ImageImageImageImageImage

If Boston offered Brooklyn pick

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: If Boston offered Brooklyn pick 

Post#221 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Knicks get Fox or Ball and really they should at least look to run outside of their triangle and structured O. They have halfcourt skills but I think KP and Billy have an advantage over the Jokic and Nurkic types on the break. Both more transition-friendly than the other Euro bigs.

Sorry non-sequitur but the running I saw in Portland -- think KP can be the trailing finisher. Nobody at his height can do it. Billy also mobile for his size and knows what lanes to run as instinct.

The triangle is the fall back when you can get the fast break. It's basically structure when the outlet to run isn't there.

I seriously doubt if there is a 3-1 fast break situation for instance the players will be told to pump the brakes and run triangle sets. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,138

Post#222 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Knicks get Fox or Ball and really they should at least look to run outside of their triangle and structured O. They have halfcourt skills but I think KP and Billy have an advantage over the Jokic and Nurkic types on the break. Both more transition-friendly than the other Euro bigs.

Sorry non-sequitur but the running I saw in Portland -- think KP can be the trailing finisher. Nobody at his height can do it. Billy also mobile for his size and knows what lanes to run as instinct.

The triangle is the fall back when you can get the fast break. It's basically structure when the outlet to run isn't there.

I seriously doubt if there is a 3-1 fast break situation for instance the players will be told to pump the brakes and run triangle sets. :lol:

Yet most coaches realize that to get out on the break, you have to play defense and get defensive rebounds. Apparently this notion didn't occur to Hornacek.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#223 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

I agree with this but even Carmelo said he liked the style they had at the beginning when it was faster. Whatever is going on the triangle is screwing everything up.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#224 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Kinglee wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

I agree with this but even Carmelo said he liked the style they had at the beginning when it was faster. Whatever is going on the triangle is screwing everything up.

But there werent actually playing at a fast pace. really need to look back, the Knicks had quite a few home games and were mostly beating sub .500's. had issues winning squat on the road early on, and certainly wasn't defending a lick. The triangle isn't the reason why they don't defend and shoot inefficiently. They have been doing that all year long. Melo has been a main component of both along with Rose.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#225 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Kinglee wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Carmelo likes that faster = more shots = more FGA for Camelo = more ppg for Carmelo
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#226 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:The triangle is the fall back when you can get the fast break. It's basically structure when the outlet to run isn't there.

Carmelo likes that faster = more shots = more FGA for Camelo = more ppg for Carmelo

But he averaged 18.8 shots in October and November then 19.7 through December-February :roll:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#227 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Kinglee wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

But he averaged 18.8 shots in October and November then 19.7 through December-February :roll:

Well, like a lot of people, for Melo hope is more important than truth. Melo hoped their would be more shots. :D
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#228 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Well, like a lot of people, for Melo hope is more important than truth. Melo hoped their would be more shots. :D

:lol:
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#229 » by symbiotic » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:48 pm

DaGawd wrote:No

Legitimately the best post in this thread.

Packed so much that doesn't need to be yammered in an essay.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#230 » by BKAY » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:55 pm

No, we've seen KP in NBA action and he is legit, at the very least. Trade him before you even get yr 3 out of him for a lottery ticket. nononono. I've said it before but a lot of you are seriously overstating the guaranty that a high draft pick will pan out. 1 IS basically auto, in terms of getting a playable player but KP is star tier and I dont think it would be wise to be greedy and try to parlay KP into a question mark.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,183

Post#231 » by DOT » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:49 pm

If on draft day the Celtics have #1 and offer it plus next year's BKN and brown, I'd consider it
Remember 84 when the blazers offered the 2nd pick and Drexler to the Rockets for Sampson? The Rockets coulda had Drexler, Hakeem, and MJ
Food for thought

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#232 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

people really think this tho.

#1 option is to push. horny knows how to coach that part.

but, as has been mentioned, transition attack requires stops.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#233 » by Jstock12 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:22 pm

Even though this thread is as stupid as it gets, I'll make a post here.

Someone was saying Chriss is as good as KP? :lol:

Among all PFs in the league:

ORPM - KP is 26/94, Chriss is 69/94
DRPM - KP is 14/94, Chriss is 90/94
RPM - KP is 14/94, Chriss is 92/94
WINS - KP is 10/94, Chriss is 92/94
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#234 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 am

Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Anyone who says NY fans are the most knowledgeable fans in the NBA doesn't read this boatd. Trading a kid with his skill set, size, and upside for picks that MIGHT turn out to be good NBA players would be an act of epic stupidity worthy of Isiah Thomas, Scott Layden, Al Bianchi, etc. KP is untouchable unless I'm getting back at leat one asset that is equal or near equal value and at least one top 5 pick.

If Boston got the #1 pick this year and said we will give you it PLUS Brooklyn's pick next year, you wouldn't at least consider it?

What if we had the 3rd pick too?

We could draft Fultz with the 1st and take Jackson with the 3rd.

If you ship out every player over 25 and run a full tank squad next year built around Willy, Fultz and Jackson you will once again have two top 5-7 picks.

If that's not a rebuild plan I don't know what is.

i hesr whst you're saying, but I just think the draft is a crapshoot. I just don't like the idea of tebuilding via the draft.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall

Return to New York Knicks