ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#461 » by br7knicks » Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:26 am

does orlando have their first?

would they move gordon and the first, with j green and meeks for melo

do a 3 way with bos?

knicks get gordon, green, meeks, first rounder
orl gets zeller, jerebko, olynyk, brown, their non-bkn first rounder
bos grabs melo

not sure if any of that works, but i like gordon. quite a defender and athlete.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#462 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Apr 5, 2017 7:25 pm

My list of free agents the Knicks should go after

PG
Jrue Holiday
George Hill
Patty Mills

SG
Iguodala
Caldwell-Pope

SF
Otto Porter (restricted, extremely unlikely)
Robert Covington
PJ Tucker
Thabo Sefolosha
Kyle Korver

PF
David Lee
Nikola Mirotic
Pau Gasol (im lukewarm on Gasol, not highly interested, but will be lying if i said i wasnt interested a little bit

I left out the obvious names like CP3, Blake, Hayward, KD, Steph because we have no chance at getting them. Others like Milsap I have no interest in paying, Lowry is a very good player and in alot of ways is what we need, but he'll be 32 and I dont want to pay him either. I really hope the Knicks strike lottery gold and draft a franchise PG because im not in love with any of the FA PG options.

Knicks absolutely need to find a way to trade Lance Thomas. Hes not a good player at all and they need to get rid of that contract. Giving him 4 years was insane. Seems like a good guy and someone who works hard in practice, but this is the NBA. We need to find a replacement for him at the SF position. Covington is at the top of my list. Well Porter is, but its not going to happen. Covington is a great defender, can become a hell of a role player with a consistent 3 ball.

Knicks need a true PF. Would love if one of my favorite Knicks came back home. David Lee seems to have improved as a defender, not great but he hasnt been a liability at that end like he used to be. Still a good rebounder and is an excellent passer. Lee can be a solid backup.

Knicks need to stack up on role players. Our SF and PF positions are extremely weak or non existent. Already mentioned Lance, but I dont like Kuz either. Many people think hes young, but hes really not. We need defenders and Kuz unfortunately isnt one. But hes only making 2 million a year so it doesnt hurt to keep his as a 3rd stringer. And N'Dour is our only true backup PF. Debateable if hes our only PF on the roster since KP's defensive skillset seems more suitable and valuable at the 5.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,587

Post#463 » by Meat » Wed Apr 5, 2017 7:54 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:My list of free agents the Knicks should go after

sg
Caldwell-Pope

SF

I left out the obvious names like CP3, Blake, Hayward, KD, Steph because we have no chance at getting them. Others like Milsap I have no interest in paying, Lowry is a very good player and in alot of ways is what we need, but he'll be 32 and I dont want to pay him either. I really hope the Knicks strike lottery gold and draft a franchise PG because im not in love with any of the FA PG options.

Knicks absolutely need to find a way to trade Lance Thomas. Hes not a good player at all and they need to get rid of that contract. Giving him 4 years was insane. Seems like a good guy and someone who works hard in practice, but this is the NBA. We need to find a replacement for him at the SF position. Covington is at the top of my list. Well Porter is, but its not going to happen. Covington is a great defender, can become a hell of a role player with a consistent 3 ball.

Knicks need a true PF. Would love if one of my favorite Knicks came back home. David Lee seems to have improved as a defender, not great but he hasnt been a liability at that end like he used to be. Still a good rebounder and is an excellent passer. Lee can be a solid backup.

Knicks need to stack up on role players. Our SF and PF positions are extremely weak or non existent. Already mentioned Lance, but I dont like Kuz either. Many people think hes young, but hes really not. We need defenders and Kuz unfortunately isnt one. But hes only making 2 million a year so it doesnt hurt to keep his as a 3rd stringer. And N'Dour is our only true backup PF. Debateable if hes our only PF on the roster since KP's defensive skillset seems more suitable and valuable at the 5.

fixed the list for you.. everyone else just takes away from next year's tank for no reason.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#464 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:11 pm

Both Porter and Pope will cost nearly your entire cap space.....don't the Knicks need more than one guy?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,587

Post#465 » by Meat » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:21 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:Both Porter and Pope will cost nearly your entire cap space.....don't the Knicks need more than one guy?

sure, but it's not going to get fixed in one offseason.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#466 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:23 pm

Meat wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:Both Porter and Pope will cost nearly your entire cap space.....don't the Knicks need more than one guy?

Not with that attitude. :lol:
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#467 » by mugzi » Fri Apr 7, 2017 2:05 am

dakomish23 wrote:Guess who's on their trade wishlist? LFT

Read on Twitter

Let's say they land a top pick and decide to go with a point guard, maybe they would trade Payton ? I actually like him I think he would be a good fit and he's getting better. LFT and something like a top 15 protected for Payton? Too much, not enough?
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#468 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 7, 2017 2:57 am

mugzi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Let's say they land a top pick and decide to go with a point guard, maybe they would trade Payton ? I actually like him I think he would be a good fit and he's getting better. LFT and something like a top 15 protected for Payton? Too much, not enough?

I think he's better than advertised too. If they draft a PG, we should just wait to steal him in FA. 2013 draft right? Didn't check.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#469 » by mugzi » Sat Apr 8, 2017 2:20 am

dakomish23 wrote:
mugzi wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think he's better than advertised too. If they draft a PG, we should just wait to steal him in FA. 2013 draft right? Didn't check.

Something like that. He was a lottery pick. Has had a few triple doubles this year and I think he's 6"5.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#470 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 8, 2017 8:46 am

Read on Twitter

Lol this picture is ridiculous! Wtf
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#471 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 8, 2017 8:48 am

PG
Jrue Holiday
George Hill
Patty Mills

SG
Iguodala
Caldwell-Pope

SF
Robert Covington
PJ Tucker
Thabo Sefolosha
Kyle Korver

PF
David Lee
Nikola Mirotic
Pau Gasol (im lukewarm on Gasol, not highly interested, but will be lying if i said i wasnt interested a little bit

You're clearly wrong though. We're going to end up with this loser Griffin now that he's aging.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#472 » by Coeur » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:31 pm

Lance and kuz and ?? For Mario
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#473 » by Coeur » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:34 pm

PG
Jrue Holiday
George Hill
Patty Mills

SG
Iguodala
Caldwell-Pope

SF
Robert Covington
PJ Tucker
Thabo Sefolosha
Kyle Korver

PF
David Lee
Nikola Mirotic

Mirotic would be a great fit.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,256

Post#474 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:12 pm

Who else is aboard the Troy Williams hype train? Might be the perfect chance to sign a hidden gem.

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#475 » by spree8 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 7:56 pm

Knicks: KP, Melo
Get: KAT, Mozgov, 33rd pick

Wolves: KAT, LaVine
Get: JButler, KP

Bulls: JButler
Gets: Ingram, LaVine, Deng

Lakers: Ingram, Deng, Mozgov, 33rd pick
Get: Melo

Posted this on the Trade Board...got good reviews besides 1 or 2 Laker fans saying it was too much for Melo n a salary dump, but I think Magic would in order to clean up the mess and be major players in this year n next year's (PG & Westbrook) FA class.

I think Thibs is crazy enough to do this too and he loves Butler so... Bulls get their rebuilding package for Jimmy which is real solid imo, and we get a better player in Towns who doesn't have the injury risks that KP has, and is a hometown dude...#33 can still get someone like Mason III...who I'd prob trade Melo for straight up at this point.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#476 » by Coeur » Sun Apr 9, 2017 3:33 am

Avery Bradley would be a great target as a triangle pg if knicks don't get one of the top 3 pg's in the draft.

If Boston got heyward to want to come who do they unload to make room? How much would Bradley cost?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Post#477 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:55 am

PG
Jrue Holiday
George Hill
Patty Mills

SG
Iguodala
Caldwell-Pope

SF
Robert Covington
PJ Tucker
Thabo Sefolosha
Kyle Korver

PF
David Lee
Nikola Mirotic

-more-

Oh please, let this be. Just because. :nod:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Post#478 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:56 am

Coeur wrote:Avery Bradley would be a great target as a triangle pg if knicks don't get one of the top 3 pg's in the draft.

If Boston got heyward to want to come who do they unload to make room? How much would Bradley cost?

I heard/read that Hayward is interested in Miyami.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#479 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Apr 9, 2017 8:21 am

I hope they look at acquiring

Favors
Alec Burks
Ian Clark

And also

possibly Bradley and Crowder for Melo

and Turner for Noah, hell that might even make sense for them.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#480 » by dakomish23 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:42 am

Meat wrote:

Getting those two would be some coup. 3&D guys to grow next to KP and WHG.

Good thing we blew our load on vets :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks