlando.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#409 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 am

From the BR article on FAs who will be overpaid this summer. I know he's been mentioned plenty over here.

George Hill, Utah Jazz
5 of 12

Rocky Widner/Getty Images
George Hill's future with the Utah Jazz is unclear. The two sides failed to break bread on an extension, so now he enters the free-agent market as one of the most sought-after targets.

From Stephen Curry and Kyle Lowry to Jrue Holiday and Chris Paul, most of the big-name floor generals aren't going anywhere. After Jeff Teague and Hill, there's a huge drop-off in talent (sorry, delusional Derrick Rose supporters). One of this summer's cap-rich teams might deem it necessary to shell out max money for Hill's services.

That paints the Jazz into a corner, which is the goal. If Gordon Hayward leaves, they can't spin paying as much for a point guard on the wrong side of 30. If he stays, they will have problems squeezing their core under the projected $122 million luxury tax.

Give Hayward the max while guaranteeing the salaries of Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) and Raul Neto ($1.5 million), and Utah breezes past $100 million in commitments. And that's if Joe Ingles (restricted), Shelvin Mack and Jeff Withey all walk.

Hill isn't signing on for $15 million per year. (Even then, the Jazz would be hard-pressed to evade the tax.) Goran Dragic, Lowry and Paul are the only players who clear 17 points per game while rivaling his assist (23.2) and three-point (41.2) percentages.

While he isn't a prototypical superstar, Hill's next deal, whoever it's from, is going to pay him like one.

A fantastic use of our cap space would be absorbing a deal or two from UTA so they can pay everyone. Slow Joe, Diaw, Burks - we can take on two or even 3 if we move somebody else. Maybe they can pay us a first or two like GSW paid them a few years back for the same thing.

Would be a smart decision.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#410 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP

Why trade? He'll be a free agent and a great fit alongside both, the younger generation and Melo.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#411 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Mecca wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:This Joe Ingles guy seems pretty good. Feels gettable, too, if the Jazz need to commit to Hill and Hayward.

He's a really underrated player. Like a poor mans Redick a bit. Plays team defense, passes well, shoots the 3. I rather have Gallinari who's a year younger.

... or the real Redick who to me is still underrated.
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#412 » by Knickerbock » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm

If rose walks... How much in cap space do knicks have?
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#413 » by br7knicks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 pm

knicks and melo have run their course. time for all to go their own way. it just would've been nice to unload him before the deadline so the knicks could go full-on tank mode.

but i would've been more pissed to get rid of melo for pennies on the dollar. not sure if knicks will get more than junk for him anyway. someone is going to steal melo. i picture him having a resurgence in his play, wherever he goes
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#414 » by malik959 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Coeur wrote:Trade c lee, koq, Thomas, kuz, 3 2nds
For Rudy gay and 10 mill cap space

Sign:
D Wade
Casspi
mirotic

Resign holiday and a mle guard

Draft/ufa:
Fultz (or lonzo or dsj.....)
Shake Milton
Nigel Hayes
Boucher (ir)
Karnowski

Fultz/mle pg/Milton
Wade/holiday/baker
Carmelo/gay/casspi/Nigel
KP/mirotic/Boucher
Noah/hernangomez/karnowski

OMG plz no (except Fultz - YES FULTZ)

We'd be the oldest/slowest/ most injured Knicks team ever
david_james
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#415 » by david_james » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pm

I think something to watch for when it comes to potential Melo destinations come this summer will be the future of Dwayne Wade. He has an opt out and this Chicago experiment went terribly. If and when he opts out, I would not be surprised if tries to convince Melo to waive the no trade and try to join him wherever he may end up. At least one can hope.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#416 » by BowlRips » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:39 pm

david_james wrote:I think something to watch for when it comes to potential Melo destinations come this summer will be the future of Dwayne Wade. He has an opt out and this Chicago experiment went terribly. If and when he opts out, I would not be surprised if tries to convince Melo to waive the no trade and try to join him wherever he may end up. At least one can hope.

I can see that, but unfortunately I'm not sure of a destination where both Melo and Wade can both go to?
The Lakers? I dont think Magic is going to completely blow up the rebuild
The Heat? Those bridges are burnt?
The Cavs? Room for Wade if he takes the Mid-level, other than that no a possibility

Problem is these guys want to be on Contenders and in Big Markets
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#417 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 pm

br7knicks wrote:knicks and melo have run their course. time for all to go their own way. it just would've been nice to unload him before the deadline so the knicks could go full-on tank mode.

but i would've been more pissed to get rid of melo for pennies on the dollar. not sure if knicks will get more than junk for him anyway. someone is going to steal melo. i picture him having a resurgence in his play, wherever he goes

team's been .300 since december. melo has not impeded "tank mode."

let that rose for rubio trade have gone down. knicks would be fighting for a playoff spot right now and the tank commanders would be angry.

let the pups get cohesive and find an identity and win more games and we're mad at that too.

no winning here.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#418 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

BowlRips wrote:
david_james wrote:I think something to watch for when it comes to potential Melo destinations come this summer will be the future of Dwayne Wade. He has an opt out and this Chicago experiment went terribly. If and when he opts out, I would not be surprised if tries to convince Melo to waive the no trade and try to join him wherever he may end up. At least one can hope.

I can see that, but unfortunately I'm not sure of a destination where both Melo and Wade can both go to?
The Cavs? Room for Wade if he takes the Mid-level, other than that no a possibility

who told you that?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#419 » by BowlRips » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

who told you that?

Sources told me?
Do you have a destination you think they could both go to?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,494

Post#420 » by Meat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:From the BR article on FAs who will be overpaid this summer. I know he's been mentioned plenty over here.

George Hill, Utah Jazz
5 of 12

Rocky Widner/Getty Images
George Hill's future with the Utah Jazz is unclear. The two sides failed to break bread on an extension, so now he enters the free-agent market as one of the most sought-after targets.

From Stephen Curry and Kyle Lowry to Jrue Holiday and Chris Paul, most of the big-name floor generals aren't going anywhere. After Jeff Teague and Hill, there's a huge drop-off in talent (sorry, delusional Derrick Rose supporters). One of this summer's cap-rich teams might deem it necessary to shell out max money for Hill's services.

That paints the Jazz into a corner, which is the goal. If Gordon Hayward leaves, they can't spin paying as much for a point guard on the wrong side of 30. If he stays, they will have problems squeezing their core under the projected $122 million luxury tax.

Give Hayward the max while guaranteeing the salaries of Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) and Raul Neto ($1.5 million), and Utah breezes past $100 million in commitments. And that's if Joe Ingles (restricted), Shelvin Mack and Jeff Withey all walk.

Hill isn't signing on for $15 million per year. (Even then, the Jazz would be hard-pressed to evade the tax.) Goran Dragic, Lowry and Paul are the only players who clear 17 points per game while rivaling his assist (23.2) and three-point (41.2) percentages.

While he isn't a prototypical superstar, Hill's next deal, whoever it's from, is going to pay him like one.

A fantastic use of our cap space would be absorbing a deal or two from UTA so they can pay everyone. Slow Joe, Diaw, Burks - we can take on two or even 3 if we move somebody else. Maybe they can pay us a first or two like GSW paid them a few years back for the same thing.

Would be a smart decision.

exum

Return to New York Knicks