Re: AFC South 

Post#61 » by bsjaffe6 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:25 pm

jaguars made a great deal landing Calais Campbell to the defense
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 am

Looks like for the 2nd year in a row that the Jaguars make a splash in FA along with two really good back to back drafts. I'm one of the few Cowboy fans sad to see Barry Church leave.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:00 am

Bouye, Church and Campbell. Nice !!!! Tom Coughlin baby.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#64 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:12 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Bouye, Church and Campbell. Nice !!!! Tom Coughlin baby.

They still have Bortles however.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#65 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Bouye, Church and Campbell. Nice !!!! Tom Coughlin baby.

They still have Bortles however.

Depending on the Bortles situation at QB will be the area that decides whether or not the Jaguars make a splash or not next year. With Ramsey, church and now Bouye from Houston, I can see them eventually having the best CB's in the game. That's why I feel Romo would be awesome for this team. I think Jacksonville would easily win this division next year with good QB play. BORTLES IS A BUST and is currently holding this team back. He's not getting better after 4 years. He is what he is.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#66 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Read on Twitter
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#67 » by shawn_hemp » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:36 pm

I wish Jacksonville would trade either Marqise Lee or TJ Yeldon to the Eagles

feel like those 2 are being held back due to a subpar offensive line. Yeldon for obvious reasons, Lee because Bortles has no time to get the ball out and is a poor improviser
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Time is starting to run out on the Texans. Tick tock, tick tock.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#69 » by jwise44 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Time is starting to run out on the Texans. Tick tock, tick tock.

Bjj at the moment it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in a trade...that may change later

But for now there is no "tick, tock" for us
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#70 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:57 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Time is starting to run out on the Texans. Tick tock, tick tock.

Bjj at the moment it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in a trade...that may change later

Hell - there isn't even a battery in the clock.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#71 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:24 pm

I agree. There is no tick tock for us, but Houston, not so much. At the moment they are already behind a lot of clubs preparing for the upcoming season. Its hard for the coordinators to prepare for many aspects of the offense when they don't even know who is going to run the ship. Nobody is working out with the receivers in the off season and it will extremely difficult to put it all together in just one training camp. And if they don't have a QB ready to go by training camp, well, you just might as well kiss your season good bye.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:31 pm

jwise44 wrote:

If Savage and what's left out there in FA with what is being offered in the upcoming draft at QB, good luck.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,113

Post#73 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 pm

It's okay, Ass Chin is "excited" about the Texans' QBs!

No reason to worry!

Maybe he intends to start Braxton Miller at QB. You never know with Ass Chin, being a genius and all.

:roll:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
InfraRedshaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Post#74 » by InfraRedshaw » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Another year, another wide open AFC South.

Could really see any team taking it, all have strengths and weaknesses.

I think the Titans are the most well rounded team in the division but until they can beat the Colts and stop splitting with the Jags its tough to call them the favorite.

I will say I think Savage could potentially be good enough for the Texans to take it, as much as it hurts me :(
Just 8* years ago Andrea Bargnani was my franchise player, you MF'ers can't rain on my parade
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#75 » by JaxMagic » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:37 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:I wish Jacksonville would trade either Marqise Lee or TJ Yeldon to the Eagles

feel like those 2 are being held back due to a subpar offensive line. Yeldon for obvious reasons, Lee because Bortles has no time to get the ball out and is a poor improviser

You can have Yeldon for a ham sandwich. Lee, on the other hand, broke last year and looks to be in the team's long term plans.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#76 » by shawn_hemp » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 pm

JaxMagic wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:I wish Jacksonville would trade either Marqise Lee or TJ Yeldon to the Eagles

You can have Yeldon for a ham sandwich. Lee, on the other hand, broke last year and looks to be in the team's long term plans.

Every Jags game I watched last year (admittedly not many), Yeldon was running into a wall of people pretty much immediately. I think he could be one of those guys who has a random 2-3 year stretch where he is a productive back on the right team.

I like how he seems to always be moving forward with the ball though, even when he cuts. He doesn't have flashy juke ability or size/power but a good enough combination of both to still be effective. I'd take him on the Eagles in a heartbeat

Not his fault Blake Bortles is the QB
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#77 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:14 am

JaxMagic wrote:

You hearing anything pertinent regarding Bortles these days? I heard Hassleback state on NFL live today that if Houston continues to dink around playing the wait for Romo to be released sweepstakes that they could lose out to a team like the Jaguars.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#78 » by JaxMagic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:

You hearing anything pertinent regarding Bortles these days? I heard Hassleback state on NFL live today that if Houston continues to dink around playing the wait for Romo to be released sweepstakes that they could lose out to a team like the Jaguars.

Bortles has spent the past month or so in California working out with Tom House to refine his throwing motion. Prior to the 2015 season (the season Bortles looked good) he worked out all offseason with House, however, he skipped working with House last offseason and regressed terribly.

I'm optimistically hoping that his training with House will get him back on target, but we shall see. I'm also under the impression that the Jags are looking to lean more on the running game to take some pressure off Bortles. If I remember correctly, the Jags had the lowest run to pass ratio in the entire league last year.
Voldemort
Freshman
And1: 31

Post#79 » by Voldemort » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 pm

JaxMagic wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:

Bortles has spent the past month or so in California working out with Tom House to refine his throwing motion. Prior to the 2015 season (the season Bortles looked good) he worked out all offseason with House, however, he skipped working with House last offseason and regressed terribly.

I'm optimistically hoping that his training with House will get him back on target, but we shall see. I'm also under the impression that the Jags are looking to lean more on the running game to take some pressure off Bortles. If I remember correctly, the Jags had the lowest run to pass ratio in the entire league last year.

I remember the days when David Garrard was the starting QB for the Jaguars but MJD carried the offense!
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#80 » by JaxMagic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:34 pm

Voldemort wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You hearing anything pertinent regarding Bortles these days? I heard Hassleback state on NFL live today that if Houston continues to dink around playing the wait for Romo to be released sweepstakes that they could lose out to a team like the Jaguars.

I remember the days when David Garrard was the starting QB for the Jaguars but MJD carried the offense!

I always felt like a Garrard-led offense was an 8-8 season waiting to happen. Oh, how I pine for those days. :lol:

Return to The General NFL Board