Senior
And1: 221

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#101 » by Prickle » Tue Apr 4, 2017 6:34 am

Iheartfootball wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Why do you?

I don't ... Uecker is Uecker....one of the best things about the Brewers is Uecker

I completely agree. But he's not above criticism.

At this point, Uecker most definitely IS above criticism. Yeah, maybe he's not as sharp as he once was, but who is? Almost all of the criticism I've heard regarding him has seemed to come from younger fans, who are accustomed to every game being televised, and up-to-the-minute stats, replays, and commentary in the palm of their hand. I'm not saying this is you, btw, just an observation I've made. Most younger fans have no idea what it used to be like listening to radio games before the internet age. We live in a fast-paced world now, but baseball is, and always will be, a slow-paced game that leaves plenty of room for storytelling and improvisation from a radio broadcaster - the things that Uecker excels at. He's a living legend who be greatly missed when he's gone.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#102 » by Prickle » Tue Apr 4, 2017 6:46 am

trwi7 wrote:Rockies are garbage. Brian Anderson sucks balls. Mark Attanasio is a nepotist ****. Your son sucks at singing, dick weed.

Well, I will agree that Mark's son should never sing the anthem again. It was really bad. I understand the tradition and all, but that's a tradition that should've ended with his dad's death. The National Anthem, when done right, can really help pump up the atmosphere for a sporting event. Now, I don't really think that matters for a baseball game. But it's Opening Day, for Christ's sake! That rendition was a complete buzzkill, no matter how you look at it. Sure, throw your son a bone on some random Wednesday day game in May, but please, at least for Opening Day, leave the singing to the professionals.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,352

Post#103 » by M-C-G » Tue Apr 4, 2017 3:14 pm

Prickle wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
I don't ... Uecker is Uecker....one of the best things about the Brewers is Uecker

I completely agree. But he's not above criticism.

At this point, Uecker most definitely IS above criticism. Yeah, maybe he's not as sharp as he once was, but who is? Almost all of the criticism I've heard regarding him has seemed to come from younger fans, who are accustomed to every game being televised, and up-to-the-minute stats, replays, and commentary in the palm of their hand. I'm not saying this is you, btw, just an observation I've made. Most younger fans have no idea what it used to be like listening to radio games before the internet age. We live in a fast-paced world now, but baseball is, and always will be, a slow-paced game that leaves plenty of room for storytelling and improvisation from a radio broadcaster - the things that Uecker excels at. He's a living legend who be greatly missed when he's gone.

Johnny McGlocklin and Uecker are probably the only two local commentators that are absolutely above criticism in my book. They've sat through DECADES of mediocrity and shined so many **** sandwiches, that I can't really care about any faults at this point. They are like two great guys that went to prison for 30 years for a crime they didn't commit, but helped everyone get their GEDs and turn their lives around Andy Dufraine style, they deserve better.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#104 » by kid idioteque » Tue Apr 4, 2017 5:32 pm

trwi7 wrote:Rockies are garbage. Brian Anderson sucks balls. Mark Attanasio is a nepotist ****. Your son sucks at singing, dick weed.

I agree with all of these things. That anthem was GARBAGE and Anderson is an overrated broadcaster whose bootlicking rivals that of Jim Paschke. He's a habitual over-praiser.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#105 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 4, 2017 6:02 pm

1. I think the Rockies are actually going to be decent this year if they can find a way for their #4 and #5 starters to not suck (by Coors standards).

2. Brian Anderson is good. Even if he is an "over-praiser" he is still 100x better at his delivery than Paschke and also is smart in his over-praise. He seems to understand the game he's calling to me.

3. Sure, nepotism sucks.
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#106 » by Flap Jackson » Tue Apr 4, 2017 6:51 pm

Is there seriously a debate about Uecker going on? My goodness, I long to listen to Uecker because I haven't lived in Wisconsin for 5 years. I do get a radio feed from my MLB subscription, but it doesn't sync with the television. I even thought about not watching the televised portion and listening to Ueck on opening day.

Speaking of being angry about commentators, do those of you who hate so and so ever watch other local broadcasts? I used to think Paschke and Mcglocklin were terrible until I had league pass. I wasn't a fan of Bill Schroeder until I had an MLB subscription. With the exception of a few around each of the leagues, one of the only things Wisconsin sports has going for them consistently is their broadcast teams. Most local broadcast teams are truly awful and full of airheads.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#107 » by El Duderino » Tue Apr 4, 2017 8:09 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Boy, opening day sure brought out a lot of repressed emotions in twirly, didn't it? Not that he's wrong or anything, but he sure squeezed a lot of personality into one game thread. Not that the Bucks haven't done the same thing to me a few times or anything.

Bullpen's gonna suck. Tankers rejoice - this could get ugly in a hurry.

I think the offense has a chance to be good, but yea the pitching staff looks really ugly.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#108 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 4, 2017 8:56 pm

Guerra out 4-6 weeks. Welp.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#109 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 4, 2017 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#110 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:13 am

How does Ed Sedar still have a job? He's the Brewers version of Dom Capers.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#111 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:25 am

Asked on Bfnet but is anyone else noticing Schroeder's lisp tonight? Pretty much the best thing about this game.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:34 am

DFA that Jhan guy. He stinks.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,818

Post#113 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:41 am

Twirly has a direct line to the bullpen to get Marinez in the game whenever we need to give the tank a spark.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#114 » by BigDee » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:04 am

Beauty of a hit for Piña.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#115 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:05 am

I will say I like the lineup. But the pitching is awful and defense suspect at best.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#116 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:07 am

BigDee wrote:Beauty of a hit for Piña.

Not sure why he's been riding the bench, he was lighting it up in ST.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#117 » by BigDee » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:11 am

Jett ripping it.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#118 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:20 am

Arcia's hitting has been such a buzzkill since coming up.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#119 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:30 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Arcia's hitting has been such a buzzkill since coming up.

Modern day Royce Clayton.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#120 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:33 am

VooDoo7 wrote:How does Ed Sedar still have a job? He's the Brewers version of Dom Capers.

He tells good stories.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers