ImageImageImageImageImage

If Boston offered Brooklyn pick

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Re: If Boston offered Brooklyn pick 

Post#161 » by Oscirus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:04 am

KnicksGod wrote:Not to be too abrasive but the people who want to trade him for picks ... they would also likely to want to trade the people we draft with those picks for more picks at some point pretty soon down the line.

An unending cycle of Grass is Greener Syndrome. Just converting players, who all have flaws, into a commodity of eternal hope of getting the perfect thing.

Doomed to forever chase a Lebron
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
JM88
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#162 » by JM88 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:39 am

To me Ball seems like a player that is going to make people around him better, and he may be talented enough to be a franchise changing player. However, he still - like any draft prospect ever to come out of college - comes with the uncertainty, that we don't know how he will respond to becomming a NBA player on and of the court. With Porzingis, we know how he has responded, and everything points to him being at least a very, very good player. Likely multiple all star (and not just because of popularity, but because of skills). He is also still on his rookie contract for a couple of seasons. With that in mind, there is no way i trade him for a simple pick.

That being said: Porzingis is not completely untouchable. Pretty much noone should be. I would have to consider it, if the pick was number one and Boston traded both Brooklyn picks, maybe a Crowder, Brown or Horford and took Noah in the deal as well. Giving us an exciting present and future. Not gonna happen though.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#163 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:40 am

spree8 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:

I'm gonna make this my sig

Good. I stand by my ****. I was wrong on Mario. Right on Mudiay. Looking right on WCS. Was wrong as fuq on Russell. Right about Winslow and it's still up in the air on Jah(Embid).

Tatum will be better than KP. Write it down, take a picture, IDGAF! (Smoky voice)

Don't you think it's a bit too early to say you were wrong on those players??

Nope.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,727

Post#164 » by spree8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 am

Greenie wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Good. I stand by my ****. I was wrong on Mario. Right on Mudiay. Looking right on WCS. Was wrong as fuq on Russell. Right about Winslow and it's still up in the air on Jah(Embid).

Tatum will be better than KP. Write it down, take a picture, IDGAF! (Smoky voice)

Nope.

Ah I meant right/wrong... 2 years isn't enough time tho.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#165 » by nyJnyKnyY » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:18 am

gavran wrote:Picks are always more valuable then players. I'd trade any 2nd+ year players for picks. Every year.

Dafuq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenie
RealGM

Post#166 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:02 am

spree8 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Nope.

If I can judge KP, I can judge them too. 2 years is enough to gain an idea of who and what a player will turn into.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#167 » by Greenie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:08 am

Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:

I'm gonna make this my sig

Good. I stand by my ****. I was wrong on Mario. Right on Mudiay. Looking right on WCS. Was wrong as fuq on Russell. Right about Winslow and it's still up in the air on Jah(Embid).

If Tatum look like Tony Snell you still think he better than KP?

Yes.
I liked Timmy and his ugly ass.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,727

Post#168 » by spree8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:28 am

Greenie wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Nope.

If I can judge KP, I can judge them too. 2 years is enough to gain an idea of who and what a player will turn into.

An idea sure, but not a definitive right/wrong, bust or not. Look at Dirk, Nash, Giannis, Kawhi, JButler, Draymond, etc, after their first two years. Winslow was hurt all year too. Not saying he's gunna be the next Artest or anything (who didnt break out his 2nd yr either) but it's too early imo. Not everyone is gunna break out their 2nd year. Jury is still out.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#169 » by sushibear » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:25 am

I would if I know 100% that melo and rose wont be on the team. Its a no if they are still here next season.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#170 » by Marty McFly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am

Absolutely not.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#171 » by Little Italia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:00 am

Josh Jackson and Ball on the Knicks? ......damn I love Porzingis but.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using RealGM mobile app

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,867

Post#172 » by GettinitDone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 am

Greenie wrote:
DaGawd wrote:No

Hold on now. Let's not be hasty.
Where does the pick fall?
If it's number one and our own pick is top 4 your telling me I could have...

Ball/Fultz and Jackson/Tatum

Ummmm...

Fultz is a ball dominant player like Harden. Can he play off the ball? Yes, but he can't hit his full potential playing off the ball.

Ball also has to have the rock in his hands, floor general after all. Can't just give ball to Fultz and ask Ball to camp in corner 3 pt line like Harden made Lin do once, and essentially all of his point guard teammates.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#173 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:48 am

After tonight. Ill do Brown and a 2nd.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#174 » by April madness » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:38 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:After tonight. Ill do Brown and a 2nd.

:noway: Boston might ask for a first to take on KP after last night :P
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#175 » by Billy Goat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

You'd have to consider it if you're getting the first pick in the draft and taking Ball. Point being -Boston aint giving that up. Porzingis is far from the sure thing we all thought he'd be after the first 3 months of his rookie year. He's had a rough go since then...it could just be because him and Melo basically play the same position....but watching a 7'3 guy trying to be a guard is painful to watch.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,189

Post#176 » by DOT » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Billy Goat wrote:You'd have to consider it if you're getting the first pick in the draft and taking Ball. Point being -Boston aint giving that up. Porzingis is far from the sure thing we all thought he'd be after the first 3 months of his rookie year. He's had a rough go since then...it could just be because him and Melo basically play the same position....but watching a 7'3 guy trying to be a guard is painful to watch.

You'd have to consider it if you're getting the first pick in the draft and taking Towns. Point being -Minnestoa aint giving that up. Giannis is far from the sure thing we all thought he'd be after the first 3 months of his rookie year. He's had a rough go since then...it could just be because him and Jabari basically play the same position....but watching a 6'11 guy trying to be a guard is painful to watch.

This is what you sound like
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#177 » by Billy Goat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:50 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:You'd have to consider it if you're getting the first pick in the draft and taking Ball. Point being -Boston aint giving that up. Porzingis is far from the sure thing we all thought he'd be after the first 3 months of his rookie year. He's had a rough go since then...it could just be because him and Melo basically play the same position....but watching a 7'3 guy trying to be a guard is painful to watch.

You'd have to consider it if you're getting the first pick in the draft and taking Towns. Point being -Minnestoa aint giving that up. Giannis is far from the sure thing we all thought he'd be after the first 3 months of his rookie year. He's had a rough go since then...it could just be because him and Jabari basically play the same position....but watching a 6'11 guy trying to be a guard is painful to watch.

Giannis improved significantly from year 1 to year 2. Porzingis is getting worse.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#178 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 pm

lol

Guy who supposed to be a project averages 18ppg his 2nd year is not a sure thing.

Guy who never played in NBA, with one of the worst shooting forms in basketball.. Yeah, give us more proven thing. :D

Just look back on all PG`s drafted in the top10 last couple of years.

2016 - Dunn, Murray.
2015- Russel, Mudiay.
2014 - Exum, Smart, Payton.
2013 - Burke.
2012 - Lillard.

If you don't count Lillard, you can argue everyone else has been a disappointment.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,189

Post#179 » by DOT » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

Giannis improved significantly from year 1 to year 2. Porzingis is getting worse.

That is just laughably untrue
Kristaps went from 14.3 7.3 1.3 .7 1.9 on 42/33/84 splits his first year (.518 TS%) to
18.1 7.3 1.4 .7 2.0 on 44/36/79 splits this year (.541 TS%), so more points more efficiently, yeah soo much worse
Giannis first year: 7/4.4/1.9/.8/.8 on 41/35/68 splits (.518 TS%)
Giannis second year: 13/6.7/2.6/.9/1 on 49/16/74 splits (.552 TS%)

So about the same improvement from a scoring/efficiency standpoint. Giannis didn't really break out until this year, his 4th year
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#180 » by Billy Goat » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:21 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

That is just laughably untrue
Kristaps went from 14.3 7.3 1.3 .7 1.9 on 42/33/84 splits his first year (.518 TS%) to
18.1 7.3 1.4 .7 2.0 on 44/36/79 splits this year (.541 TS%), so more points more efficiently, yeah soo much worse
Giannis first year: 7/4.4/1.9/.8/.8 on 41/35/68 splits (.518 TS%)
Giannis second year: 13/6.7/2.6/.9/1 on 49/16/74 splits (.552 TS%)

So about the same improvement from a scoring/efficiency standpoint. Giannis didn't really break out until this year, his 4th year

Porzingis' rebounds are down, fouls are up...assist numbers still stink. True shooting has improved but for a big that takes the amount of shots he does it needs to be better. He's still an unknown but to say he's trending upwards or to star status its just not true.

Return to New York Knicks