ImageImageImageImageImage

The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread 

Post#1 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Alright, we're slacking guys. We've shifted blame towards Melo, KP and Phil (well-deserved or no,t you decide), but there's enough blame to go around for everyone!

Inspired by this stupid Berman article (which is just clickbait), my question to you guys: how much blame should DRose get for this crap season? And what does Rose have to do for you to accept him back?

As you can tell from my title, I am a bit biased!
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,048

Re: The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread 

Post#2 » by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

1 year 5 million dollars. Sixth man, never a starter. It wil be our 1st round pick that will start and if he is hurt or needs rest, Baker will take over. As a sixth man, the perk is that you can go full Derrick Rose tilt and just be himself. We just pray that for every point you score, it's not a god damn net negative.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#3 » by Marty McFly » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Jeffrey wrote:1 year 5 million dollars. Sixth man, never a starter. It wil be our 1st round pick that will start and if he is hurt or needs rest, Baker will take over. As a sixth man, the perk is that you can go full Derrick Rose tilt and just be himself. We just pray that for every point you score, it's not a god damn net negative.

nah. he needs to get the **** out this team. he's rubbing off on kp. :lol:

what's next? mēs vīrieši, jūs varat pieņemt?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:1 year 5 million dollars. Sixth man, never a starter. It wil be our 1st round pick that will start and if he is hurt or needs rest, Baker will take over. As a sixth man, the perk is that you can go full Derrick Rose tilt and just be himself. We just pray that for every point you score, it's not a god damn net negative.

nah. he needs to get the **** out this team. he's rubbing off on kp. :lol:

what's next? mēs vīrieši, jūs varat pieņemt?

I understand that no one wants that idiot back on the team. If Phil is telling everyone that this his goal is to get into the playoffs then he's going to need scoring power. Melo is probably gone and having Rose on a 1 year deal at 5 million is not that bad. You're telling me that a guy that can quickly get 15-18 points a game off the bench for 5 million is not worth it?
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#5 » by Dantares » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Its crazy that he was so athletic and could get to the rim at will. but every other aspect of his game was so horrible he ended up being one of the biggest net negatives on this team.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#6 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 pm

he might actually return.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#7 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 pm

For the long-term benefit of this team it's of utmost importance for Rose to stay for another year and be this team's unintentional tank commander.

Doncic, choo-choo.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#8 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Promote OP to a Mod.

That guy is good. I can get behind a thread like this.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,507

Post#9 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:31 pm

lol I might not wanna watch the knicks with Rose here, only been watching since 09. Rose is the most annoying player I've ever watched in a knick uniform. Fat Felton at least tried his hardest lol. Rose is a piece of trash.

He came here with the wrong mindset of trying to be MVP rose. Should've tried to change his game. Instead of being the horrible 19/3/4 player he is with no defense. Shoulda tried to be a 15/3/8 guy who at least gave effort on D.

I might pray h doesnt return
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

Post#10 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:he might actually return.

Yah, it's a bit scary, isn't it? I feel like he's getting a free pass while Melo's getting a lot of hate.
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#11 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Draft Fox and there's no need for Rose.

Does everything Rose does that Phil gushed over, but with defense and team-first mentality.

I really hope to never see Rose in a Knick uniform again...which almost means he's assured to be on this roster next season.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Dantares wrote:Its crazy that he was so athletic and could get to the rim at will. but every other aspect of his game was so horrible he ended up being one of the biggest net negatives on this team.

As time goes by, the best and smart players that last a long time in the NBA usually starts to add different weapons to the game. Rose is going to be like Iverson. A guy who thinks he can just milk his athleticism til the late 30s.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,914

Post#13 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm

The visiting mods were right that we would have been better with Calderon. Why they in turn projected more wins, I don't know :lol:

SportsGuy8 wrote:For the long-term benefit of this team it's of utmost importance for Rose to stay for another year and be this team's unintentional tank commander.

Doncic, choo-choo.

8-)

That said, another season with him as the lead guard will probably cause KP to commit harikiri. The lineups with him and Baker towards the end of the season were curiously effective. Baker can get the ball where it needs to go and guard the best of 1-3. Just use Rose as a ballistic to the basket. Then you either groom the rookie guard behind them until they're ready or... gulp... draft a forward.

Jeffrey wrote:having Rose on a 1 year deal at 5 million is not that bad.

You and I both know that if he returns that won't be the deal.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,914

Post#14 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:21 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:Draft Fox and there's no need for Rose.

Does everything Rose does that Phil gushed over, but with defense and team-first mentality.

I really hope to never see Rose in a Knick uniform again...which almost means he's assured to be on this roster next season.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Luck into a high pick and I think they go Jackson though.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#15 » by The Infamous1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:27 pm

I have no problem with him as a 6th man
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#16 » by PeoplesChamp » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Just effin rebuild already. A ball dominant aging PG isn't going to move this team in the direction it needs to go.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#17 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 pm

its not all black or white

there is grey

rose is a fantastic penetrator and fisher at the rim

he's awful at defense and passing the ball however
and leading the team
and reading mismatches
and being a PG
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,238

Post#18 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:45 pm

#1 is to use the cap space wisely. 1 year deals don't bother me as it just pushes the cap-space back 1 year, but I want to punch Phil Jackson in the brain for spending all the money he spent last year on old washed up players. Look at the free agents, pick the best one that you have a real shot at, sign them, but only if they're youngish and healthy. Bring back Rose if there's money left over, but never, ever as a priority.

Rose inspired my avatar (not sure how obvious that is). I liked the trade at the time, bringing him in on a one year experiment. I hate, hate, hated to Noah signing. Ugggh.
Go NY Go NY Go
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#19 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Myself and E-Balla approve of this thread. Where was this last year when everyone was **** on the few of us who already knew Rose was **** and the trade wouldn't be worth it? I love how people actually see this, though...a year late, maybe, but better late than never.

Gonna say it again - I told all of you he sucked and everything I predicted this past offseason has come to fruition.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,975

Post#20 » by Fury » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Myself and E-Balla approve of this thread. Where was this last year when everyone was **** on the few of us who already knew Rose was **** and the trade wouldn't be worth it? I love how people actually see this, though...a year late, maybe, but better late than never.

Gonna say it again - I told all of you he sucked and everything I predicted this past offseason has come to fruition.

Return to New York Knicks