ImageImageImageImageImage

If Boston offered Brooklyn pick

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,689

Re: If Boston offered Brooklyn pick 

Post#121 » by Fat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:10 pm

You don't trade KP though their is Zero need to trade him especially not in this draft where talent runs deep.

We hyped KP up so much some of us expect him to really be a unicorn every night. In reality he is still a pup and has a lot of growing to do. Just have to be patient and continue to let him develop his body and game.. it's not going to happen over night
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#122 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Greenie wrote:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Dude has been hot since All-Star break

17.5 pts, 7.3 rebs, 1.3 stls, 2.3 blks and hitting 1.5 threes the last 4 games.

You're touting KP's skill set as unique. I don't think it's unique because there are too many other bigs that can shoot and block a shot. If he was the only dude doing it that would be unique. It would be like calling Westbrook unique in a league littered with uber athletic, rim attacking PG's. He's good, he's simply not unique.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fuq is funny?

You actually trying to validate your comparison of chriss to kp.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: keep doing you though.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#123 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm

shtolky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:wait tim hardaway showed us something in his second year? I must have missed that...

Just like I missed what KP was doing January and February?

Dudes was pissed at THjr for playing well down the stretch because of the tank.

No no no...they were pissed at him for ONE game...one, the Atlanta game. Why am I even still talking about THJ...

and the Minny game...and tge Detroit game. We were tanking full stream with Melo out. Timmy started warming up and put up a few nice games. People were pissed and blamed him for fuqing up out tank.

Point being, at that time he was a second year player. Could he not develop? Did he not deserve patience? No? Why, because you took his play at face value and called a spade a spade right? All of the things people preach to the people not fully sold on KP is not given to everyone that puts on a Knick jersey. That's my point. Funny thing is. I didn't call anyone a troll or stupid for not believing in a second year player who still needed to develop and had room to grow.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,212

Post#124 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Nah but you'd have to give some thought to both Brooklyn picks. Too risky most likely, to even do both.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,657

Post#125 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Greenie wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Greenie wrote:Just like I missed what KP was doing January and February?

No no no...they were pissed at him for ONE game...one, the Atlanta game. Why am I even still talking about THJ...

and the Minny game...and tge Detroit game. We were tanking full stream with Melo out. Timmy started warming up and put up a few nice games. People were pissed and blamed him for fuqing up out tank.

Point being, at that time he was a second year player. Could he not develop? Did he not deserve patience? No? Why, because you took his play at face value and called a spade a spade right? All of the things people preach to the people not fully sold on KP is not given to everyone that puts on a Knick jersey. That's my point. Funny thing is. I didn't call anyone a troll or stupid for not believing in a second year player who still needed to develop and had room to grow.

He only played against Min once, in November. Also, we lost the Detroit game by 22. Anyway...I've never called you stupid or a troll, but you often say things that are a bit of a stretch. You can't compare THJ's rookie and soph seasons to KP, you just can't and you know why you can't. One was a runner up ROY putting up stats that no player, forget 21 year old, has ever put up, regardless if you feel that his skill set isn't that unique (it is). The other is on the path to being a solid, journeyman NBA player. When I say to let KP grow, it's because the tools and ability are CLEARLY there. This was lacking with THJ. Look at THJ's numbers during his four years...they are pretty much the same...the same average, mediocre numbers we all expected. When THJ was a second year player, anyone with two eyes could see that he could grow, yes, but to what...to what he is now is what. No intelligent person who watches basketball would have looked at THJ and said, wow, he's going to be a star, just give him 6 years to grow. Is your point basically, well, any second year player can grow because I am saying KP can? I'm legit asking why you brought up THJ of all people. You can't be so black and white. If that was the case, we would say, well man Ron Baker sure can grow into a star. It's clear that some players are on the path to stardom and some aren't. THJ of all players never showed ANYTHING to make us think he could grow into a star. KP has and then some, period.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#126 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fuq is funny?

What is up with the comprehension around here?

The statement I made was KP's skill set wasn't unique in the NBA. Instead of looking at his actual game people started posting stats as if a stat means other players don't have his skill set. People love dumb ass stats instead of looking at the actual game so I posted the stats of Chriss over the past week. Oh look, another big that can hit threes and block shots. KP's stats do not negate the skill sets of others.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#127 » by DOT » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Greenie wrote:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:
Greenie wrote:The fuq is funny?

The statement I made was KP's skill set wasn't unique in the NBA. Instead of looking at his actual game people started posting stats as if a stat means other players don't have his skill set. People love dumb ass stats instead of looking at the actual game so I posted the stats of Chriss over the past week. Oh look, another big that can hit threes and block shots. KP's stats do not negate the skill sets of others.

It's not so much his skillset is unique, you're right that that is the way the league is trending, 7 footers that can shoot threes
What we're saying is that KP is better than everyone else at it (at the age of 21), which is why he's unique
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM

Post#128 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:

It's not so much his skillset is unique, you're right that that is the way the league is trending, 7 footers that can shoot threes
What we're saying is that KP is better than everyone else at it (at the age of 21), which is why he's unique

That's fine. I agree. He's better...
^^Oh look at that!
I wasn't speaking on numbers though. I was speaking on his actual skill set not being unique because it actually isn't. Skilled bigs that can pull you out to the three are not a new phenomenon, but people around here are acting as if it is by posting stats as if that proves he's unique...

You're the only person who actually comprehend what I said correctly.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,657

Post#129 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:

This is pretty much the argument I was trying to make. It's the same with Westbrook...are there explosive guards in the NBA...sure there are: Wall, Irving, Lillard...but nobody approaches Westbrook's level of explosiveness. Sure, other bigs may blocks and hit threes, but regarding the combination of both, nobody does it better than KP, they just don't. And I am not even saying he is better than other bigs that you mentioned, but he is definitely on his way. I know there is no convincing you right now, so hopefully KP just improves to the point where you think he is a star.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#130 » by F N 11 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:39 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

lmao Perfect
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,195

Post#131 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:wait tim hardaway showed us something in his second year? I must have missed that...

Just like I missed what KP was doing January and February?

we was pissed because he had one good game and he hit a late 3 vs Orlando that cost us two meaningless wins
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,195

Post#132 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:59 pm

speaking about that magical Orlando game who remembers that 2nd qtr??? :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/id/400579479

8 to 7 :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#133 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Apparently we should jump on it because KP's a giant stiff who really won't amount to much.

Shaun Novacamby.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#134 » by Oscirus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:38 pm

I'd hang up the phone before they got that deal out. We got the young developing hard working player who's proven that he can play in the NBA that we've been fiending for so we should trade that for some more lottery tickets? FOH with that .
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#135 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:01 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:If Boston offered Brooklyn pick would u trade KP?

Am curious to what people think.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

That would in all likelihood be a lateral move. It might end up being the #4 pick. Which Is how we got KP. It would be pointless.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#136 » by magnumt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:26 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:If Boston offered Brooklyn pick would u trade KP?

Am curious to what people think.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

No. He's young, still on his rookie deal, and ahead of production schedule.

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#137 » by Hemispheres » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Hell no I ain't giving Boston our Unicorn. Living in CT most of my friends are Celtics fans and constantly rag on me for how awful the Knicks are. But every single one of 'em is mad jealous of us having KP.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#138 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Here's the thing: If we do trade KP to Boston, he's going to the H.O.F. guaranteed. We keep him, 50-50 lol.

BFS. But maybe true too :(

You seriously might at best break even trading him for the Brooklyn pickS (both of them). You'd maybe get back one really good player. But with KP going to Boston where there's less pressure and he'd be beloved, for many different reasons, we'd always look like idiots in that trade.

Just can't do it. KP stays here and wins at least two titles.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,718

Post#139 » by spree8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 pm

I'm kinda shocked people aren't considering the injury aspect of it. How many times has he given us a scare and dodged big injury bullets?

I'm a huge fan of the kid but can't help but think his 7'3" Slender Man body is going to break badly at some point. I hope I'm wrong :-?
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#140 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Not to be too abrasive but the people who want to trade him for picks ... they would also likely to want to trade the people we draft with those picks for more picks at some point pretty soon down the line.

An unending cycle of Grass is Greener Syndrome. Just converting players, who all have flaws, into a commodity of eternal hope of getting the perfect thing.

Return to New York Knicks