RealGM
And1: 9,357

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#21 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
wichmae wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
You predicted 81 wins.

What Im seeing though from the pitching I dont think sustains. Its an eye test thing for me. I thought Guerra and Davies would carry this team to be formidable and I bet on the offense. You dont honestly think Anderson and Peralta pitch like this all season do you?

No, I don't think Wily and Anderson pitch like top of the line guys. But I've always believed the offense would be good and we'd have some success out of no where in the BP like we always do. .500 seemed like an optimistic but attainable season.

I'm glad to see Peralta and Nelson look like good pitchers...would probably be nice to send them out and get another wave of talent if you don't think they can sustain this long term (not saying this good but just be good MLB pitchers in the long run).
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#22 » by El Duderino » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 pm

wichmae wrote:Im with twirly. I think the early wins are fools gold. The pen looks great but the starters will normalize. Chase Anderson isnt going to pull 8 scoreless regularly.

Obviously Anderson won't pitch that well very often, but i am curious to see if Nelson improves this year. A huge problem for him has been walks, but he's only walked two in batters in his first two starts. He seems to be more focused on throwing more fastballs and in turn not allowing so many free passes. Whether he can keep doing this is certainly a big question mark, but it has to happen if Nelson wants to become a reliable starting pitcher. He's not good enough to fill the bases with so many guys via walks, especially non-dangerous hitters.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#23 » by wichmae » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

El Duderino wrote:
wichmae wrote:Im with twirly. I think the early wins are fools gold. The pen looks great but the starters will normalize. Chase Anderson isnt going to pull 8 scoreless regularly.

Obviously Anderson won't pitch that well very often, but i am curious to see if Nelson improves this year. A huge problem for him has been walks, but he's only walked two in batters in his first two starts. He seems to be more focused on throwing more fastballs and in turn not allowing so many free passes. Whether he can keep doing this is certainly a big question mark, but it has to happen if Nelson wants to become a reliable starting pitcher. He's not good enough to fill the bases with so many guys via walks, especially non-dangerous hitters.

Exactly. The main issue with him and Wily has been pitch counts and walks. That really taxes the BP and hurts the team. I can buy into some of Nelsons success but I dont think for one second Anderson and Peralta will sustain this. Granted with how good theyve been Davies hasnt been. I expect this will all even out over the next few weeks. I think the offense is there and the BP is ther to make this a competitive team. Which is tthe opposite of what I want. Which you all know by now :D
wichmae
RealGM

Post#24 » by wichmae » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:03 pm

If they truly do trade Braun I hope theres other to follow. If these guys can keep up the production they have decent trade status. Next season we should have Hader, Woodruff, maybe Espino, and maybe Lopez. These guys like Guerra, Anderson, and Peralta should all be trade chips. Even the other outfielders should be considered.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#25 » by El Duderino » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 pm

wichmae wrote:Exactly. The main issue with him and Wily has been pitch counts and walks. That really taxes the BP and hurts the team. I can buy into some of Nelsons success but I dont think for one second Anderson and Peralta will sustain this. Granted with how good theyve been Davies hasnt been. I expect this will all even out over the next few weeks. I think the offense is there and the BP is ther to make this a competitive team. Which is tthe opposite of what I want. Which you all know by now :D

Peralta has been so exasperating to watch over the years. For a big guy with a power arm that can sit consistently in the 95-97 range all game long, his K totals are far to low. Lack of command both with his fastball and slider leads to walks and 2-1/3-1 counts often, then bases clearing hits.

I could see teams though being interested in him by thinking if they could just get something fixed with him, he then could be a steal. A number of pitchers for whatever reason end up being better once they go to a different team. Granted, plenty also don't, but Peralta has the type of frame and arm which should intrigue quite a few teams.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Tommy Millone can't be the 5th best starting option in the organization. Or the 10th. 20th?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#27 » by wichmae » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 am

El Duderino wrote:
wichmae wrote:Exactly. The main issue with him and Wily has been pitch counts and walks. That really taxes the BP and hurts the team. I can buy into some of Nelsons success but I dont think for one second Anderson and Peralta will sustain this. Granted with how good theyve been Davies hasnt been. I expect this will all even out over the next few weeks. I think the offense is there and the BP is ther to make this a competitive team. Which is tthe opposite of what I want. Which you all know by now :D

Peralta has been so exasperating to watch over the years. For a big guy with a power arm that can sit consistently in the 95-97 range all game long, his K totals are far to low. Lack of command both with his fastball and slider leads to walks and 2-1/3-1 counts often, then bases clearing hits.

I could see teams though being interested in him by thinking if they could just get something fixed with him, he then could be a steal. A number of pitchers for whatever reason end up being better once they go to a different team. Granted, plenty also don't, but Peralta has the type of frame and arm which should intrigue quite a few teams.

I could also see teams being interested in him as a back end BP guy. He could be a really dominant closer/set-up if he threw more strikes. I honestly believe its his best role.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#28 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:54 am

Scored 10 runs and Braun has no hits. Huh...
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#29 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:42 am

I don't think they will sustain this whatsoever but they have at least peaked my interest to start the year. No chance in hell there isn't a better option than Milone though. Hell, even starting a mediocre prospect's clock early makes more sense.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,792

Post#30 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:49 am

Give Counsell Manager of the Year Award already.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#31 » by buckbeer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:08 am

Thames is looking like a great FA signing so far and the pitching have been a pleasant surprise.

Both Pina and Bandy have been out-hitting Lucroy, our catchers production seem to have improved after the Lucroy trade.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#32 » by El Duderino » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:45 am

LUKE23 wrote:I don't think they will sustain this whatsoever but they have at least peaked my interest to start the year. No chance in hell there isn't a better option than Milone though. Hell, even starting a mediocre prospect's clock early makes more sense.

Garza will soon take that rotation spot from Millone. Whether Garza will be bad, decent, or pretty good is anyone's guess.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#33 » by El Duderino » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:49 am

buckbeer wrote:Thames is looking like a great FA signing so far and the pitching have been a pleasant surprise.

Both Pina and Bandy have been out-hitting Lucroy, our catchers production seem to have improved after the Lucroy trade.

Pina won't keep hitting this well, but i don't see him turning into a really bad hitter either and he's good behind the plate.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: RE: Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#34 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:14 pm

wichmae wrote:If they truly do trade Braun I hope theres other to follow. If these guys can keep up the production they have decent trade status. Next season we should have Hader, Woodruff, maybe Espino, and maybe Lopez. These guys like Guerra, Anderson, and Peralta should all be trade chips. Even the other outfielders should be considered.

Hell any pitcher on the roster should be a trade chip. It would be nice if broxton started hitting because I would absolutely look to deal him at the deadline. No shortage of CF prospects with higher ceilings who could take his place. I'd be less inclined to move Santana but for the right price sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,589

Post#35 » by tski1972 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Villar picked off 2nd......again.

This guy is just plain awful on the bases.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#36 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Davies sucking to start the year isn't a fun development. He doesn't have any margin of error with his stuff, if he's not locating he's going to keep getting killed.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#37 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 pm

"Let me throw a slider right down the middle belt high to a guy that will swing at anything."

Piece of **** pitcher.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,893

Post#38 » by BUCKnation » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 pm

So Thames looks legit
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#39 » by crkone » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 pm

I like Thames.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#40 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:45 pm

I like this whole thing where we have Albert Pujols on nothing money.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers