ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#881 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:49 pm

ClydeRules wrote:I'm hearing that David Wright still can't throw and I'm guessing can't swing a bat either. What to do with him?

Let him get the rest and treatment he needs and then see if he can get it together down in Florida where the weather is warm. We may just be getting to the end of the rope with him, unfortunately. Hopefully, this will allow the Mets' insurance policy on him to kick in.

Jose will be the everyday starting third baseman, which is better for the team anyhow. Now we have a leadoff hitter.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#882 » by reub » Sat Apr 1, 2017 10:38 pm

Seth Lugo is starting the season on the DL due to elbow soreness, joining Matz and Lagares. He pitched a lot in that World Championship series. It's a good thing that this team is so deep!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#883 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 2, 2017 4:44 am

ClydeRules wrote:Seth Lugo is starting the season on the DL due to elbow soreness, joining Matz and Lagares. He pitched a lot in that World Championship series. It's a good thing that this team is so deep!

I heard only "arm fatigue." Didn't hear anything about soreness though I wouldn't be surprised. Also, MRI came back negative. So, overall, I think it's good news.

Still, f*ck these WBC series. If it's my team, it's in all my players contracts. WBC ist verboten. You can't start off the season pitching like it's the freaking World Series. Thankfully, we still have enough pitching. I think Lugo will be fine. I'm not concerned.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,444

Post#884 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:42 pm

i can finally be happy when my team wins :rock: 1 more day
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#885 » by reub » Sun Apr 2, 2017 2:39 pm

The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#886 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:03 pm

ClydeRules wrote:The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?

When I was younger I use to hate when they won. Now I don't really care. As long as we beat them when we plays each other so I don't hear **** from my co workers.

But i also like how they are doing their rebuild
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#887 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:45 pm

ClydeRules wrote:The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?

It's heresy... no matter how you look at it. The Yankees indeed got some kids that's easy to root for... and they didn't have to be bad for multiple years. So yeah, screw them. Being able to cash in on Chapman and Miller was brilliant, but they cheated the entire process. When you load up the farm system you have to be bad for a few years, a bad year for them is barely missing the playoffs. Long live the days of Dave Mlicki!
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#888 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 3, 2017 5:59 am

Manhattan Project wrote:

It's heresy... no matter how you look at it. The Yankees indeed got some kids that's easy to root for... and they didn't have to be bad for multiple years. So yeah, screw them. Being able to cash in on Chapman and Miller was brilliant, but they cheated the entire process. When you load up the farm system you have to be bad for a few years, a bad year for them is barely missing the playoffs. Long live the days of Dave Mlicki!

Wait until they sign Harvey as a FA. :lol:
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#889 » by Lotsix » Mon Apr 3, 2017 9:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Wait until they sign Harvey as a FA. :lol:

Mets won't let that happen plus the Yankees will never learn, grow through your system not sign all these high profile players.

Mets will win the WS this season
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#890 » by reub » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:36 pm

I went to Opening Day for the Mets today. It was a nice day and we won 6-0. Thor got a blister so that's 3 of our starters injured already but we have depth and should be fine. Bartolo Colon got a big hand before the game as did R.A. Dickey, who we can thank for
Syndergaard and D'arnaud so I applauded him too. My impression of the team is that we have tremendous depth in all of our pitching (I really like our bullpen!) and offensively we're slow and we're going to strike out a helluva a lot but we will hit a TON of home runs.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#891 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:37 pm

welp

we've have our first casualty

RIP seth lugo's arm. only the mets go from, he's ok to, uh oh, 10 day DL to he's gunna miss significant time lol.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#892 » by TMU » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:49 pm

I can't stand the Yankees and would never root them unless they play the Phillies, Braves or Nationals.... just all despicable teams. I can only deal with the Marlins in the NL East.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#893 » by magnumt » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:57 pm

TMU wrote:I can't stand the Yankees and would never root them unless they play the Phillies, Braves or Nationals.... just all despicable teams. I can only deal with the Marlins in the NL East.

Spoiler:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#894 » by TMU » Mon Apr 3, 2017 11:00 pm

magnumt wrote:
TMU wrote:I can't stand the Yankees and would never root them unless they play the Phillies, Braves or Nationals.... just all despicable teams. I can only deal with the Marlins in the NL East.

Spoiler:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

--Mags :beer:

But I love everything else about you Mags. :oops:
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#895 » by reub » Mon Apr 3, 2017 11:22 pm

On the Yankee thread they're already talking about tanking. :nod: :D :lol:
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#896 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 4, 2017 1:12 am

Don't know why Mets fans have such anguish against Yankees and their fan base. I'm a Yankees fan through and through, but like to see the Mets winning more than any team I'm not a fan of in the metropolitan area. Baseball is a different sport in that regard, in my opinion. I really like what Sandy is building.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#897 » by Lotsix » Tue Apr 4, 2017 2:22 am

It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#898 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 4, 2017 3:26 am

Lotsix wrote:It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.

As a Yankees fan, I hated those years. 2009 was the least enjoyable championship ever. Didn't even celebrate. I was totally against signing everyone. I love Hal's re-focus to cutting cots to make us a normal team once again.
Brooklyn Nets
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#899 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Apr 4, 2017 3:51 am

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.

As a Yankees fan, I hated those years. 2009 was the least enjoyable championship ever. Didn't even celebrate. I was totally against signing everyone. I love Hal's re-focus to cutting cots to make us a normal team once again.
"least enjoyable championship"

yankee fan problems
Mecca
RealGM

Post#900 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 4, 2017 11:31 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Mecca wrote:

"least enjoyable championship"

yankee fan problems

It wasn't enjoyable. It was like using cheat codes in grand theft auto
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks