Total votes: 6

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Re: 2004 quarterbacks 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:That Cardinals team was pretty darn good, so I have to give credit there. That Seahawks win was an embarrassment to everything the super bowl is supposed to be. They should have just replayed the postseason that year. It is the single most poorly played super bowl in history and even the officiating was garbage. This is another reason why ring counting when determining greatness is foolish. Big Ben will forever get credit for winning two rings, but on that super bowl Sunday, he was the second best qb on his team to a wr.

Nope. Super Bowl V was the worst. I can't begin to tell you how bad that game was. Including the officiating.

waits for BJJ rant in 3... 2... and...

:P
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Welp... as I've noted more than once around here... my second grandson will be a freshman at some college somewhere in Texas this coming September. BJJ thought he was the senior citizen around here but I got him beat.

I guess that's why we connected way back in the ESPN and Sports hoopla days before coming here. Wow, its been quite a few years since we've been posting together now that I think about it. Time sure slips by during the down years with salary cap hell, bad trades, bad years, etc. I always thought Jack was the senior citizen around here. He was one of the reasons I came here. :wink: :lol:

You're always welcome on my lawn Jack. Even more so if I don't have to put gas in your mower.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#23 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:47 pm

I feel like I'm sitting at the table at McDonald's at 6am where the retired guys meet for coffee and a morning bitch session over the newspaper.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:22 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:I feel like I'm sitting at the table at McDonald's at 6am where the retired guys meet for coffee and a morning bitch session over the newspaper.

Life's too short to bitch.

And I bring my tablet. Leave the newspaper at home.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Welp... as I've noted more than once around here... my second grandson will be a freshman at some college somewhere in Texas this coming September. BJJ thought he was the senior citizen around here but I got him beat.

I guess that's why we connected way back in the ESPN and Sports hoopla days before coming here. Wow, its been quite a few years since we've been posting together now that I think about it. Time sure slips by during the down years with salary cap hell, bad trades, bad years, etc. I always thought Jack was the senior citizen around here. He was one of the reasons I came here. :wink: :lol:

You won't have to worry about that Jack. It rains out there way too much for my liking. :lol: I'd rather be outside with the black flies with a fly rod in my hand. :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:06 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:I feel like I'm sitting at the table at McDonald's at 6am where the retired guys meet for coffee and a morning bitch session over the newspaper.

Hey, I'm only in my mid 50's. I just got my first grey hair 2 years ago and I still play pick up basketball and bike 4 times a week. I don't consider myself a senior citizen just yet, and I still work part time. I'm sorry I made you feel old. I hate coffee by the way. I would be the one drinking orange juice or cranberry juice. But In all honesty, I'm sure I could find something to bitch about any day of the week with my Cowboys. After all, we do still have Jerry that could royally and massively screw things up in a heart beat.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Nope. Super Bowl V was the worst. I can't begin to tell you how bad that game was. Including the officiating.

waits for BJJ rant in 3... 2... and...

Gee, thanks Otis. Now I can't eat or sleep. I think I need a shrink again over this game. The only thing I really felt bad for in that game was the awesome and unbelievable job and performance by the Doomsday 1 Defense. They were clearly the best unit on the field the whole day without doubt. Despite the most pathetic performance I've have ever seen from a QB in Super Bowl History in Craig Morton, being on the field for most of the game because of inept offensive play, penalties, mistakes and not taking advantage of give me opportunities by the offense, a FREAK PLAY that lead to the only TD scored by the Colts and a couple horrible calls that went against them, I thought they held up just fine. Thank you very much for ruining my day.

You're welcome. I'm here to help.

To finish up with our therapy session, I was going to start a new thread but I would rather just get it out of the way now. Easily, "The worse starting QB on a good or great team in NFL history", is hands down, absolutely no debate about it, Craig Morton. Is it time for me to move on now, or would you like to chime in with your thoughts? :falloff: Or, am I :crazy:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Gee, thanks Otis. Now I can't eat or sleep. I think I need a shrink again over this game. The only thing I really felt bad for in that game was the awesome and unbelievable job and performance by the Doomsday 1 Defense. They were clearly the best unit on the field the whole day without doubt. Despite the most pathetic performance I've have ever seen from a QB in Super Bowl History in Craig Morton, being on the field for most of the game because of inept offensive play, penalties, mistakes and not taking advantage of give me opportunities by the offense, a FREAK PLAY that lead to the only TD scored by the Colts and a couple horrible calls that went against them, I thought they held up just fine. Thank you very much for ruining my day.

To finish up with our therapy session, I was going to start a new thread but I would rather just get it out of the way now. Easily, "The worse starting QB on a good or great team in NFL history", is hands down, absolutely no debate about it, Craig Morton. Is it time for me to move on now, or would you like to chime in with your thoughts? :falloff: Or, am I :crazy:

No argument from me.
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#29 » by CDior510 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Gee, thanks Otis. Now I can't eat or sleep. I think I need a shrink again over this game. The only thing I really felt bad for in that game was the awesome and unbelievable job and performance by the Doomsday 1 Defense. They were clearly the best unit on the field the whole day without doubt. Despite the most pathetic performance I've have ever seen from a QB in Super Bowl History in Craig Morton, being on the field for most of the game because of inept offensive play, penalties, mistakes and not taking advantage of give me opportunities by the offense, a FREAK PLAY that lead to the only TD scored by the Colts and a couple horrible calls that went against them, I thought they held up just fine. Thank you very much for ruining my day.

2000 Ravens Trent Dilfer would love to talk to you about giving away his position so freely, or Brad Johnson from the 2002 Bucs. Or 2013 Colin Kaepernick, or any Cleveland Browns QB since Otto Graham. Don't let your scars from the past delude you to other people's scars!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 pm

CDior510 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

2000 Ravens Trent Dilfer would love to talk to you about giving away his position so freely, or Brad Johnson from the 2002 Bucs. Or 2013 Colin Kaepernick, or any Cleveland Browns QB since Otto Graham. Don't let your scars from the past delude you to other people's scars!

One significant difference... their teams won the Super Bowl in spite of them. Morton single handedly handed the Colts the ball with great field position for a rookie kicker to make a FG that resulted in Bob Lilly tossing his helmet about 50 yards in disgust.

He was bad. And also remember... he had another chance in 1978 to win a Super Bowl. He got pulled after halftime.
CDior510
Junior

Post#31 » by CDior510 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
CDior510 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:To finish up with our therapy session, I was going to start a new thread but I would rather just get it out of the way now. Easily, "The worse starting QB on a good or great team in NFL history", is hands down, absolutely no debate about it, Craig Morton. Is it time for me to move on now, or would you like to chime in with your thoughts? :falloff: Or, am I :crazy:

One significant difference... their teams won the Super Bowl in spite of them. Morton single handedly handed the Colts the ball with great field position for a rookie kicker to make a FG that resulted in Bob Lilly tossing his helmet about 50 yards in disgust.

He was bad. And also remember... he had another chance in 1978 to win a Super Bowl. He got pulled after halftime.

I don't know why Landry loved him so, I was obviously too young, but my grandfather had loads of classic games on VHS, and let me tell you it was hilarious watching Landry switch between Craig and Roger like he was flipping tv channels.
CDior510
Junior

Post#32 » by CDior510 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 pm

CDior510 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
CDior510 wrote:

I don't know why Landry loved him so, I was obviously too young, but my grandfather had loads of classic games on VHS, and let me tell you it was hilarious watching Landry switch between Craig and Roger like he was flipping tv channels.

Also, not a cowboys fan clearly, but I love that '77 team. TD Tony Dorsett, Roger "Captain Comeback" (later stolen by Eli) Staubach, Drew Pearson talk about a three headed monster. Randy White, Charlie Waters and Thomas Henderson the doomsday defense. Landry was a hell of a puzzle maker, just not the best motivator.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:40 am

CDior510 wrote:
CDior510 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Also, not a cowboys fan clearly, but I love that '77 team. TD Tony Dorsett, Roger "Captain Comeback" (later stolen by Eli) Staubach, Drew Pearson talk about a three headed monster. Randy White, Charlie Waters and Thomas Henderson the doomsday defense. Landry was a hell of a puzzle maker, just not the best motivator.

As a fan, that was a fun team to root for. Randy White and Harvey Martin were damn near unstoppable that year and Hollywood was a hoot. And once Dorsett became a starter, the offense was lethal. A bunch of us GI's loaded up in a RV with a keg and drove from Abilene where we were stationed to watch Giants @ Cowboys that season. I remember the Cowboys getting up 31-7 then the Giants mounting a bit of a comeback until Dorsett broke one for 30 yards to seal the game. We finished the keg too.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Eli vs Rivers vs Roethlisberger 

Post#34 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 am

Who is better?

Who will make the Hall of Fame?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: Eli vs Rivers vs Roethlisberger 

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:19 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Who is better?

Who will make the Hall of Fame?

There is already an exact thread about this '2004 Quarterbacks' so I am going to merge with that one. I will add the poll though.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#36 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 pm

According to this, Rivers has slightly been more valuable to his team than Ben, followed by Eli.

QB's drafted since '99
(MAVPY stands for Modified Approximate Value Per Year.)

If you aren’t familiar with MAVPY, in very general terms, a MAVPY of around 4 is NFL starter level, while a MAVPY of 8 is around Pro Bowl level. Keep in mind that MAVPY is an average of a player’s outputs over his career.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

As homerism lives on, wow. lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:As homerism lives on, wow. lol.

:rock:
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,723

Post#39 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Carr is way to low on that list, imo. Just saying(prolly being a homer as well).
CDior510
Junior

Post#40 » by CDior510 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:42 pm

No way Andy "Red Rooster" Dalton is better than either Eli or Big Ben.

Return to The General NFL Board